Worlds most versatile & efficient tow vehicle.

Sterling Doc

It gets 15mg towing at 75MPH, you can sleep in it, eat in it with the table up, and haul 6 rugrats during the week Plenty of room for the EZ-up, tools, and a weekends worth of gear in the dual level trunk.

Well after 8 years, and 111,xxx miles in the family, our beloved EV is up FS. A family friend has made me an offer on a younger one I can't pass up, so here goes.

2000 Eurovan MV VR6 with rear-facing seats, flip up table, rear seat that folds into a bed, OEM curtains, etc.

Sunroof (no leaks), dual-zone climate control , heated seats, Bilstein shocks, a variety of wheel & tire options.

The van has been in our family since new, waxed twice a year, had the oil changed every 3K, transmission fluid changed every 30K. New AC compressor, radiator fans, & coils recently. The wheels and tires pictured have less than 1K miles, and are the correct 100 load rating. It's not perfect, there a few small dings and scratches (touched up), and the brake pad wear indicator light is stuck on since the last pad replacement, but everything else works, and has been maintained lovingly to the highest standard throughout it vacation-filled life. No rust. Many, many road miles throughout Canada, and the Western U.S. It is rated to tow 4,500 pounds, with a 10,000 lb. GCVWR, and is geared to make this feasible. I have towed my 4,000lb 944 Spec car & trailer without trouble. Also it easliy fits 3 child seat, or 3 adults across the back seat. Try those things with your minivan!

$9400 with OEM wheels & tires, $9,900 with the set pictured. Used, but serviceable OEM snow tires & wheels included.

291687621_ZSPWb-L.jpg

291687268_7DwPG-L.jpg

291685989_kQF4S-L.jpg

291689295_bRDa5-L.jpg

291689660_LNi2j-L.jpg

291688971_jNUcP-L.jpg

291688306_9RfHz-L.jpg

291688641_m6FNH-L.jpg

291686435_fkCFo-L.jpg

I am very interested in this, however I am very worried about towing a similar car w/ open air trailer with such a small motor. Can you go into more detail on how it tows with your 944? Was this your normal tow rig? I'm not so concerned about how many miles you towed with it.... more along the lines of how up to the job you thought the VW was.

Any chance your looking for a adult owned, maintained and driven SVT Lightning? I am hoping to unload my beloved truck. With the resulting money I am looking for a van-based tow vechile that can tow an enclosed trailer (which I hope to also purchase with the money from the Lightning sale).

It's built to be a european style truck - beefy enough to have a nearly 3/4 ton payload, with a stump-puller 1st gear to get everything going, and short gearing to keep the motor near it peak torque. You'll have to plan on ramps ans pasing carefully, as it does not have much left at speed. It's geared so that it's at it's torque peak at about 70MPH, so it tows well there. Towing into the 30+ MPH headwind going to Gateway slowed me down to 60 to 65 at times, but otherwise it's gets it done surprisingly well. That said, an enclosed trailer is beyond it's abilities, IMO. Too much aero drag. It towed my spec car and 4K boat without trouble, but those have a lot less drag than an enclosed trailer.

I'll throw my $.02 in on this one since I tow with a van as well. If you want to tow an enclosed, you'll be looking at something with at least the 6.0L Chevy or 5.4L Ford motor (or whatever Dodge makes).

I've got a Ford E-150 with the 4.6L and 3.55 gear towing package and it makes due with a 18' open Featherlite and a 2700lb AI car but you have to watch how you load the car and back of the van plus watch for hills. Running the hills to Iowa Speedway last year I'd be at 75 at the bottom and drop to about 65 at the top with my foot in it.

• 5 weeks later...

I would think a small enclosed trailer would do well behind a van. This is an interesting option for a tow vehicle that I hadn't considered. Too bad it's out of my price range.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will vouge for this van as a capable tow vehicle. I tow with a 2002 GMC with a 6.0L and Eric had no problem keeping up with us towing to Mid-O last year. Nor did it have any issues towing to and from St. Louis earlier this year. I am not a big fan of the bread box but to each his own