BDRmike

New Starke Track

BDRmike

received an email from Ivor today that the track has been paved, and the paddock roads will be finished by Friday. Most of the fencing is in place, and He is now taking bookings for the track. I sent an email to them a couple months ago inquiring about the track layout.

Edited by Guest

Fyrestrike

Lets get a track map going, can never start preparing too early!

BDRmike

That is what I wanted from him, but I just get updates to the track opening.

Edited by Guest

Team BDR
Lets get a track map going, can never start preparing too early!

Drivers like you will get a track map, find a way to input it to a simulator, and the day before we get there you will have been track champion for 2 months already.

I think Stark will be close enough to get some SE and Florida region turnout, should make for a great event.

Team BDR

#177 TTB S2000 - Fixed (again)

s2k4TTC

woohoo one more FL track,

32EVOIX

I don't know if you guys saw this but go to youtube and search stark race track, there is clip of the layout unpaved. And yes Cliff I have began to study and memorize it. LOL

BDRmike

Jeff9962

I printed the pictures, watched the video again and it's easy to follow now. Thanks for sharing that's awesome.

I'm curious what they are going to do for walls where the track gets so close together and I assume pit in and pit out are the two small roads at the hairpin. If that's the case there seems to be very little room to get off line for pit in unless you ease up through the esses. Looks like it could be fun though.

jslindst

Guys,

Here's a vid of the track after it was paved:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think they filmed this riding around the track on a Kawasaki Mule or a Gator. Looks awfully narrow and they aren't even in a car. Looks like it would be better suited to run autocrosses or used as a Go-Kart track. Pit lane also looks impossibly narrow once they put up concrete barriers. Just my initial thoughts, I'll wait to see some in-car video before I decide whether it worth racing at this track.

Jeff

Varkwso

It does look like opposing traffic gets close in several locations. Some type of positive barrier will be needed there.

Where are the pits and entry?

Scott G.

Lets get some folks together and rent the track for a day. I just asked them about available track days and they said 20Jul. All I have to do is pony up thousands of dollars for a membership. That's not too appealing, but their track rental price isn't bad.

Scott G.

I just received their track rental brochure. A Sat/Sun is $1500/day and $1k for a weekday. Geez, that's practically free. For crissakes come on lets do it.

BeAmW335i

Hi guys,

I live in Jax, and a newbie to HPDE. I have attended couple of driving schools recently. I might be interested in sharing the cost to rent the track for a day.

FandangoDrew

Great to see the progress i am real excited about the new track ... but I really hope they get rid of a lot of those trees

treekiller

Here is a track map, I've compiled all the Areal photos with a Google earth satellite to get as accurate as matters.

According to Ivor Cars will be run in Counter Clockwise direction as per insurance so that is how I made this map, Only the Bikes Run in Clockwise direction if things change I'll update it.

Still don't know where the Worker stations or Start/Finish Line Are but I can update that when the time Comes.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/attachments/auto-x-road-racing/107243d1215243038-ers-track-map-erstrack.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we are running there August 2nd

http://southernsprint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know 1LAPSRT is coming, Anyone Else?

Actually I know of at least 5 one lappers that are coming out. you'll get to enjoy all the stories.

LMan

did you guys run the track on 2 Aug? what transpired?

1LapSRT
did you guys run the track on 2 Aug? what transpired?

That event was cancelled due to the track not being quite ready. We all got bumped to a day at Sebring instead.

TurboShortBus

That event was cancelled due to the track not being quite ready. We all got bumped to a day at Sebring instead.

What was "not quite ready" about it? Asphalt falling apart? Pit garages still under construction? Toilets not flushing? Track burgers had e. coli?

Mark

1LapSRT

What was "not quite ready" about it? Asphalt falling apart? Pit garages still under construction? Toilets not flushing? Track burgers had e. coli?

Mark

YES!

Actually, I heard it was the curbing and safety barriers that were not yet complete.

TurboShortBus

YES!

Actually, I heard it was the curbing and safety barriers that were not yet complete.

Does anybody know if any progress has been made on further tree removal?

Mark

1LapSRT

YES!

Does anybody know if any progress has been made on further tree removal?

Mark

You may want to ask treekiller!

beach_bum

I've been trying to get some info on this track because I'm signed up for the HPDE in November. It's getting some poor reviews due to two gigantic walls that were recently constructed. Check it out in the link below:

http://www.ffcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196714

Not too sure what the reasoning behind this is, but it looks pretty dangerous

beach_bum

I'll paste a pic here too...

9-27-4.jpg

TurboShortBus

PERFECT! It's right at the end of the longest straight!

http://gorally.com/erssite/html/road_course_0.html

It looks to be near the bottom left, as you head down that long straight from the top/mid of that photo to the lower left (if you skip the large "bus stop" chicane through the woods) and prepare to hang a (driver's) right to head to the left of the photo.

Well, at least there's a blue trash can to keep you from splitting your car in half on the end of that wall...

"You don't have to be Anne Frank" to know that it's a bad idea.

Mark

Edited by Guest

BDRmike

the walls were one of the big concerns since the start of this thread. now see pics even more so I would think. I guess track builders don't have to deal with OSHA.

the good news is Moroso is almost done and 40' wide everywhere. guess this guy should have gave them a call.