Any pics / vids from HPDE @ Hyperfest?

NOT///MPOWER

This is NOT my video, but certainly "interesting"

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure everyone in HPDE 2 got a good look at it.

Did he lift in the center of the turn?

sounds like he did. However, it started with what appears to be a too early apex. He apexes at the beginning of the curbing for the right hander (t4), whereas most HPDE students apex T4 close to the end of the red curbing. This leads to him running out of track on the left.

His turn-in also appears to be early, but it's not as easy to tell on video. The whole section is downhill, so the car is already lighter at the rear & any lifting with the front tires not straight, can quickly unsettle the car. Not what you want in a 90+ MPH corner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOT///MPOWER

• Renntag

• Gonz

• jon dawes

Hi all. I'm new to the NASA forums, though I've run with them for a couple years now.

And I want to say that I've grown to respect all the drivers I've met (I was about to say run in to ) in HPDE.

Anyway, here's a few of my videos from group 2.

Saturday Session 1

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday Session 2

I'm glad the guy in the Nissan was OK!

Saturday Session 3

Sunday Session 2

Yeah, I know its a lot. But after I watch them to groan over my missed apexes and wince at my early braking points, I can't think of anything else to do with them.

Hopefully some folks can find their car in one or two of them and see their lines. I find that very useful in looking at other's videos.

Oh, and a BIG Thanks to Edgar Cabrera, my instructor this time. Great guy (as all my instructors have been)!

Great vids! I remember giving you point by's on the front strait, and T2-T3. Hope to point you by again @ VIR!!!

I remember you too, Fritz. And I enjoyed your videos, regardless of the sound. LOL I have a similar problem with my car's top down. Too much wind noise. I've tried some foam on the microphone area, but no luck.

I'm afraid I won't be at VIR again this year. I'm already registered for the Mercedes Benz event at Summit-Shenandoah the same weekend.

But I'm also registered for the August NASA Summit Point. I just hope the track is repaired by then. I got a crack in my windshield from debris thrown up in T-6. And finding different lines around the changing track was interesting.

Man... sorry to hear about the windshield... I hear the Spec E30 folk talking about cracked windshields alot. I guess I've been fortunate to have gone through a year's worth of events (one a month) and not have had it happen to me yet!

(where's the smiley knocking on wood?)

I'll eventually break down & get a proper camera / mic set-up, but more important things first. Like camber plates, race springs, sways, 6-cylinder engine, etc!

I'll see you at SP in August then!