August Pocono South event?

Jimmypetm3

Hey All,

My name is Jim Pettinato, I am a local to the Pocono area and all around track rat. If you TT in the Northeast with EMRA or SCCA, or drive with PDA, CART, COM, etc then we have probably met or at least crossed paths at a track somewwhere. I drive a silver E30 M3 w/ Panther Pink trim (#98).

I just signed up for the August Pocono South event and was wondering the format of how NASA was doing events these days.

There were a few options online, I picked HPDE3 and went with it.

I may have attended one of the very first NASA Northeast events at Lime Rock back a few years ago (Ithink it was called NASA Tri-State then) (some guy put a Subaru on its lid in session one!). I have not been to one since just due to work & scheduling of other events.

Do they still do TTs at NASA events or is it just track time?

If they still do TTs what is the class structure like?

Any input on the structure of how they do their events these days is aappreciated.

Hopefully I'll see a few of you there (and we will have good weather).

Cheers

jimmy p.

Hi Jim, thanks for giving NASA Northeast (all new management from old TriState) a try!

At the August Pocono event we will not be holding a Time Trial. Instead, we will be holding a Competition Licensing School on Saturday (as well as HPDE track time) and Sunday we will feature a 1-hour Enduro.

We do plan to hold TT in the future, in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the day!

Thanks Joe,

So what is the order of the day?

Same basic thing as a DE (4-5 run groups - 25 minute-ish sessions)?

Also I sent in an email about getting on your instructor list.

Is that you or someone else?

Looking forward to driving with your club.

Is your club affiliated with "M Club" at all? They ran a session with PDA on the North course a year or so ago that I instructed at.

I see you guys do Auto x at Giants Stadium and that was what they said they did alot.

Thanks again for any info.

Cheers

jimmy p.

I never got an email - try sending it to [email protected] - we are always seeking more instructors! Be as detailed as possible with your experience (dates, schools, Instructor clinics, etc ... )

The HPDE will basically run much like PDA, SCDA, BMWCCA, etc ... 20-25 minute sessions with mandatory classroom sessions for lower groups. The Comp School and Race Groups will basically just be their own session.

As far as the MClub - NASA Tristate was formed from the 2 guys who created the MClub. When they had a dispute one of them re-formed the MClub and NASA Northeast was formed from remains of NASA Tristate. The guy who kept the NASA part alive is no longer affiliated with NASA.

We currently bear no animosity toward the MClub (we both run autocrosses at Giants Stadium). I know they are involved with PDA running Time Trials at Track Days.

Thanks Joe,

Its all much clearer now,,, I guess it was the Giants Stadium autocross that confused me.

Sounds like a good time.

I'm looking forward to it.

I sent you another copy of my driving resume to the addy you posted.

Do you guys run CW or CCW?

With Hairpin or without?

Hopefully with the hairpin,,, without it just turns into a little oval.

In any case I'll be there.

Cheers

jimmy p.

We'll be running Clockwise - with the hairpin.

Does that mean that you guys are running the opposite direction from what we ran in July?

<<< Does that mean that you guys are running the opposite direction from what we ran in July? >>>

I'll say probably "most" people run it CCW,,, but it is a nice change to run it CW.

Makes it really interesting to those who have mostly run it CCW for years.

I have done loads of events there going CCW,,, maybe only one or two CW.

Well that sheds a whole new light on it.

Really looking forward to it now.

Cool!!!

Cheers

jimmy p.

• 2 weeks later...

CW will be cool. yes, like most i've only ever run it CCW.

it might even make it possible to avoid some of the nasty bumps during the last left-hand sweeper onto the the superspeedway...since this will now be the last of the turns.