Are Dirt Stockers Allowed in GTS?

Damon in STL

I don't have any of the Dirt Stockers handy to double check, but according to the TireRack website, they are DOT approved.

"Hoosier makes a D.O.T. approved bias-ply tire called a "Dirt Stocker" that has been proven to be far superior to any competitors tire as long as it is a steady "wet" condition."

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=65

We used them in the SCCA until Hoosier started making the "Wet" tires. I mention that because we have to use DOT tires as well in Improved Touring.

The Dirt Stockers are DOT stamped. The reason I asked the question is because BMW CR rules specifically state the Dirt Stockers are "NOT" allowed to be run in JP.

My P/W ratio is above 16:1. So, I'm running slicks in GTS2. Now I'm wondering if any non-DOT tire would be considered to be similar to a slick?

Damon in STL

The Dirt Stockers are DOT stamped. The reason I asked the question is because BMW CR rules specifically state the Dirt Stockers are "NOT" allowed to be run in JP.

Damon, I read it on the internet, so it MUST be true!