a couple quick vids from infineon last weekend (04-12/13-08)

smack

my quickest lap on sunday, good for a tts win...

and a bit of drama after a motor let go between 6 and 7 and then dumped oil in the braking zone...

i thought i had fairly quick hands in this one, but no where near quick enough

all in all a great event and the group is getting bigger with 51 cars running this time around.

big thanks to kevin and mark

i thought i had fairly quick hands in this one, but no where near quick enough

"Hey Sparkey, next time keep the clutch in and you might not stall...makes it a lot easier to get out of the impact zone."

Maybe you havent spun enough in the past. I understand your misery. I also had a close call last season during a TT event. I got in a tight situation and was forced to do an evasive maneuver. I saved myself from crashing into the other guy, but ended up with a nice semi-spin/slide. I immediately, among other things, remembered what had happened that one time when i forgot to push down on the clutch. I then right away stepped on the clutch and saved myself from a stall, and potential disaster. It could have been a potential disaster because about 2-3 seconds behind me were a group of cars waiting to plow through me. Fortunately i didnt stall, and was immediately able to drive off track. I avoided getting hit by one of the cars by a few milliseconds. Ironically, its all on video.

even when two-feet-in is an instinct if you're just a tiny bit behind on the clutch pedal its all for not

luckily none of the other cars pinballed into you, looked pretty scary

i think this is only my second spin ever. usually i can catch them and just get more throttle in it to recover (at least with awd)

i was pretty luck the car finally fired up though because once i got out of there a g35 slid backwards right through the area i was sitting.

not sure if he would have collected me but it would have been too close for comfort if not.

nothing like looking in your mirror and seeing a pack of cars coming at you with nothing to do but wait for it

also if this would have been a couple years ago there would have still been a k-wall separating that extra paddock area from the track.

if that was still there we would have wadded up a half dozen cars easy.

just lucky all the way around...

thank you racing gods

While there may not have been a debris flag, what did you think that huge cloud of smoke was? Remember, where there's smoke there's fire!

i actually though someone spun coming out of 6.

also i saw the smoke three corners before and knew i wasn't the first through there.

once i came around the corner and didn't see a car sitting broadside on the track i thought things were ok.

you're right though, i should have been more cautious since there was lingering smoke.

stupid on my part but at least i know i won't be that oblivious again.

i do have to add that if a motor lets go, why wouldn't you just throw a flag since you know that oil has to go somewhere?

i guess that's just a judgment call and if the corner worker threw a flag with no oil down then people would scream about him

screwing up their lap for no reason. can't win.

the take away is i need to be smarter next time