Trophies for Nationals

Clutchless Bastard

as long as its none of this "need 100 cars in class" crap like the tire companies do, it'd be a little bit of help

I gotta give props to Danny at Carbotech for how he handled Nationals last year. The original contingency for time trials called for something like 10 cars per class. He looked at the registration list, realized most time trials groups didn't have that many participants yet, and lowered it to something more reasonable like 6 cars per class. Classy move.

- Mark

PS - Maybe NASA should sell sponsorship of trophies? Then Ken can win a huge "TTF National Champion As Presented By Maaco" award.

which was kinda cool, they're definitely the front runner of what I'd qualify for as "good contingency", but we still needed 2 more cars for TTF... I'm doing all I can to recruit people from my region to go but one guy can only do so much

more 2006 trophies, if they're like 2007 I will be tempted to not even bother to pick it up

My wife recently participated in the Quad Cities Dancing with the Stars contest. She was asked to dance as one of the celebrities. (columnist for the Quad City Times). She worked very hard for six weeks practicing, probably spent $200 on dresses, shoes, etc. She won first place and deserved it. Here's her trophy.

DSC02282.JPG?imgmax=400

I've been driving for almost 14 years, have spent in the 6 figures on racing, and the trophy I usually get is the size of a coffee mug.

I'm not complaining, I just thought that the timing was ironic since she won this last night and we were talking about the quality of trophies.

Mark,

That looks iMpressive until everyone realizes your wife is only 6 inches tall.

5'2" 126 lb's thank you very much. Your ego is bigger and weighs more than that.

Biggest trophy I ever one was still when I used to drag race. Nationals had a amazing trophy and the picture with the bud light girls.....priceless

Still have that sucker framed and may ask to be buried with it.

Whelp...as Adam so vividly demonstrated...the National CMC Championship trophy is built. It's there for the taking...come and get it.

Next up...the National American Iron Championship trophy will be commisioned for the Texas champion of 2008. (I noticed all of our Texas AI entries are holding back registrations until the end. )

I encourage all the series leaders (racers, series directors and/or regional directors) from each region to create a "Borg Warner" series trophy of their own this year to celebrate their own National Champion from their region. (Respect those prior year champions as well, of course!)

With a little bit of regional coordination with the National office, I think it would be a huge contribution to the overall event.

Nationals should be like one big college intramural sporting event...regions coming together to see how many series championships they can go home with.

-=- Todd

PS- I've even heard some talk of regional racers pitching in to help their top season points leaders get to Nationals to "represent". This is the kind of stuff that makes NASA what it is. The trophies will always be just plastic & metal (even if they are 7 feet tall) if they don't have any heart & soul in them.

Edited by Guest

My wife recently participated in the Quad Cities Dancing with the Stars contest. She was asked to dance as one of the celebrities. (columnist for the Quad City Times). She worked very hard for six weeks practicing, probably spent $200 on dresses, shoes, etc. She won first place and deserved it. Here's her trophy.

DSC02282.JPG?imgmax=400

I've been driving for almost 14 years, have spent in the 6 figures on racing, and the trophy I usually get is the size of a coffee mug.

I'm not complaining, I just thought that the timing was ironic since she won this last night and we were talking about the quality of trophies.

Now where the hell am I supposed to put something like that?

RE: Carbotech, et al, I cannot speak from experience (sadly), but Id value a contingency from a sponsor that helps keep me on the track ($$$, parts, etc) a lot more than some plastic trophy. Can't race on a trophy, can race on brake pads.

Plus, if the esteemed Mr. Meyer would just bring the Mad Brew truck to every event, you can keep all those trophies for yerself *hickup*

Is that so much to ask?

Next up...the National American Iron Championship trophy will be commisioned for the Texas champion of 2008. (I noticed all of our Texas AI entries are holding back registrations until the end. )

Todd, I already told you to start working on MY trophy back at our 2007 year end banquet...

considering some car show trophies are 6' monstrosities, I am sure we can come up with something cool. We need to find an Acrylic company that do something badass that it etched or something similar...and maybe even a custom picture etched or cast into the main part of it of the winning driver/car in the winner's circle.

Adam, i apologize for jumpin all over your post, I was a tad bit out of line. That trophy you all made is way cool, if i was racing CMC i would be pretty excited to be racing for it.

E Fisher #12

• 4 weeks later...

I was really impressed with the trophy that I earned at the 2006 National, it just looks good sitting there and people always ask about it. My 2007 trophy I was not nearly as impressed with and looks like the rest of them, it doesn't stand out. It would be nice to put thought into every years trophy and make it something desirable and enjoyable, something that can grace the center of your book shelf or desk. Huge bowling spec trophies are cool initially but get old real fast.

Keep up the good work NASA. Please make it an impressive trophy that everyone who earns will be pleased to display this year.

• Members

The competitor survey at the end of the event helps give us the feedback we need to improve and we do our best to accommodate the suggestions. I am happy to report that we are hard at work to make the drivers dinner/party much more enjoyable and the trophies will be more substantial.

Thanks for your support,

The competitor survey at the end of the event helps give us the feedback we need to improve and we do our best to accommodate the suggestions. I am happy to report that we are hard at work to make the drivers dinner/party much more enjoyable and the trophies will be more substantial.

Thanks for your support,

good to hear that you guys are listening

I am happy to report that we are hard at work to make the drivers dinner/party much more enjoyable and the trophies will be more substantial.

Thanks for your support,

Sweet!

Thanks Guys and Gals!!

• 1 month later...

It's not always about the trophy.

Winning a National Championship is WAY more.

"It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long".

Below are pics of the event poster and T-shirt that were on sale at the track.

jb

poster.jpg

shirt01.jpg

shirt02.jpg

Wow,

You know, I never once made it to any of the concessions to even look at the shirts. Those are very nice. Being from Great Lakes, hopefully MO will have them for sale as left overs next year.

Damn, didn't get a program either!

WOW. Can you still get the shirts ?

I am going to be down there this weekend for a Porsche Club drivers ed. (Northern Ohio Region) and I will see. maybe they would even be discounted.

Ed

• Members
Get me one too. I got nothin' this year.

if you would have sat still long enough I was gonna give you a hickie!! You sezzy man you!!!

Good News!

For all that may be interested, this email from Mid Ohio!

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes, we do have event merchandise left from the 2008 NASA Championships. Event hats, poster, and some event t-shirts. We also have pins and patches.

Pricing is the following:

Shirts: $15

Hats: $15

Posters $5.00

Pins: $5.00

Patches:$5.00

We offer shipping for $6.00 or $18.00 overnight and items may be ordered through 1-800-MIDOHIO.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks!

Adam Fisher

Facility Coordinator

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

419-884-4531 office