Let the nationals talk begin now with 5 questions..

Red Tornado

Top 5 Unanswered Questions for 2008 Nationals (please cast your response)

(Clearly some of these are salt in wound but just meant as spirited fun) Hopefully a year has given all wounds a chance to heal.

1) Will someone outside of the midwest get a podium spot in 2008?

2) Can Jay do the 3 beat considering he is busy selling hawk pads and not racing ?

3) Will the potential AIX winner pull in the pits 1 lap before white flag?

4) Will the #137 car (poor Mr. Luna) actually finish the race that matters?

5) Whom do you pick as podium in AI and AIX?

This should get some trash talking going early. For those who don't get these then come join us in 2008 and share in the fun times.

1) Will someone outside of the midwest get a podium spot in 2008?

Yep - Texas.

2) Can Jay do the 3 beat considering he is busy selling hawk pads and not racing ?

I thought he retired.

4) Will the #137 car (poor Mr. Luna) actually finish the race that matters?

3rd time is a charm. Unless he's needed for exterminator duty again.

5) Whom do you pick as podium in AI and AIX?

Two TX drivers will claim podium spots in AI. Provided they both make it.

You guys don't rule out my boy Tommy Schlender.

He's destroyed the PMP track record in his revamped

LS1 powered chicken....

Any more bad "ju Ju" about "poor Mr Luna" and the number 4 question will result in me sabotaging your car and taking your parts to put in my car so it WILL be reliable. Hey, winning Friday and a good second on Saturday matters. Ok, only to me, not to anyone else, but I did have a blast running side by side, bumper to bumper with Jay on Saturday. It made for nice pictures too, far better than the ones with me smoking on Sunday.......

I spent all winter strengthening up the chassis and working on the motor program. Guess what though. My engine guy has had my engine since December and is STILL waiting on parts. Not sounding too reliable. I'm going to weld in the PCV valve though so that won't be a worry.

1) Yes. I think someone out of this region will be a top three car. I'm not saying who though as to not jinx anyone.

2) Never ever count out Jay no matter how busy he is, or what he's driving. That would be foolish.

3)What potential winner are you referring to? I can think of three.

4) I will finish this stinking race if I have to get out and walk the dam course. Maybe I should bring a separate car to leave in the pits just in case....

5)I'm not going to speculate, but the top drivers from last year will be in the top 5 again this year. I just think that the top 10 will be a lot closer than even last year with some new blood breaking into some seriously fast lap times.

With last year's record at a 1:35.9 and the recent rule changes, I predict to see the record fall this year to a low 1:35 or high 1:34.

Who's going?

What rule changes helped so much to improve track records by 1 second??

Didn't you hear? Fords have been restricted to 11:1 HP:weight and GMs are now 8:1 HP:weight.

You guys don't rule out my boy Tommy Schlender.

He's destroyed the PMP track record in his revamped

LS1 powered chicken....

Time to turn the podium into a chicken coup...

I will be there, would not miss it...

The car ready... cooling issues have been fixed, braking issues have been fixed.

DD

ok...so, if you don't pony up the $100 plus for a paved paddock space, where do you end up?

The budget gets tighter with every increase in fuel prices. I have to decide by the end of the month.

I will be there, would not miss it...

The car ready... cooling issues have been fixed, braking issues have been fixed.

DD

I'm out. There is just no way to swing it financially so it's up to you and Team Downunder.

What rule changes helped so much to improve track records by 1 second??

Didn't you hear? Fords have been restricted to 11:1 HP:weight and GMs are now 8:1 HP:weight.

Time to turn the podium into a chicken coup...

Is that what it would take for a GM to win over a Ford? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The only rule CHANGE that will make the cars quicker is the larger brakes/wheel rule, and the wider stance for the S197. I've always felt that ultimately the S197 cars will start to show the advantage they have over the SN-95 and the fox body cars. Better weight distribution, track, width, suspension options, etc. I shouldn't have worded it "rule change", I should have worded it something like the combination rule change and getting the chassis' sorted out.... or something like that. My bad.

So who is running the big brake 18inch combo?? I haven't heard of anyone yet or seen it.

It's like an urban legend like Mikey died from eating pop rocks and drinking coke.

I am hoping a better change in rear gear and more appropriate alignment will help my times.

So who is running the big brake 18inch combo?? I haven't heard of anyone yet or seen it.

It's like an urban legend like Mikey died from eating pop rocks and drinking coke.

I am hoping a better change in rear gear and more appropriate alignment will help my times.

Don't change a thing. All you need is that #37 that you "stole" from me.

You sat in the paddock next to one last weekend. Though I am still on 17" wheels. I am using the Brembo 14" kit on the car.

Of course I am not fast enough to impress you....yet

But Rob your good looks and boyish charm have turned others into jello.

Ok, really need to get those 14inch brakes working now.

But Rob your good looks and boyish charm have turned others into jello.

Ok, really need to get those 14inch brakes working now.

You are going to need more than that my friend. I'm now registered as number 0037. Now if I can get a motor in the car........

Are you like James Bond but farther down the list 0037?

I feel your pain with the engine piece. I missed enough to be completely out of season championship race before I got back to the track.

Are you like James Bond but farther down the list 0037?

I feel your pain with the engine piece. I missed enough to be completely out of season championship race before I got back to the track.

Exactly.

Right now, I'm throwing in an old 302 with 65K miles on it just to get the car out. (aluminum heads of course)I'm very confident that when/if my motor is done, it will be reliable. The guy building it has earned my trust and respect from talking with him, seeing his work, and seeing results from race car engines he's built. He's just not ever on time...... Anyone that has had an engine builder on time, or a body guy follow his estimate, raise your hand. Exactly.

So the Midwest is taking the Nationals crown again? Damn. I thought Texas would have more wammy cars they could bring. I know there are some fast cars in the West that haven't even hit the track this year. I'm still waiting for V., Ross and Gary to make it out in '08 - we could sell T.V. time for that!

So the Midwest is taking the Nationals crown again? Damn. I thought Texas would have more wammy cars they could bring. I know there are some fast cars in the West that haven't even hit the track this year. I'm still waiting for V., Ross and Gary to make it out in '08 - we could sell T.V. time for that!

Hey Pat!

Are you bring out the "Musvette out this year?

Pat,

Ross actually came to Willow with his new S197, barely finished

So the game is on

SAY WHAT?!?!?! We need some pics of that thing! How'd it look?

Mark, unfortunately the "Mustang SS" is parked for the majority of the season due to scheduling conflicts. Also, we're trying to figure out how to get the Ford back in, but the whole "distributor on the wrong end" keeps hanging us up. Guess we'll have to stick with the Cheby; or just lay off the beer.

Pat,

Ross car was in a very early stage of testing, missing rear window and dash and a few other things.

He is gearing up for Mid-Ohio

Are you going to make the Championships? you have some unfinished business there if I remember right

Pat,

Ross actually came to Willow with his new S197, barely finished

So the game is on

SAY WHAT?!?!?! We need some pics of that thing! How'd it look?

Mark, unfortunately the "Mustang SS" is parked for the majority of the season due to scheduling conflicts. Also, we're trying to figure out how to get the Ford back in, but the whole "distributor on the wrong end" keeps hanging us up. Guess we'll have to stick with the Cheby; or just lay off the beer.

Sorry to hear about the SS, but I look forward to seeing you run in the "other" series. I always root for you!

• 2 weeks later...