Get ready for the rules at BMP

FandangoDrew

ZoomZoom8

This is just based on my experience with PBOC this year and last.....However, I'm not sure on NASA rules for it.

We had gas grills everywhere in the paddock a month or so ago. Hell, some teams even had catering crews doing ribs and such. Folks drove in short sleeve shirts as well. We found that if you can hook up with the officials (read: offer them a beer or food) they are generally OK with stuff as long as 1) you clean up after yourself (NO GLASS BOTTLES), 2) it doesn't harm the park in any way. Just use common sense, and generally they are OK. Trust me, if you screw up, they will be there in gestapo style groups to let you know.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob O

• 1LapSRT

• jason

• Jim P.

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All NASA drivers and crew will get wristbands to get in for free, but registration outside the gate will close at 8am Saturday, so anyone arriving after 8am Saturday will have to pay the gate fee.

robbodleimages
.....but I remember something from last year about this but don't recall it.

mpowers

Have you been talking with Bill Clinton's lawyers again?

.....but I remember something from last year about this but don't recall it.

mpowers

Have you been talking with Bill Clinton's lawyers again?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.....

mpowers

Got a cigar?

I need to stress that there is no parallel or angle parking in the paddock, they insisted that everyone park at 90* angles to the edges of the paddock.

What if you are parked at a corner?

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/supps.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Supps are up.....I swear these were not their this morning.

mpowers

answered a few more question

I did not know I had.

edit: btw make sure you read the last page!

• Members
Pardon me for being ignorant but how do I put someone on my crew??

Have them come to the registration window and say they are on your crew... but registration is only open until 8am saturday - then they are on their own.

All NASA drivers and crew will get wristbands to get in for free, but registration outside the gate will close at 8am Saturday, so anyone arriving after 8am Saturday will have to pay the gate fee.

What about ariving late Friday night? How late will the gates be open and how late can we get the wristband?

Last year. if I'm remembering right, they closed at 10pm. Some folks tried to get in late and ended up sleeping outside.

Lucid Moments
Last year. if I'm remembering right, they closed at 10pm. Some folks tried to get in late and ended up sleeping outside.

No, trust me they weren't open until 10. Last year they stayed open until 9pm when the schedule only called for them to stay open until 8. Trust me, I got there at 9:01 as they were walking out the door. Not blaming them BTW, they stayed past when they were supposed to so I've got no room to gripe. (won't really stop me though )

My memory isn't very good, thanks Mike. At least I remembered that you got locked out.

Mike - How's the car doing?

Rob - come early and hang out

Lucid Moments
My memory isn't very good, thanks Mike. At least I remembered that you got locked out.

Car sucks. Blew up the motor at CMP in Feb. Got a new one built, sleeved block, forged pistons and rods the whole 9 yards, and that fucker blew up on the dyno. Its killing me.

Fred Crawford

Car sucks. Blew up the motor at CMP in Feb. Got a new one built, sleeved block, forged pistons and rods the whole 9 yards, and that foo-fiddily-diddily blew up on the dyno. Its killing me.

DANG............ better get someone else to build one.....

Fc

.... Its killing me.

Fc

Fred has experience with 944 engines....

Lucid Moments
.... Its killing me.

Fc

Fred has experience with 944 engines....

Hmmmm.......

Actually I do have someone different building this one though.

Lucid Moments
Mike and Rob, are you guys camping again? I'm planning on it.

I don't know if I'm going to make it or not. I know I won't be driving. I may ride out just for the day on Saturday, but in that case I'll be going back home Saturday night.

bluesmini

well either way, i'll take you for a ride. Maybe not the 85 mph ride you'd expect in a honda but i think you'd enjoy it.

well either way, i'll take you for a ride. Maybe not the 85 mph ride you'd expect in a honda but i think you'd enjoy it.

IF Fred offers you a ride make sure it is for the racetrack before you accept...

Fred Crawford

IF Fred offers you a ride make sure it is for the racetrack before you accept...

Giddy Up !!!!

Fc

Mr.Ed

what about parking a camper and a trailer in the DE section of the paddock? not mine, i am not that important, but just curious.