Taking applications for a One Lap co-driver

1LapSRT

Most likely looking for a transit-only person, but if you have high HP FWD experience, we may be able to work in a track for you for a slightly higher investment.

There is plenty of time to think about it as the event doesn't start until next Friday May 2nd, 2008! ! !

For those unfamiliar with the Tire Rack One Lap of America (what have you been under a rock?) click here:

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/index.shtml?place=fifth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The black car (not the slow silver one pictured above it) is the entered vehicle for the event. It is a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 with ~400whp/wtq (ok..maybe it's a bit more than that... ).

For a transit driver, we would be looking for someone who is knowledgable about cars (duh!), not too fond of sleep and likes driving long distances.

The cost would be a 50/50 split of all fuel and hotel costs for the 8-9 day duration of the event (plus your own food) with the other codriver (there are 3 people in the car). All car related expenses and event entry fee is handled by the team owner (ME).

The only other expense, besides taking a week off of work, would be joining the SVRA ($150), unless you are already a member.

So lets here from those that would be interested. You can post here or PM me and we can discuss more details.

And if you can't make the event, don't forget to cheer on the MoparSuperCenter.com/Trackpedia.com SRT-4 (#15) during the event. And if you live within an hour of any part of the route, we expect you to come and and visit us! Of course will will only wave back and keep driving unless you live near a track.

Am I missing something here?

Who would pay for gas and hotels to drive you and your car from track to track? Seems like something you'd have to pay someone to do for you....

Good luck to you on the lap though!

Who would pay for gas and hotels to drive you and your car from track to track? Seems like something you'd have to pay someone to do for you....

Actually, they are paying a small price to be part of a great event. A week of racing, driving and fun for a little more than $100 a day. If you had ever been, you would understand that that is a bargain.

If you want to go for free, there is a ride in the SMART car available. If you want to go, be competitive, have a chance at winning our class (AGAIN) and being part of a top 5 team (AGAIN), then I have an open seat for the right person.

Thanks for looking.

• Members

For transit drivers?? Well as they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

If you can pull that off, then more power to ya brutha!

Is Dale the owner of the SRT4?

Actually, they are paying a small price to be part of a great event. A week of racing, driving and fun for a little more than $100 a day. If you had ever been, you would understand that that is a bargain.

If you want to go for free, there is a ride in the SMART car available. If you want to go, be competitive, have a chance at winning our class (AGAIN) and being part of a top 5 team (AGAIN), then I have an open seat for the right person.

Thanks for looking.

? What are you talking about?

I have competed in 1.5 1 Laps before ( )

You aren't offering a week of racing. You are asking for a transit driver, not for someone to pay for a race seat.

Anyone can watch racing for free (at this level) most weekends or weekdays on tracks across the country. You're not offering them anything but simply allowing them to help pay for gas to drive your car form track to track.

Again, paying for a race seat is one thing. Attempting to have a transit drive pay YOU is quite another.

How is the transit driver "being competitive"? Is that a joke? Your selling points are all directed toward things a RACE SEAT would give, yet you make it clear, this is for a transit driver.

For transit drivers?? Well as they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

If you can pull that off, then more power to ya brutha!

Is Dale the owner of the SRT4?

The intial offering is for a transit driver "unless" you have experience in a similar car....then we can talk.

The car is owned by me. Dale is a good friend, but he sold his car in 2006 and is busy with his son's racing career.

Thanks for looking.

? What are you talking about?

I have competed in 1.5 1 Laps before ( )

You aren't offering a week of racing. You are asking for a transit driver, not for someone to pay for a race seat.

Anyone can watch racing for free (at this level) most weekends or weekdays on tracks across the country. You're not offering them anything but simply allowing them to help pay for gas to drive your car form track to track.

Again, paying for a race seat is one thing. Attempting to have a transit drive pay YOU is quite another.

How is the transit driver "being competitive"? Is that a joke? Your selling points are all directed toward things a RACE SEAT would give, yet you make it clear, this is for a transit driver.

Well obviously you don't see any benefit in my request, and you are free to post your opinion.

And about "being competitive".... your probably right... there is no pride or honor in being part of a winning team if you weren't the one driving the car.

This will be my third One Lap and in 2006 I funded about 75% of the effort and provided the car. And I only drove one track! I gave the track time to the better driver on the team so that we would be as competitive as possible, unfortunately we had a few gremlins lurking in the car and were only able to finish 23rd.

In contrast to your comments, I have had a ton of responses but most have been unable to secure vacation time this late in the process.