Pics from VIR

Jim P.

• Members

I have to agree with Lawrence, whatever the AI leaders decide is fine with me and we will have a regional championship series as well for the racers who do not desire to travel.

As for John's question, I believe that is currently on the AI leaders table of things to discuss.

LM

Is there any chance of having a sit down with the AI Leaders and the racers to discuss this as well as a variety of other topics? It seems that the "National Convention" being held at Mid Ohio next week would be a great situation for such a round table.

The West coast leaders (Lindsey & Flaherty) will be in attendance, as well as the East coast director (Steve Marcus). Obviously Eric will be there. Lawrence can you set up a round table discussion with the Directors and the Racers, Saturday afernoon is wide open.

Thanks!

I have to agree with Lawrence, whatever the AI leaders decide is fine with me and we will have a regional championship series as well for the racers who do not desire to travel.

Jim has always been in favor of this. We have talked many times about it. After some discussion with one of the other regional guys, I do think that eventually this will happen.

Is there any chance of having a sit down with the AI Leaders and the racers to discuss this as well as a variety of other topics?

THIS is a great idea. Face to face would be the way to do it. I think we all know how many times something can be taken wrong when it is typed instead of spoken.

As for John's question, I believe that is currently on the AI leaders table of things to discuss.

LM

Is there any chance of having a sit down with the AI Leaders and the racers to discuss this as well as a variety of other topics? It seems that the "National Convention" being held at Mid Ohio next week would be a great situation for such a round table.

The West coast leaders (Lindsey & Flaherty) will be in attendance, as well as the East coast director (Steve Marcus). Obviously Eric will be there. Lawrence can you set up a round table discussion with the Directors and the Racers, Saturday afernoon is wide open.

Thanks!

I thought that this was the entire point of this excercise.

LM

Thanks!

I thought that this was the entire point of this excercise.

Cosmo, so did I, but I am now hearing that some of the AI leadership want no part of a public meeting with the racers to talk about the future of AI, rules, any/all issues, publicity,growth......ect. Oh well.

Guys-

Let's knock off the rumor mongering as it's getting really annoying. You'll note that I have been absent from most if not all Internet forums and it's just because of this sort of crap. If folks spent more time thinking about racing rather than looking for new reasons to take potshots at NASA and at Ryan and I, AI might be more fun and less stress for everyone involved.

So, Ryan and I will be at the event all weekend to talk about whatever is on your mind. The directors will be meeting on Friday night, so if something is of concern to you, please bring it to the attention of your regional guy so we'll have a chance to talk it over at that level. Some of you have done so already and I thank you for that. We're also using this weekend as an opportunity to meet and talk to people in an attempt to avoid all the nonsense that has developed because of the Internet lollygagging. The attacks that seem to come nearly every few days have caused dozens of people untold heartache over the past few years. If you have something to say that's negative, this is completely OK, but enough of the nastiness as it affects all of us on and off the track in ways most of the "snipers" can't begin to fathom.

So, we'll be there and you'll be heard unless you act like a jackass. We'll be looking at your cars and listening to what you have to say as long as you can talk to us in a calm, productive, and positive way. We haven't decided on what sort of meeting with you all to hold because we honestly don't feel like having two or three vocal and angry guys turning it into a shouting session where nothing gets done and everyone leaves with a negative feeling. I do want to set a positive feeling and work towards solving some of the issues that have come up, but man do I not want to get cornered and hollered at when I'm trying to enjoy a brief working vacation away from the day-to-day ass busting that is my world now. We'll work something out and let you know via the forums and the various mailing lists in the next few days.

So, there you have it from the top. No more rumors. No more stress. Show up, hang out, race, and let's spend some time hashing over ideas as colleagues and not as opponents.

Thanks for letting me vent and I feel much better now. I've got to go load the riceburner to get it on the Ohio Express.

-JWL

Guys-

So, we'll be there and you'll be heard unless you act like a jackass. We'll be looking at your cars and listening to what you have to say as long as you can talk to us in a calm, productive, and positive way. We haven't decided on what sort of meeting with you all to hold because we honestly don't feel like having two or three vocal and angry guys turning it into a shouting session where nothing gets done and everyone leaves with a negative feeling. I do want to set a positive feeling and work towards solving some of the issues that have come up, but man do I not want to get cornered and hollered at when I'm trying to enjoy a brief working vacation away from the day-to-day ass busting that is my world now. We'll work something out and let you know via the forums and the various mailing lists in the next few days.

So, there you have it from the top. No more rumors. No more stress. Show up, hang out, race, and let's spend some time hashing over ideas as colleagues and not as opponents.

Thanks for letting me vent and I feel much better now. I've got to go load the riceburner to get it on the Ohio Express.

-JWL

Vocal- Yes.

Angry- No.

Releived- due to your understanding that communication must occur.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone in a week.

Personally, I think a meeting with all the AI racers would be a good idea. I understand the concern that it could become a shouting match - and everyone coming to the meeting will have to understand that it WILL NOT become that. Frankly, I think that a lot of the attacks that come about here and on other internet forums are because of frustration that comes from the nature of talking over the internet - namely delays, and lack if inflection in comments. I think a group meeting might be a good thing, and I think we need to count on everyone to enforce the no senseless arguments ban. Simply put - no topic should be off limits, but the group should agree when a topic has been discussed and move on.

I understand you're wanting to talk to everyone, but most people will only talk about the issues that are affecting them NOW. A meeting is a good place to get a quick hand vote on various issues, to see where the racers really stand.

My vote: Let's have this meeting. Thanks.

• Members
DAMN I hate that I am missing (right now) this event.

...back to work I go...

Good luck to all my AI brethren.

-Shugg

I am with you Shuggy, I feel your pain

darn day job!