Qualifying procedure....

Falcon

Jim, there is alot more to this discussion than FCY or Green for Qualifying

Jim was caught up doing other things and joined this discussion late....

You got that right! Luckily I am only 50 emails behind at the moment*, I get nervous when I get over 100 unread emails in my inbox!

If T&S says that they can do it and Grid is ok with it then it's fine with me... I would say that everyone should grid based on their practice times and anyone who gets to grid in the last 5 mins has to take whatever slots are left.

Food for thought: If we have a full field of cars and everyone goes out to qualify and everyone is affected by traffic and yet everyone pretty much ends up in the same position on grid for the race relative to their average speed/laptimes then does it matter whether you got clean laps in qualifying?

*I am hoping to get caught up sometime around September!

Jim, in your example everyone might be affected, but with practice times determining qual grid position, it eliminates the frantic queing up 3 sessions in advance to get a grid position for qualifying.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tripedee

• Fred Crawford

• kbrew8991

• robbodleimages

Fred Crawford

At RR last weekend, I swear I got to qualifying so early I saw the seasons change

Fc

Merry Christmas

tripedee

This is what I love about NASA-SE! An issue is discussed and an attempt at resolution is suggested (Fred), discussed at length, and approved (Jim)...all in a week!

That's why NASA SE is the best!!!

robbodleimages
At RR last weekend, I swear I got to qualifying so early I saw the seasons change

Fc

Merry Christmas

I think someone is missing out on a marketing opportunity. A hot dog or popcorn vender to service the qualifying que. Eh?

robbodleimages

Pepsi of New Bern has loaded me up with Gatorade G2 and Propel this summer. You are invited to stop by the #05 paddock and grab a cold one anytime.