rscheiring

Status of Mark S.?

rscheiring

Does anyone know of Mark's status (after his off on Sunday at Putnam)? My heart fell when I saw it was his car on the flatbed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

RACER-X
Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Although I don't know him personally, my heart sank when the chopper came in, I knew it was bad then.

Well wishes and prayers for Mark and his family.

sarasig

Everyone,

I know there are a lot of questions about Mark, so I thought I would take a few minutes and provide an update.

Mark is doing well, considering. He's awake and talking (and joking) and he even got up today and walked!! So now we know his head injury isn't too severe. Like a truly devoted "car guy" one of the first things he said, after "What happened?" was "How's Esther?" For those of you who don't know, Esther is his car. The 90 Audi Coupe Quattro that he has spent the last 6+ years, countless hours and $$ working on and building into the custom machine that he had out on the track on Sunday.

He still can't remember anything about Sunday morning. And he's upset that he has no in-car video to show off. But thanks to all of his safety gear, he has no fractures or other injuries. It's really a testiment to the importance of the Hans, helmet, cage and harnesses. Without all of them, I am certain this would be a completely different message.

I want to send a HUGE "Thank you" to all of the corner workers, ambulance teams, and safety team (that means you Joe! ) who got Mark out of his car and ready for his flight. It was your quick response that really helped us get the outcome we have today. I am so grateful to each and every one of you.

We are thankful for all of the thoughts and prayers from our NASA family.

Keep them up!

We hope to see you all soon!

carbone

Thank God! I'm sure that every one of us has been waiting for this good news.

Best wishesand prayers

David

philstireservice

Sara,

This is such wonderful news !!!

Kim and I said a prayer immediately after hearing about the accident. I'm so glad "he" was listening.

We too love our NASA family and are very proud of the emergency personal who take care of us !!

Tell Mark we're thinking about him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Phil & Kim

RACER-X

That's GREAT!! It's a relief to know and thanks for the update.

Sterling Doc

Thanks for the update, Sara. After all the uncertainty, it's a huge relief to hear that he talking and making sense, even if his priorities are still a bit skewed You both are in Linda & I's prayers.

avgjoe

Great to hear Mark is doing well! Speedy recovery to both of you I hope.

Thanks to Dave R. for insisting on having the right people at the track for these types of situations. Dave and his team spend numerous hours behind the scenes getting all the little dirty stuff done so we can have fun and be back for the next event.

Joe

Boxer12

That's great news. I couldn't sleep last night worried about him, and I don't even know either of you. Best wishes and speedy recovery. Let us know if we can help in any way. Jim

sleeperlove

Fantastic news!

My heart sank when the chopper flew in. Its great to hear it was largely precautionary. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

racingmickey

Sara

Thank you so much for the update on Mark. I'm so happy that everthing is going to work out for the both of you. Please tell Mark I'm thinking about him and hoping for a fast recovery for him. It's a GREAT relief knowing Mark is up and walking around.

My prayers will be with you both

Jeff D

Sara, thanks so much for taking the time to update us on Mark's condition. It's great to know he's up and worried about the car - that sounds normal for a racecar driver!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both for Mark's fast recovery.

John Graber

That is AWESOME news!

Our heads were hung low the rest of the day, praying for the both of you. I have to say we couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Sounds like you had the best available safety equipment and it did it's job. Thanks for letting everyone know his status and you two take care.

John

P.S. I owe you guys a trailer tongue lock, sorry about the sledge hammer.

FastSaleen

It is great to hear that Mark is doing well. After the drive home Sunday, I couldn't fall asleep even though I was dead tired. Thank you Sara for such great words about our safety team. Joe and I both were concerned all of Sunday and spent a lot of time on the phone with each other while we were driving home.

My prayers are with both of you and for Mark's continued recovery.

ffspecracer

What a great post to wake up to this morning!!!!!

It was a difficult day on Sunday to say the least. During the race, everytime through turn 5, Mark was with me. I had many calls Monday asking about Mark. Today I can return those calls with good news.

Godspeed!

dodgeneon98racer

Im am so glad to hear that Mark is doing well.

To me, drivers are like family. Although I am new to the sport, everyone has welcomed me and made me feel important, even though Im only in HPDE 1. To see something happen to one of the group of people that have helped me so much really upset me.

I wish Mark a speedy recovery and if his family needs anything, please just ask.

bbyevo

Great news indeed! It's hard to go through this with any of our racing brothers and sisters, but even moreso when it's someone you know and work beside on a regular basis. Thank you for the update, and know that Nicole and I are thinking about you both.

rscheiring

Sara - thanks for letting us know. That is just wonderful news. Mark was in my comp. school class at Gateway. I hope you are doing ok, and please pass a big thumbs up on to Mark. If he needs a ride for a while, he is welcome to share mine.

Cheers, Rob

pushyandloose

That is great news, Sara.

All the best for a speedy recovery from the Pakistan Express team.

scottbm3

Mark & Sara,

That's Great News !! Glad to hear Mark is doing well and up and around. It sure was a long day on Sunday and this is an awesome outcome. Having all the right safety gear is a must, as well as having a great safety team at the track. Look forward to seeing you both soon. Let me know if you need anything.

-Scott B.

vwmann1

Mark and Sara

I can't even begin to tell you how greatful Robyn and I were to hear everyone is doing well. The whole VFC crew wishes Mark a speedy recovery.

pat slattery

Glad to hear that your on your way to a speedy recovery.

Pat Slattery

vpnwiz

Thanks for the update. We were on grid when it happened... the chopper had us very worried. Glad to hear he is doing better.

Patrick

GTS

Pray does work.....smiles all around.

Be safe,

Paul

katspeed

Sara and Mark,

We are very relieved to hear that Mark is doing better.

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

If you guys need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kathi, Jeff, Kara and Lisa