Which ST Class

ViperRacer

I am looking at a Corvette..Weight Empty Fuel Tank / 200lb Driver is 3220 Lbs,

HP 498 = Hp/Weight Ration of 6.46 so is this ST2 or ST1?

you're forgetting all the credit/handicap factors though it probably doesn't have anything like tires under 275 width, non-DOT tires, sequential transmission, and the weight falls in a range with no credit/handicap

still ST1 (8.70 > 6.46 > 5.50) but room to drop a bit of weight or add some whp if you wanted to get closer to the limit

I could be persuaded to run some "what-ifs" to get you closer to the limit (say, if you keep it at 498whp whats the lightest it can weigh for ST1, or if you keep the weight the same whats the maximum WHP for ST1, etc)

It is currently ST-1 all the way. Putting a smaller motor in it would be the only way to change that.

498 RWHP is good for ST-1. Some have more, but that is about what I have been running with and LS-6 based engine.

I thought ST-2 would be stronger than ST-1 because of the high number of readily available T1 cars. Those cars fall strait into ST-2 with no mods. I think Jodi's car run both ST-2 and SCCA T1. In Texas ST-1 is stronger turnout wise becasue my drivers like the after market mods that are easy to come by.

~1.0lb/hp off the maximum for the class is still "good"?

you can get out there and have fun, but I wouldn't expect great results at Mid-O or anything is all

• 2 weeks later...
~1.0lb/hp off the maximum for the class is still "good"?

you can get out there and have fun, but I wouldn't expect great results at Mid-O or anything is all

I don't know in TTA the max was 8.7:1 I was at 9.4:1 or .7 off and no car was even close. Not only did I destroy the track record by almost 2 seconds I think 2nd place was .7 seconds off & I would have placed 2nd in TTS and 3rd in TTU.

My car was dynoed and weight at M-O and I had the worst HP: weight ratio of every Z06 in TTA, moral of the story being 1.0 off isn't the end of the world.

moral of the story being 1.0 off isn't the end of the world.

And that humility isn't required in this sport.

• 2 weeks later...
moral of the story being 1.0 off isn't the end of the world.

And that humility isn't required in this sport.

Humility has little to do with the price of tea in china, I'm just stating that if you are 1.0 off you can still be a contender, there is more to the equation than HP/weight, there set up, driver skill, luck, luck, who's rooting for you, how many babes are rooting for you in the stands, did you drink enough the night before, Hankooks, Hawk brake pads, Foster, team mate support or lack of and did I say Luck?

I could just say stay home you don't have a chance like some others, but you and I know that is hardly the case.

Just aserting some words of support.

BTW the car I'm looking to run at Nationals is off 1.0 hp/lb also, I guess we could run together in the rear.

Edited by Guest