Get ready for the rules at BMP

FandangoDrew

FandangoDrew

After all the talk about RRR we are now heading to BMP where the strict rules of the owner are enforced but an unlimited number of minions that I will say have a very nice attitude about them. Some things to think about:

The cars that were smoking in lightning - you will probably be quickly black-flagged at BMP

Any of you who's girls tend to leak even the slightest amount will probably be quickly black-flagged at BMP

(I was once black flagged for a small leak from my cool shirt cooler)

Those of us close to or over sound at RRR will be in trouble at BMP , at BMP they move the sound reader around between seasons so simply pointing pipe to the inside like at RRR may not work in fact it might make you louder. I personally am not sure what I am going to do with the M3, the add on pipes are as ugly/quiet as I can make them now without going back to the stock pipes.

As far as all that has been said about the rules and the attitudes of the rule enforcers at RRR and BMP I have to say that I am still grateful to be able to run at these tracks and I have had amazing times at each. I think we should all be thankful to Jim and Julie (and the NASA staff) for their great ability to act as a go-between (buffer-zone) between us racers and all our weirdnessess and the track people and their weirdnessess.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob O

• 1LapSRT

• jason

• Jim P.

Top Posters In This Topic

Offer the guards a beer and the will leave you alone. I've also been known to party with the flaggers after the race, not only are they a great group of people, but they told me that they will black flag any GTS3 cars in front of me at the end of the race

Tim

BMP, local and track junkie

FandangoDrew
Offer the guards a beer and the will leave you alone. I've also been known to party with the flaggers after the race, not only are they a great group of people, but they told me that they will black flag any GTS3 cars in front of me at the end of the race

Tim

BMP, local and track junkie

Now Tim be careful here Fandango Racing has had a special relationship with the flaggers at BMP - they are GOOD PEOPLE ! Eric and his gang are one of the best parts of going to BMP.

FandangoDrew
I think we all just liked that black car you brought a few years ago.

And I always thought it was my winning personality

My red camaro was smoking, and leaking a bit. They talked to me about it, and let me continue running when I assured them that the oil was burning, not leaking on the track. The car also had a bit of an oil leak. They showed up in the paddock. Didn't give me a problem, just said they heard the car was leaking, and they threw some pads under the car to soak up the oil, along with some oil dry, and asked me to park in the same spot next time, to contain the leak.

Much more professional response than you would receive at Roebling, where you need special people skills to stay on the good side of the mgmt.

Tim

dbright007

From a DE perspective - I know NASA allows us short sleeves at most events.

Do I recall that last year long sleeves were required?

Not a big deal, but someone asked and I couldn't recall or find last years supps.

Not a big deal, but someone asked and I couldn't recall or find last years supps.

I was at Barber this past weekend with BMWCCA (DE) and we were allowed short sleeves. Not sure what NASA will do with the DE, but Barber does allow it.

Any know if a charcoal grille is ok at Barber?

mpowers

gotta eat

I heard they were OK as long as you weren't flipping burgers while you were driving.... You need to pit if the burgers need flippin'!

dwind

hungry!

mpowers

gotta eat

I heard they were OK as long as you weren't flipping burgers while you were driving.... You need to pit if the burgers need flippin'!

dwind

hungry!

You know we could always have a roast run during the enduro, cooking a roast as you race on your manifold. Extra points given to the team with the best tasting meal

mpowers

making myself hungry-r

mpowers

gotta eat

dwind

hungry!

You know we could always have a roast run during the enduro, cooking a roast as you race on your manifold. Extra points given to the team with the best tasting meal

mpowers

making myself hungry-r

So are you saying that there is no lake house in AL?

[quote name="1LapSRT

dwind

hungry!

You know we could always have a roast run during the enduro' date=' cooking a roast as you race on your manifold. Extra points given to the team with the best tasting meal

mpowers

making myself hungry-r[/quote]

So are you saying that there is no lake house in AL?

No, but we did look for one or something like that and had no luck. Sad to say we are stuck in a hotel this time.

Look for the lake house for RA though.

mpowers

party host

Lucid Moments

My understanding is that a charcoal grill is okay if you are in the camping area, but not in the paddock. Gas grill is okay in the paddock though.

seems like i remember something dumb like that last year but if BMP is ok then nasa will be also

nevit #11

mpowers

gotta eat

Charcoal no, gas yes.

Even Fred should have learned by this year...

• Members

I need to stress that there is no parallel or angle parking in the paddock, they insisted that everyone park at 90* angles to the edges of the paddock.

More to come as we work out the details...

Here is a good question, do we have to purchase tickets to get in? I see on the website they are charging 25 dollars a pop!

With a crew of 2 driver and 3 crew that would jump up to 125 bucks, but I remember something from last year about this but don't recall it.

mpowers