GTS at MidOhio...July....Championships rehearsal #1

bmw22

GTS at MidOhio is only two weeks away. If you are not registered yet, I encourage you to do so before the event sells out. This event does not conflict with events of neighboring regions and there are dozens of out of region drivers that plan to attend to get some good track time before the National Championships. In September. So far, the entries are as follows:

Davis Dan GTS1

Edwards Bill GTS1

Ginter Jim GTS1

massa vince GTS1

Child Jim GTS2

Lewis Gregg GTS2

Waite Brad GTS2

Williams John GTS2

Amardeil John GTS3

Barr Mark GTS3

Berkowitz Scott GTS3

Deason Korey GTS3

Knopp JB GTS3

Lasser Robert GTS3

Smith Bob GTS3

Tillinghast Sean GTS3

Zupon Max GTS3

The GTS “Bier Garten” will be in full swing for the event, the location will be announced as we get closer to the event. I have a vendor interested in host a GTS party on Saturday evening, but I would like to see the entry list somewhere quite a bit longer before asking them to commit.

I will be arriving late Thusday evening to drop off the car, and at the track open for business Friday morning. I will not have GTS decals for the sides of your car, if you need those, get them online at the GTS website. I will have the class decals for the front and rear of your car. These are the 6” tall yellow numbers that help us identify class while on track. These are mandatory for this. Bring a $1 with you when you bring your tech sheet and logbook for me to sign.

Dyno and scales will be used after any timed session. If you plan to dyno your car at the track, call BackStreet Performance ahead of time and schedule your session. Order your tires from Phil's and check the GTS website for a list of our sponsors for any of your last minute racing needs. These vendors support us....make sure you support them!

Thanks, Mark

• Members
I'm in as well!!

Mike, you mentioned in the other thread you were looking for people to stay with? I'll be staying in the trailer. I looked on the registration site that there is a "GTS area". I dunno how many GTSers have garages, but not this time for me.

Ill be in a 44' trailer with AC. Only problem is no power.

Eric:

How much wattage do you need. I have a 2k that I always bring. I do have a 4k but usually don't bring it as it is heavy and I have limited room. Let me know if you don't get one and I can see if I have room. I would like to see the gts guys all be in one area...peferrably on pavement. Is someone going to be there early Friday who could rope off a large area and position armed guards to await our arrival?

I will be there First thing Friday morning. If we are allowed to enter Thursday night I will do that. I'll try and claim as much GTS space as possible, according to this map http://racenasa.nasamidwest.com/docs/track_maps/MO_paddock_map.pdf

Mark, I'm pretty sure you can get in Thurs. evening at 6. I would try to get as much space as you can on Thurs. as I think there are a couple of supporting race groups(if the tentative schedule is correct) that will take up more space than we usually see. Even though I'm a garage snob, I'll be up there to hang out.....

-Scott

• Members
Eric:

How much wattage do you need. I have a 2k that I always bring. I do have a 4k but usually don't bring it as it is heavy and I have limited room. Let me know if you don't get one and I can see if I have room. I would like to see the gts guys all be in one area...peferrably on pavement. Is someone going to be there early Friday who could rope off a large area and position armed guards to await our arrival?

Thanks Mike. Ideally I want one to power AC to the trailer. But depending on weather, I might not need that much and just have enough to power lights and such.

Trailer is 44'. So hopefully there will be space around there for it!

What's up w/ MidOhio and the lack of power???

Scott is correct, 6pm Thursday night you can get in, and probably not a minute before. My understanding is the F2000 and Yoko Cup groups have rented the upper paddock from MO so parking should be ok.

On my way too. Friday night for me. Don't any of you people work for a living!!!!!

We may go to the grass, not to many semi level spots in the "valley" of the middle paddock.

• Members

What happened to the MadBrew parties you guys used to have in OH?

Ill bring some of my Leuven Nectar

stella_artois.jpg

stella_artois.jpg

Eric,

Eric M. is giving Grand-am a go this year, so no more Madbrew parties. A 44' trailer?? Man things have changed. What happened to the open trailer and the SUV.... With all the upgrades this year, your sponsor must of really upped "her" budget. See you next weekend.

-Scott

• Members

Eric,

Eric M. is giving Grand-am a go this year, so no more Madbrew parties. A 44' trailer?? Man things have changed. What happened to the open trailer and the SUV.... With all the upgrades this year, your sponsor must of really upped "her" budget. See you next weekend.

-Scott

LOL. Not my trailer. Borrowing a friend's since Im heading up w/ my Honda Challenge friend. Figured towing w/ one rig and a two car trailer was better than two rigs and two trailers

See ya soon.

LOL. Not my trailer. Borrowing a friend's since Im heading up w/ my Honda Challenge friend. Figured towing w/ one rig and a two car trailer was better than two rigs and two trailers

See ya soon.

You can't paddock a Honda with GTS cars!

Updated entry list:

First Last Class TX #

Dan Davis GTS1 1668070

Bill Edwards GTS1 299172

Jim Ginter GTS1 245147

vince massa GTS1 17776677

alessan pagani GTS1 1065512

Jean- Verbunt GTS1 966361

Enzo Campagnolo GTS2 4350961

Jim Child GTS2 1494909

Scott Good GTS2 1286693

Gregg Lewis GTS2 597614

Carl Picelle GTS2 1259179

Brad Waite GTS2 1547108

mike ward GTS2 456276

John Williams GTS2 223756

John Amardeil GTS3 1958114

Mark Barr GTS3 2341762

Edward Baus GTS3 578930

Scott Berkowitz GTS3 411251

Shea Burns GTS3 1176357

Korey Deason GTS3 2215186

Scott Gerard GTS3 1177234

JB Knopp GTS3

Robert Lasser GTS3 1139752

Bob Smith GTS3 1369880

Sean Tillinghast GTS3 558764

Eric Wong GTS3 1600586

Max Zupon GTS3 1141234

Marc E. Ruhling GTS4 7471259

The list is growing!!!!

the middle paddock by the fence on the track side is pretty good but goes away pretty quickly!

Mike

Carl,

How many cases of Pottsville Nectar should I bring?

yuengling.jpg

Had one of these just a while ago! Mark, If you have the room and the time, I will take a case or two, whatever you can bring.

Had one of these just a while ago! Mark, If you have the room and the time, I will take a case or two, whatever you can bring.

If a friend can't help support your habit, he ain't much of a friend!

Carl,

How many cases of Pottsville Nectar should I bring?

yuengling.jpg

Yuenling eh?? Pretty good stuff,, gotta watch out for it though,, tends to sneek up on ya...

I had a rough experience on that stuff once.

It looks like there are quite a few cars registered in GTS now - as of today's count:

GTS1 = 6

GTS2 = 8

GTS3 = 13

GTS4 = 1

I'll be runnin' GTS2. Anybody have any tips on how to run the "bus stop". I've run mid-ohio a couple of times before, but always been the Pro course. Dont tell me - "go fast", and "dont crash", right?....

Thanks,

Enzo

• Members
It looks like there are quite a few cars registered in GTS now - as of today's count:

GTS1 = 6

GTS2 = 8

GTS3 = 13

GTS4 = 1

I'll be runnin' GTS2. Anybody have any tips on how to run the "bus stop". I've run mid-ohio a couple of times before, but always been the Pro course. Dont tell me - "go fast", and "dont crash", right?....

Thanks,

Enzo

Wait... so this eent is using the Bus Stop? That isnt a good rehearsal for nationals then

GTS1 = 6

GTS2 = 8

GTS3 = 13

GTS4 = 1

Thanks,

Enzo

Wait... so this eent is using the Bus Stop? That isnt a good rehearsal for nationals then

Yeah Eric,

I lobbied to use the club course since I heard you were coming.... Seriously there is a thread on the Great Lakes forum about using club course one day and the pro on the next. I voted to use the Pro course both days, as it's what we will run at Nationals. I know it would probably give us GL guys an advantage for us not to use it when the out of region guys come, but I still vote for the Pro course.

-Scott