Buttonwillow! Yay!

markseven

Poor mans Porsche Club checking in the Red 924S that likes to run with the M3 and Subie guys in HPDE3.

Hope that 14 Year old Spec Miata kid doesn't beat me in the corners... again.

Looking forward to blowing my gas budget with you guys (and Kids).

Poor mans Porsche Club checking in the Red 924S that likes to run with the M3 and Subie guys in HPDE3.

Hope that 14 Year old Spec Miata kid doesn't beat me in the corners... again.

Looking forward to blowing my gas budget with you guys (and Kids).

Haha, yeah that kid is fast and cool. It's gonna be like a 100 on Saturday...

100. Sweet. My Defroster is on the skids anyway and should save me 2 mpg's on the way up with my winter clothes locker.

Love that quote. Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

At the moment, weather.com "predicts" 106 for tomorrow and 100 for Sunday. Aye Caramba! I should have never believed them three weeks ago when they "predicted" mid-low 90's! Argh!!!!!!

BTW, I'm the red '87 325is...

106! Ouch!

I did 106 degrees at Road Atlanta last year, and it was a brute. Am getting to old for the heat.

You west coasters have fun and be safe. A few more weeks till I get to go out again.

106! Ouch!

I did 106 degrees at Road Atlanta last year, and it was a brute. Am getting to old for the heat.

You west coasters have fun and be safe. A few more weeks till I get to go out again.

Werd. I don't do any DE's between June and September due to the heat. Regretably, in a moment of weakness I signed up... oh well, I'm sure I will have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Same moment of weakness - I just signed up for a July event.

Damn track addiction!

I think we have another heat wave coming our way...

Your not the only ones. For our DE this weekend in Cresson, Tx the high both days is supposed to be 100+

They do provide water, a room with AC, and dispensation to wear shorts and short sleeves.

Good Luck,

Alan

Your not the only ones. For our DE this weekend in Cresson, Tx the high both days is supposed to be 100+

They do provide water, a room with AC, and dispensation to wear shorts and short sleeves.

Good Luck,

Alan

The water provision is muy bueno - not with SoCal NASA, Unfortunatly.

• Members

Ive not seen anyone ever go thirsty at a SoCal event.

Most everyone brings lots of water, especially the NASA staff.

Ive not seen anyone ever go thirsty at a SoCal event.

Most everyone brings lots of water, especially the NASA staff.

Hi Shawn, I've never seen water available from NASA - maybe I should look harder next time

• Members
Hi Shawn, I've never seen water available from NASA - maybe I should look harder next time

Well, we dont give water to BMW drivers.

JK! Like Greg said, usually its inside near registration. if you ask one of the registration people they can point you in the right direction.

Eyes..... open!!

• Members
Greg, Shawn, all this time I though that was for NASA Admin and the event staff... thanks for the heads up

Come on man, be real! Its 100F out and were gonna tell you no you cant have any water?? That water is intended for the NASA officials and volunteers but we share with everyone. Come by my pit and have a cold one bro! (Ill steal you one from Gregs ice chest! )

Most people bring their own, Gatoraid, water ect for the weekend. Last event I know if a couple people who burned thru what they brought before noon on saturday! Happens, it was just a high water use day. What usually lasted them a weekend didnt make it thru a day. I usually bring a variety of different flavored gatoraid and water just to mix it up.

Greg, Shawn, all this time I though that was for NASA Admin and the event staff... thanks for the heads up

Come on man, be real! Its 100F out and were gonna tell you no you cant have any water?? That water is intended for the NASA officials and volunteers but we share with everyone. Come by my pit and have a cold one bro! (Ill steal you one from Gregs ice chest! )

Most people bring their own, Gatoraid, water ect for the weekend. Last event I know if a couple people who burned thru what they brought before noon on saturday! Happens, it was just a high water use day. What usually lasted them a weekend didnt make it thru a day. I usually bring a variety of different flavored gatoraid and water just to mix it up.

Shawn, us BMW guys aren't known for our common sense

I bring my own stuff, too, but am sometimes too lazy to walk back to the campsite for water...

I'm writing this from just outside Rosamond. It is almost noon and the temps are in the low 90s. It's actually quite nice. I think the heat wave is over. Two days ago, the high was about 110 F. Forecasted temps for this weekend at WSIR are in the mid-90s.

I'll be driving my Spec Miata in HPDE 3. See ya' out there!

• Members
Shawn, us BMW guys aren't known for our common sense

I bring my own stuff, too, but am sometimes too lazy to walk back to the campsite for water...

This im quite familiar with. LOLz!!!

I feels ya man, stop by anytime for a nice refreshing icy cold bottle of Gregs water!

I wont be there this weekend so be kewl and have a good time!

I'm writing this from just outside Rosamond. It is almost noon and the temps are in the low 90s. It's actually quite nice. I think the heat wave is over. Two days ago, the high was about 110 F. Forecasted temps for this weekend at WSIR are in the mid-90s.

I'll be driving my Spec Miata in HPDE 3. See ya' out there!

I'm not there this weekend, either - but yes, be safe and have fun

Was lots of fun. Does anyone know who was photographer at this event? I seem to recall them having a booth in the cafeteria... but I was too busy to check it out.

VanHap.com

• 3 months later...

November 8-9!!

#1 Clock. I've never driven this configuration going clockwise, only #13 (with the sweeper, not Star Mazda).

Gas is cheaper, the weather will be nice, last event of the year...

November 8-9!!

#1 Clock. I've never driven this configuration going clockwise, only #13 (with the sweeper, not Star Mazda).

Gas is cheaper, the weather will be nice, last event of the year...

The weather is crazy in SoCal right now! Can't make it to this event, but I hope that the weather clears up for you guys by next weekend!

The weather is crazy in SoCal right now! Can't make it to this event, but I hope that the weather clears up for you guys by next weekend!

It rained here in OC last night. weather.com shows temps in the mid 70's and 10% humidity for next weekend in BW... hopefully their forecast is correct