edng16

HPDE Insurance

edng16

After checking with my insurance (farmers), I was informed that my car will NOT be covered during the HPDE.

I was curious if....

a)my insurance person is wrong (does any one else have farmers?)

b)what insurance does cover HPDE?

Thanks,

Eddy

San Francisco, CA

P.S. I know the rule, if you're not willing to wreck your car, then don't bring it out on the track. But I was just curious. Thanks!

Calif_Kid

I also have Farmers insurance, and when I got into Nasa HPDEs (around 1.5 years ago), I checked with my Farmers agent who said I was covered. I think that the key thing to emphasize is that HPDE is a driver education/training event. Also, usually the laps are not timed, and HPDE is not racing. Given all that, if I damaged my car or someone else's at the track, I would probably just pay for the repair out of my pocket, as I would be worried about my insurance rates being raised. There may be other threads on the subject using the search key (in upper right of the screen, I believe). - Jim (Calif_Kid)

Nick Nazareno

Get a copy of your insurance policy and read the exclusions section. That will spell out exactly what is and is not covered. If it has policy language similar to "will not cover incidents that occur on a racing surface" then the driver education argument is pretty much out the window unless you are at an autoX car control clinic in a parking lot (and even that is open for legal interpretation)

You could try [email protected] at WSIB insurance. They offer dedicated HPDE insurance. I have a quote from them for around $1400 premium to cover 10 HPDE events in 1 calendar year, with agreed value coverage of ~$33k with a $2500 deductible. I do not have an insurance policy with them, so I have no experience

Bruce L.

You have to read your own policy as Nick says, because even one company's policies can vary by State and or when you last renewed (if they are phasing in new exclusions).

cheers,

bruce

owenxguo

Progressive will cover HPDE/Driving shool, my friend crashed his G35 on Laguna SECA and they paid 13k to fix it w/o asking question.

DaveWright

I was told by my agent that as long as you are not timed and or racing you are covered. Just let them know that you are attendin driving course.

After checking with my insurance (farmers), I was informed that my car will NOT be covered during the HPDE.

I was curious if....

a)my insurance person is wrong (does any one else have farmers?)

b)what insurance does cover HPDE?

Thanks,

Eddy

San Francisco, CA

P.S. I know the rule, if you're not willing to wreck your car, then don't bring it out on the track. But I was just curious. Thanks!

andy38
Progressive will cover HPDE/Driving shool, my friend crashed his G35 on Laguna SECA and they paid 13k to fix it w/o asking question.

I guarantee you that if he does it once or twice more, they are going to start asking a lot of questions.

owenxguo

I guarantee you that if he does it once or twice more, they are going to start asking a lot of questions.

At least they have their policy shows high performance driving school is under coverage. I used have AAA and Farmers, both don't.