Wanted: Starter track Car

UHSAE

I'm looking for a good track car to get some seat time in that I won't have to drive to work on Monday. Car can be ugly, but needs to be mechanically sound with a straight chassis. Needs to be street legal (or really close to it). I'd like to keep it RWD and nimble.

Cars in mind:

BMW E30

BMW E36

Miata

Rx7

If you've got a suggestion I'm glad to hear it.

I'd like to keep the budget for the car at or below $5000.

Thanks,

Phillip

Suggestion: might help to list your general location. In the meantime, I'll go out on a limb and say southeast Texas.

For a starter DE car it's tough to beat a 6cyl Mustang from your local rental agency.

Come to the NASAtx event at TMS on Aug, 2/3.

jb

• 2 weeks later...

Is your goal only to have something that you can go out and do HPDEs with, or are you looking to have something as a base for a W2W car?

Sorry it took so long to respond to my own thread.

I'm looking for a car that I can HPDE in for at least 2-3 more years. So it doesn't need to be based in popular racing groups, just needs to be well suited for the task. Sphynx I'm shooting you a PM right now.

Thanks for the replies.

Phillip

• 4 weeks later...

Check out my 2 Nissans!!!! I have 2 nissan 200s/x's,1980 and 1982,2.0 litre and 2.2 litre.TONS OF SPARES!!!!!I ran both of these cars in SCCA,IT-B andC4-A&B in World Carz.Several wins and many plaques.Now I race in AI. and they are just sitting.Cranked regularly but just sitting.SOMEBODY with a buddy that wants to go racing needs these cars.Very reliable and fun to drive!Where else can YOU get 2 Race-Cars and spares out the WAZOO for $5,000.00 O.B.O.???Just need newer belts, nets,tires,and gas!!Why risk all that money in TT and DE's? 2-CARS--JUST-$5,000.00.NormanP#77@404-550-9443 Spares include:Trannys,diffs,20-30wheels, brakepads,&complete parts car.-----O.B.O--O.B.O.---O.B.O.---for both and all spares!!!!! MAKE-AN-OFFER!!!!How about $4750.00???or $4500.00 or make me an offer!!!!!