pmcrespo

Buttonwillow

Shawn M.
es Dad!...lol

If you go 4 off your buying me lunch!! (easy money!)

JOECAT

Pablo yes it is ! When i started racing in IMSA in 1972 most of the cars i drove thruout the years were lower

HP cars PORSCHES, MAZDAS. I did get to drive some turbo cars with around the same HP as the BUICK but

to have that big V8 power is fun. I'd like to thank Shawn for putting me in his car.

THANKS, JOE

orionbbs
Joe... IMSA Buick is so famous!

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/grassroots_motorsports/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

24hrs of Lemans? I wish 24hr of Daytona, and 12hr Sebring both in 1987

Should be fun at Buttonwillow -- and we'll have cameras in the car again -- don't forget they are there this time joe!

shaun (the owner and occasional driver )

pmcrespo

Very, very kool Shaun...!

LOL.... Cameras...? What cameras....

JOECAT

Well you guys won't let me live this one down ! I even had to turn them on

Shawn M.
Well you guys won't let me live this one down ! I even had to turn them on

Good thing that you absolutely can drive or I wouldnt even talk to you anymore. LOL!!

See you in 2 weeks bruddah!!

pmcrespo

Shaun... I am certain it is just that the video cameras are so advanced and technologically developed that they are very, very small, barely visible. It can happen to any of us! Right!?

Ok... I'll stop now... Joe is the only one that has offered some coaching help for me on Friday.....! He is going to tell me to go to H _ _ L if I don't stop messing around....

Shawn M.

Naw, Joe is a good guy with a good sense of humor!

He will just make fun of your cars color.....!

JOECAT

Shawn, glad your coming up i'll buy you dinner sat. nite and maybe even have a band play just for you. Bring

your wife i want to see ya dance P.S. Pablo who ?

Joe

Shawn M.
Shawn, glad your coming up i'll buy you dinner sat. nite and maybe even have a band play just for you. Bring

your wife i want to see ya dance P.S. Pablo who ?

Joe

Bah!

If you get me drunk enough ill dance! Buuuuuut I dont drink on race weekends.....

Pablo? Isnt he going to be our cumber bun wearing server at dinner??

Gian Bowles

Hey, it was only 3 and a half...lol

roadracetransam

naaa, it was only 2 off, the back 2.

Shawn M.

Yeah yeah, it was only 2 off.... at a time!!!

Gian Bowles

Yeah yeah, it was only 2 off.... at a time!!!

And that was on the out side of Talladega no less, now that takes a special talent.. Now you know why I wear a helmet on and off the track.

pmcrespo

Aloha!

I finally made it back to Philly last Thursday around Midnight. Did stop in Vegas, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon West Skywalk on my way back. Then got delayed with a snow storm (crazy talk) in Colorado at about 9,000 ft, followed by three serious storm cells and 2 tornadoes touching down around us in Kansas.

I sincerely thank everyone for making the UTCC weekend at Buttonwillow a truly memorable experience with absolutely awesome racing, partying, and camaraderie. From the moment I pulled in on Thursday evening, I was welcomed by Joe, his son, and his group with great big smiles and tons of support. Same for Benny with the Honda Challenge guys, and others that stopped by the garage to say hi and offer help and advice. I felt at home before I had even finished unloading. Shaun and the crew with the two Buicks where incredible support. Thanks for lending me a few tools so I could survive my alignment problems and nurse my head gasket through Sunday.

Kudos to the administration at Buttonwillow for helping this imported rookie racer through open practice on Friday and for maintaining a very nice track and excellent facilities.

Sincere thanks to Ryan, Shawn, and the entire NASA Southern California team for an awesome event including the super successful Enduro, the live music, and massive amounts of lawn mower engine powered high octane extra leaded margaritas all night long.

Needless to say, UTCC Sunday was filled with greatness all around. From the people and the cars competing, to the staff, track officials, and everyone in between. First class across the board. It was a true pleasure to have Scott and Dave from Grassroots Motorsports Magazine, as well as Rob from CarDomain Network, and many others representing sponsors and supporters of this year's UTCC.

Please know you have new NASA Southern California fan and good friend up in NASA Northeast. I certainly look forward to see you again soon (hopefully some place geographically neutral ).

Cheers!

Shawn M.
Aloha!

Congrats, glad you made it home safe and sound! Pleasure meeting you!

JOECAT

ALOHO ? Pablo you made a wrong turn when you left the track didn't you see the water ! Oh but wait there's no slots, dams, skywalks or snow on the way to the islands. Glad you made it home ok see ya next time. Joe

ExRacer

Pablo it's Maddog and your car was just geogeous! The long trip and your open approach to our event was refreshing! Thanks for showing what NASA means and any time you can make it out I would love to hook you up with the 944 racer group or anything that NASA can provide.

True NASA/Grassroots spirit!

MD out

pmcrespo

Wazz up Homies! I got dizzy looking down the canyon.... and I thought I was looking at the Atlantic.. when I then saw the La Jolla sign! Whot.. LOL

Maddogster...! Big daddy... I appreciate you guys liking the ride... I do what I can... it was absolutely awesome hanging with the West Coasters... you guys (and gals) rock... It was super, and definitely will do it again.... hopefully with a little more time to stay a bit longer and maybe do a couple weekend events at a few different tracks if business commitments ever slow down a bit... 944 Racer Group!? Forget THAT! You guys are way too fast and would be kicking my butt up and down the tracks! LOL.. would love to join you some day... 944 racers rule...!

The 68 may have ended up taking 3rd in class at the UTCC... I am pretty excited about it. BUT next time... I am leaving nothing on the table ! I am bringing a set of sticker R6s and an extra head gasket! LOL! 3/4 of a second between 1st and 3rd... awesome competition...

I actually have been working my butt off 20 hour days 7 days a week on a proposal due in teh next few days. Will be flying to HI on Sat and not coming back til late July so I am kind of grounded and can't go play...

When are you peeps coming East? Joe - You can bring that Audi out here... we'll sorted out for you...

JOECAT

SEND A CHECK AND I'LL SHIP THE AUDI TO YA !