Get ready for the rules at BMP

FandangoDrew

And to return the favor, you took the track record in TTA?

For 2 hours, I was famous!

Then Jake made another run.

What did he run ?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob O

• 1LapSRT

• jason

• Jim P.

Top Posters In This Topic

On our 2nd session Sunday, Jake went 143.6 and I was 143.9. After that we both packed it up. Didn't figure we'd be going any faster at 3pm.

On our 2nd session Sunday, Jake went 143.6 and I was 143.9. After that we both packed it up. Didn't figure we'd be going any faster at 3pm.

Me too....ran a 1:42.7 at 8am and a 1:42.9 at 10:30. Then I spent 3 hours loading my truck and dodging heat stroke.

Yeah, changing tires and loading up was brutal.

Note to self: bring impact battery charger to any future 3 day events. That last tire swap is not the one you want to do the hard way.

Yeah, changing tires and loading up was brutal.

Note to self: bring impact battery charger to any future 3 day events. That last tire swap is not the one you want to do the hard way.

I'd have lent you my impact gun.... I wan't about to even try that in the heat....again. I bring 3 batteries and a charger to all event....you never know!

I did one tire swap on Saturday afternoon and that was more than enough for me this weekend.

We kept looking for you, but didn't figure it out until we heard about the rule change. If this happens again, try to find me before you hit the road, I probably would've let you drive my car.

WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY? Anyway, you had already gone to the hotel.

Congrats!! Comp license, now TTA. Good job.

I spoke to a guy who drove Friday, in his stock S2000, only to wake up Saturday to the new rules. Evidently because he went through tech early on Friday, he wasn't informed of the change for the weekend.

That was me and I felt quite screwed...

I definitely look forward to a ruling on whether hardtops with stock seats/belts will be allowed for the foreseeable future. I'd hate to go get a hardtop at a cost of almost $3000 and find out 6 months later that I still need a bar/seat/harness...

By the way, the ZOOM Motorsports people (I spoke to a lady who is high up in the track rental hierarchy) claim that this rule has been in place all year. Their point was that even though they may not have enforced the rule previously, it had been in NASA's contract...

Who knows, I expect the finger pointing, and I acknowledge that none of us looking at the situation from the outside in will ever know.

All that being said; Jim, any plans to address the convertible issue?

That was my question friday night. I had plenty of help around offering to help put harness's in a stock miata, but most of the advice was it is not safe with the stock seats.

It is one of those decisions you beat yourself up about, but in the end I heard "not safe" enough times to decide against it.

If there were people running harnesses on stock seats then Barber (ZOOM) swung the liability pendulum in the opposite direction than they intended.

The word I want to hope to hear from NASA is if hard tops with stock seats /belts on convertibles will be good for a while. Need to look at my options to keep the car runable at events.

Same here.

I learned a BIG leason this weekend and I will not take any more chances. I was going to build my car anyway, that's what I bought it for. It's not my daily driver. I should have paid atention to Drew's original post/thread. DOH.

Me too....ran a 1:42.7 at 8am and a 1:42.9 at 10:30. Then I spent 3 hours loading my truck and dodging heat stroke.

There was a third TTS this weekend - Clay Gregory and Dwight Gregory are not TTU...

SPICcnmGT

Congrats on getting to both of you on getting to 143, I never quite made it. 144.8 is still ok, at least I beat 145. Now I need to decide what to do with my 17-18 points so I can keep up with ya'll.

Congrats on getting to both of you on getting to 143, I never quite made it. 144.8 is still ok, at least I beat 145. Now I need to decide what to do with my 17-18 points so I can keep up with ya'll.

you are only 1 point into TTA?

SPICcnmGT
you are only 1 point into TTA?

one or two. I should actually be in TTB but i didn't feel like taking my pretty side skirts off since I'm not running for points, and that was my first TT event. I figured I'd just run TTA and worry about that next year.

There was a third TTS this weekend - Clay Gregory and Dwight Gregory are not TTU...

Are they both TTS cars? That would be 4 then...

dbright007
That was my question friday night. I had plenty of help around offering to help put harness's in a stock miata, but most of the advice was it is not safe with the stock seats.

It is one of those decisions you beat yourself up about, but in the end I heard "not safe" enough times to decide against it.

If there were people running harnesses on stock seats then Barber (ZOOM) swung the liability pendulum in the opposite direction than they intended.

The word I want to hope to hear from NASA is if hard tops with stock seats /belts on convertibles will be good for a while. Need to look at my options to keep the car runable at events.

Same here.

Perhaps there should be a thread just for the verts that addresses what we should expect? Or what Nasa knows at this point. I hate to start spending money and have it be in the wrong direction.

Barber was less than a 2 hr drive for me, but CMP is 4. That adds to the "don't want to go thru this again" feeling.

SPICcnmGT
RX7?

Yep

17pts? We're in trouble.

Nah, I know Barbers like the back of my hand, but the other tracks are a different story. I stay around here most of the time because I don't have a trailer, so you probably won't have to worry about me to much. But I am going to try to come to Road atl. in the fall.

...Nah, I know Barbers like the back of my hand, but the other tracks are a different story. I stay around here most of the time because I don't have a trailer, so you probably won't have to worry about me to much. But I am going to try to come to Road atl. in the fall.

Barber another Alan Wilson track ...he is in cahoots with brake pad manufacturers ...