Fees?

RS12Turbo

Hello all.....I went to my first NASA event this past weekend as a spectator to Barber Motorsports, and I really enjoyed it. As I sat there watching, I kept thinking to myself, "man that would be fun". When I got home I found the NASA website and started browsing around.

I am a total NOOB to the nasa world, and was curious about fees. To be a NASA member I read it was $44 per year. Are there other fees or is everything included in this? I know I will have to start out in "group one" with an instructor, which will be very useful.

Thanks for any info, as I am looking foward to getting started in this.

Well after your annual membership fees all you have to do is pay for entry into any events you want to go to....

That ranges on the brutal level of $289-$500+. I think the psychotic entry fee to Watkins Glenn is like $550 or something about that.

But other than that there isn't anything else I am aware of.

--Doug

don't check with Barber the track, you'll want to check with the hosting NASA region

Barber is covered by SE, and thats the only date they could get from them this year though there are many at tracks not too far from B-ham (namely 2 more at Road Atlanta, along with others a bit farther away).

Thanks Ken.....I'll do that. I did see that there is an event at Road Atlanta in Dec.....which will be nice, weather wise. I just moved from Norcal(Sacramento), and the heat here is about to kill me...lol

Not to detract from NASA but since you are local to Barber there are a few more track days there with other groups, PCA, PBOC, etc., if that is where you really want to run. Just check Barbers schedule and click on the links. I will say NASA does one of if not the best job of HPDE that I've ran with.