Time Trial license

TreyDM

Hey guys I'm new to nasa and was needed info on "how to" get a time trial license.

I have participated in HPDE events with other organizations (scca,...). I was wondering if I needed a log book or anything like that to receive credit for the nasa held HPDE events which ultimalty lead to a license. Unfortunatly I have emailed and been trying to call the national office, but have received no email responses or can get anyone to answer the phone.

Thanks guys

Trey Williams

Welcome, Trey!

How to get a TT license... complete 4+ weekends in NASA HPDE3 or HPDE4 (i.e. non-instructed, passing in corners) then request a check ride from your region's TT director. You will need to list these events on the TT license application and they will be checked, as will the reference you list on there (see http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-forms/Time-Trial-License.pdf ).

If you pass the check ride you get a provisional TT license. Complete one weekend without incident on the provisional and the form gets signed again and returned to you. You then send it out west and have the TT hard card issued, which is good in any region.

Hope it helps,

Jon