Registration

Racebrat

I know some of you are eager and have already been asking so....

Registration will open for the 2008 NASA Nationals on May 1, 2008!

Hope to see everyone in Ohio! We are working on some great things for this year!

Adrian

Hi Todd!

That is correct- car numbers are first come first served.

I'll get more details out as soon as we have them! Stay tuned!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Registration for the NASA Nationals will be open by 5 pm PST Thursday May 1, 2008.

Hope to see everyone in Ohio!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was wondering, any bets on how fast the SM group will fill up, I say 4 days.....

Registration for the NASA Nationals will be open by 5 pm PST Thursday May 1, 2008.

Hope to see everyone in Ohio!

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Start your mousepads!!!

Racecar #'s are at stake!

it is 10:30 pm CDT and registration has been open for a few hours- we already have some entries!!! You can also get your parking taken care of as well when you register.

See y'all there!!

it is 10:30 pm CDT and registration has been open for a few hours- we already have some entries!!! You can also get your parking taken care of as well when you register.

See y'all there!!

Thanks for getting it all set up. It was fast and painless, well except on the wallet . I should have been one of the first. Wanted to make sure I got in early for prime garage space. Plus getting my number is very important to me.

Cheers, Scott

• National Staff

Scott, you were the third driver to register. You got beat out by a Mustang AI car, and a TTC/PTC SRT4

Just 4 drivers after you registered, someone registered with your car number.....but you should both be ok as it is unlikely that your two classes would end up in the same run group if the schedule starting flip-flopping classes.

I am registered as well, and was also surprised at the price increase, but not that surprised. Several of my friends have choked on it and will have to wait a bit to register. They are just getting settled on the idea of paying for a Hans this month!

Any idea how long before entry lists will be posted? I know its early, but curiousity is killing me.

I find it hard to believe the garage I just paid $199 for at the April Mid-Ohio event is now 5 times the cost. $999? And $99 just to get the privilege of parking on pavement? You've got to be kidding.

This is blatant profit taking and it really pisses me off. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I expected better from NASA.

Patrick

What makes you think it's NASA that's gouging, and not Mid-Ohio?

Personally, I'd bet most of it is Mid-O...

Scott, you were the third driver to register. You got beat out by a Mustang AI car, and a TTC/PTC SRT4

Just 4 drivers after you registered, someone registered with your car number.....but you should both be ok as it is unlikely that your two classes would end up in the same run group if the schedule starting flip-flopping classes.

Greg,

Thanks. I don't see my class running with either of those two cars, so it should be fine. I need to figure out how to make my snipe program work on NASA....

Cheers, Scott

I find it hard to believe the garage I just paid $199 for at the April Mid-Ohio event is now 5 times the cost. $999? And $99 just to get the privilege of parking on pavement? You've got to be kidding.

This is blatant profit taking and it really pisses me off. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I expected better from NASA.

Patrick

I'll just say that the first year of Nationals(2006) Garages and Pavement Parking were handled by Mid-Ohio themselves.. Garages were around $1100.00 and pavement parking was $1 per sq. ft. so a 10'X 40' space was $400.00 Do the math, it's less now that NASA controls it. Hook up with someone and share the space that make it even less. When the "other" sanctioning body held their National championships @ Mid-Ohio the garages were $2500.00...

The Regional events are much different than the Nationals. Nationals is a spectator event and the costs that Mid-Ohio charges the sanctioning body are quite a bit higher. Hey, you can always park out in the grass Paddock for free, many racers do. Just my opinion.

Cheers, Scott

What makes you think it's NASA that's gouging, and not Mid-Ohio?

Personally, I'd bet most of it is Mid-O...

The Regional events are much different than the Nationals. Nationals is a spectator event and the costs that Mid-Ohio charges the sanctioning body are quite a bit higher. Hey, you can always park out in the grass Paddock for free, many racers do. Just my opinion.

The costs for NASA to lease the facility should be about the same in September as they were last month in April. However if that's true, that's just as bad but not on NASA. Mid-O jacking their prices up 5x because this is a "National" event is outrageous. Sucks, too, I was all gung-ho to register and go to my first Nationals and this was like water on a fire.

I will be parking in the grass for sure.

Patrick

Mid-O's overhead costs will be much higher for Nationals compared to the regional event in April. Since it is a spectator event, and with the huge increase in racers, they will have a much larger staff there to run everything (concessions, security, maintenance, etc.). Maybe not 5x, but a lot more nonetheless.

Is there a problem with registration?

I was getting all types of error messages this weekend and still haven't been able to register.

John

• 4 weeks later...

"When the "other" sanctioning body...."

SCCA. Its not that hard. SCCA. Sometimes the hate that some have between the two gets to me. SCCA.

"When the "other" sanctioning body...."

SCCA. Its not that hard. SCCA. Sometimes the hate that some have between the two gets to me. SCCA.

I'm with you Rob, can't we all just get along?

No need for any competition between NASA and SCCA, just race on the track!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • National Staff
Is switching classes a big deal, I want to sign up but not sure what class I'll be running.

No, not really. Just register for the class you think you are likely to compete in, and we can switch it if necessary. In TT, if you switch classes and it results in you switching run groups, and your number is already taken in the other run group, you will have to switch car numbers. Also, it would not be very cool to switch classes on Aug 31 (anytime right before the Sept 1st cutoff) if the class you registered in has only 4 competitors (The switch would result in that class dropping below the minimum 4 competitor requirement on Sept 1st). Once a class has met the minimum requirement on Sept 1st, we do not delete the class if the number drops below 4 after that.

• Roman V. unpinned this topic