ELumaboard illuminated number boards!

kingrat

I have been working on a new product for night endurance racing....

"ELumaboard" is an electroluminesent vinyl number board.

Anyone who watched Le Mans would have seen similar number boards in action. Effectively its paper thin vinyl that illuminates brightly when a current is applied. The vehicle number shows up extremely well in dark conditions allowing for easy identificiation.

It took me a while to find a supplier and get the specifications right. The first system was tested at Nelson Ledges where we discovered some minor flaws and worked out the final specifications. It was well received by timing and scoring.

If anyone is interested please contact me as Id like to start sizing and pricing and to find out where the night races are happening in the next 12 months.

please email me at [email protected] if you are interested or want more infomation

ALex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

KING RAT MOTORSPORTS LLC

[email protected]

(540) 955 9696

http://www.kingratmotorsports.com

Hypercoils---Comptech----SafeQuip

Porsche 944 and Honda/Acura

--------------------------------------

thanks for all the interest I wil be posting pics as soon as we finish up the final boards. I'll contact everyone then. who has expressed an interest.

Regards

King RAT

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never thought productizing something could take so long but FINALLY I we have Elumaboard available for purchase. Here are some product details. Im hoping to get some decent pictures soon up on our website.

Please feel free to call or email if you have questions.

Alex "King RAT" Ratcliffe

we have two sizes of boards available:

A3 size (12 inches by 17 inches)

A4 size (8.5 inches by 12 inches)

We have finished and unfinished kits, the finished is made up like a regular number board with a border (makes the board 2 inches bigger all round). They can be attached just like vinyl. Only the larger boards can have a GCR size compliant number on them (10 inch by 1.5 stroke) unless using single digits., the smaller ones aren't big enough for a GCR compliant number. The board is a greenish/white color when not lit and lights up brilliant green that is very visible at night and in low light conditions. It uses a 12 volt inverter that can be wired directly into the vehicle charging/light system. the boards are waterproof and have been tested at the VIR 13 hour and EMRA 4 hours last year.

unfinished kits are just the raw board that can be made up into number boards or just used inside the windows etc.

The pricing is as follows:

Single Finished A3 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $199.00

Double Finished A3 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $353.00

Single Finished A4 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $116.00

Double Finished A4 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $189.00

Single unfinished A3 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $122.00

Double unfinished A3 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $223.00

Single unfinished A4 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $68.00

Double unfinished A4 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $115.00

Options

--------

extra number kits 0-9 $16.11

extra inverter $9.90

4ft EZ connector wire $7.65

Thanks Alex!

Sent you an email...

BTW is the pricing correct on your post?? (see bolded items)

Single Finished A3 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $199.00

Double Finished A3 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $353.00

Single Finished A4 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $116.00

Double Finished A4 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $189.00

Single unfinished A3 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $122.00

Double unfinished A3 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $223.00

Single unfinished A4 board with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number of your choice $68.00

Double unfinished A4 board(s) with wiring/inverter and the 2 digit black vinyl number(s) of your choice $115.00

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...