LliH ReD NuHt 4-3/4 roll call

slammed_93_hatch

Cool videos guys I will be updating the website this weekend with all the new track records and videos.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• mikeski38

• DaveWright

Seems we all got confused with the start Sunday. I thought we were on the green flag also when the starter called us up closer. I couldn't see the flag, so I was waiting for the 1st car to launch. Seems the bak of the grid had the same idea...pretty funny to watch !!!

Liam

I thought Al and chris Smith were going to hit me and vito! I saw the starter wave us forward and did a practice launch, and then saw Al and Chris coming hard.

i watched austin's in-car last night at home. I think because Austin and Dan couldn't see the flagger, so they thought we were taking off.

It made me laugh when Austin locked up the tires trying to stop! There was nearly a 3 or 4 car pile up in the back of the grid before the race even started! Good job guys for gathering it up and having a good race!

I thought Al and chris Smith were going to hit me and vito! I saw the starter wave us forward and did a practice launch, and then saw Al and Chris coming hard.

I was tryin' to get out of the way! I heard tires spinning and saw someone (think it was dan) comming up the middle and I was heading for the outside! I could easily see how the start got confused.

I was tryin' to get out of the way! I heard tires spinning and saw someone (think it was dan) comming up the middle and I was heading for the outside! I could easily see how the start got confused.

In a situation like we had, were we were on the second wave and not girded close enough to the group in front of us were the starter waves us closer should not be used to warm up tires or practice starts IMO. We should have moved up as one uniform group!

In a situation like we had, were we were on the second wave and not girded close enough to the group in front of us were the starter waves us closer should not be used to warm up tires or practice starts IMO. We should have moved up as one uniform group!

I would have to agree with this. The other times that I've watched the separated standing starts involving the Honda Challenge groups it's been the first green for the 1st group(USTCC), followed by a small wait and a second green for the 2nd group(HC). Once the group was gridded, there wasn't any movement except for the 2nd green flag start. Where the starter was standing, it made it so that I could not see them, or the green flag from the back of the pack, so I was looking at the 3 rows in front of me. When Al launched, as well as Chris and the other cars that were in my field of vision, it appeared that the race had started.

Is there some way that I can reposition myself so that I can see the starter? I'd have to move much closer to the wall, and no longer be in a line, but at least then the groups in the back could see the flags. So far this has only been a problem at Thunderhill backwards.

Austin, here is your video from Sunday's race. You did great! Nice dice in the back of the field between you guys. Big improvement from Saturday, keep it up. Motor sounds great.

Seems we all got confused with the start Sunday. I thought we were on the green flag also when the starter called us up closer. I couldn't see the flag, so I was waiting for the 1st car to launch. Seems the bak of the grid had the same idea...pretty funny to watch !!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3038284826310912332&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liam

Thank you for uploading the video Liam, it gives me a little bit to review and look at what I was doing. I had to be fairly protective of my line since Dan was sitting right on my butt the whole time.

Why don't we have NASA outline the start rules? It always seems to be confusing. Sometimes the USTCC are in front, sometimes behind. Sometimes we start together, sometimes not. Just announce it prior to gridding up, and let's agree a rule for starting on the grid, when we're not the first group to go. Agree to leave a certain distance to the group on green flag 1.

Like most of us behind we could not see the flagger. So, when you all moved, we assumed it was the start.

Doesn't help that the starter is standing on a 2 foot wall, and not visible.

Did have a good laugh at my and Austins video though !!

my nickels worth of free advice is to always keep an eye on the flagger as you are rolling up to your spot. Don't stop if you can't see him. If you must put a car between you and him, put him in the window of the car. You do have a little bit of leeway in where you place yourself on the grid. Use it wisely. Obstructions are usually a matter of inches, not feet.

Why don't we have NASA outline the start rules? It always seems to be confusing. Sometimes the USTCC are in front, sometimes behind. Sometimes we start together, sometimes not. Just announce it prior to gridding up, and let's agree a rule for starting on the grid, when we're not the first group to go. Agree to leave a certain distance to the group on green flag 1.

While it isn't announced it is always on the grid sheet that they post up.

With all the trouble the USTCC cars gave us last time BrianZ worked hard Joe C. (i think that is his name) so that we start in front when they aren't racing for points.

IMO when USTCC starts in front of us and we are on two flags (which i think is something else Z worked out for us, so this should be the norm from here on out) the pole sitter for all of HC should grid up RIGHT behind their last row.

The starter really shouldn't have waived us forward, (at least from my reading of the CCR). graham was the pole sitter, and were ever he stops he were we should all fall in line. (ccr says at least one car length behind the car in front of you.) If he wanted us to start were he stopped that is were we should start from.

About seeing the flagger. It happen to be at T-hill CCW, and it really sucks. But like Chris said i was probably only 2 inch from being able to see the starter.

OO and thanks to BrianZ for working with USTCC so that we don't have as many issues as last time.

Yes, did want to thank Brian for the USTCC arrangement. Much better. And when they start ahead of us, it's better to give them a 30 sec lead, let them have their own race.

Agree with Chris that you have to position yourself on the grid, but you are often restricted to where you stop. If the guy in front stops, so must you.

Normally this is not an issue in either TH or Infineon with the starter high on his pedistal, but TH CCW, makes it tougher.

All a learning experience I suppose !!

hey when the heck did HC become a part of USTCC???

WHAAAAAT?!!! OH NO, does that mean----unfulfilled promises (i.e, tv time for big races), inflated car counts (i.e,. HPDE Group 4 car in the back of the starting grid that's never competed in a race), partial rule enforcement to competitors (March 2006 Laguna Seca fiasco), using spec but yet 3 yr. old (but "free") race tires, etc...

For NASA's "premiere series", why are their times are closer to H2 times than H1 times???...just wondering.

hey when the heck did HC become a part of USTCC???

WHAAAAAT?!!! OH NO, does that mean----unfulfilled promises (i.e, tv time for big races), inflated car counts (i.e,. HPDE Group 4 car in the back of the starting grid that's never competed in a race), partial rule enforcement to competitors (March 2006 Laguna Seca fiasco), using spec but yet 3 yr. old (but "free") race tires, etc...

For NASA's "premiere series", why are their times are closer to H2 times than H1 times???...just wondering.

...easy Rod...

• 2 weeks later...
small correction, the tranny is a 96spec itr tranny (itr gears 1-5) w/ a 4.785 final drive. Still using the stock ITR lsd too.

at all the other events we ran in the #7 red H2 car we had a 98spec type r tranny (itr 1-3, gsr 4-5) with a 4.7 final drive.

the drop between 3rd and 4th was too much for the torqueless B16.

We rev the B16A to 9100rpm. Its got ITR cams & Portflow valvetrain.

I thought H2 cars had to use 'oem' valves, valve springs, etc.

Looks like OEM valves but after market springs and retainers are ok.

7.1 Engine

f) Valves and valve seats may be machined and may only be replaced with the exact OEM

equivalent.

g) Valve guide material is unrestricted.

10.3 H2 Limited Preparation Vehicle Engine Preparation

e) Valve Springs, valve locks ,valve retainers, and valve shims are unrestricted

• 2 months later...