Get ready for the rules at BMP

FandangoDrew

• Members

Check the schedule for gate times, one thing to note is that you will not be able to get in the gate unless you have been to registration. If you arrive late you'll have to park in front and wait for registration to open in the morning. They will not allow anyone in after hours who doesn't already have a wristband.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob O

• 1LapSRT

• jason

• Jim P.

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the schedule for gate times, one thing to note is that you will not be able to get in the gate unless you have been to registration. If you arrive late you'll have to park in front and wait for registration to open in the morning. They will not allow anyone in after hours who doesn't already have a wristband.

that's the info I was looking for. :cheers:

Some HPDE questions:

So I saw somewhere in this thread that short sleeve shirts are fine, correct?

Can convertibles run top up?

Thanks,

Voytek Jarnot

S2000

• Members

Some HPDE answers:

So I saw somewhere in this thread that short sleeve shirts are fine, correct?

Yes, short sleeves and long pants.

Can convertibles run top up?

Yes, we'd prefer it that way, but both windows down.

• Members

Yes, it has been shown that in the event of a rollover the convertible top will help to contain the occupant's arms/extremities. This only applies to HPDE, racers w/arm restraints can run top down (topless?).

kbrew8991

I guess they looked at the counterpoint of being injured by the top supports in the same rollover... interesting

glad smarter people than me are investigating this not an easy call

snakebit

Would have been nice at CMP last feb! and maybe at RA this Dec....

I suppose we have the option up or down? Is this all of Nasa or just Barber?

dbright007

I suppose we have the option up or down?

Good question -

I have a nice sturdy aftermarket rollbar, but those flimsy top supports scare me. I even zip tie it down so it has no chance of coming up.

Would have been nice at CMP last feb! and maybe at RA this Dec....

I suppose we have the option up or down? Is this all of Nasa or just Barber?

I was at Putnum Park in May with Great Lakes region and they gave the S2000 drivers the option, top up or top down. My instructor has an S2000 so we were top down. Doesn't matter to me, I'm getting a cage with hard top as soon as I can save some coin.

heavychevy
We made some last minute minor adjustments -

barberpaddockmap.jpg

Um, dont mean to be a sourpuss, but how are we going to fit 160+ cars and setups in one part of the paddock (TT+ HPDE 1,2,3&4)? There arent even that many other people total to be spread out amongst the other sections.

That doesnt seem like it's going to work.

Fred Crawford
We made some last minute minor adjustments -

barberpaddockmap.jpg

Um, dont mean to be a sourpuss, but how are we going to fit 160+ cars and setups in one part of the paddock (TT+ HPDE 1,2,3&4)? There arent even that many other people total to be spread out amongst the other sections.

That doesnt seem like it's going to work.

Double Stack

Fc

heavychevy

Is the top level of the paddock going to be open? Or should I plan on getting a paddock spot at my hotel since I'm coming early on saturday.

edit:

Yikes, I didnt even count the instructors. That would be 190+ people IN ONE PART OF THE PADDOCK!!!!!!!!!!

Give or take a few that are racing and can grid elsewhere.

I'm no math whiz but the size of the one side of the mid portion of the paddock is not going to fit that many people.

Is the top level of the paddock going to be open? Or should I plan on getting a paddock spot at my hotel since I'm coming early on saturday.

edit:

Yikes, I didnt even count the instructors. That would be 190+ people IN ONE PART OF THE PADDOCK!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no math whiz but the size of the one side of the mid portion of the paddock is not going to fit that many people.

Don't double count..... all instructors are already listed in HPDE4 or TT.

heavychevy

edit:

Don't double count..... all instructors are already listed in HPDE4 or TT.

Oh ok, my bad, only a little under 170 cars then.

heavychevy
nobody follows the map, and overflow is allowed in the top levels.. it'll be fine

Ok, that's what I needed to know.