GTS at MidOhio...July....Championships rehearsal #1

bmw22

It looks like there are quite a few cars registered in GTS now - as of today's count:

GTS1 = 6

GTS2 = 8

GTS3 = 13

GTS4 = 1

I'll be runnin' GTS2. Anybody have any tips on how to run the "bus stop". I've run mid-ohio a couple of times before, but always been the Pro course. Dont tell me - "go fast", and "dont crash", right?....

Thanks,

Enzo

Yeah, just bypass it and run the Pro course like we should be doing.

-Scott

Yea, I think the plan is to run Club Course on Saturday and Pro Course on Sunday (unless something has changed). I like the "bypass" idea....maybe we could just ALL do that on Saturday....just kidding...

I've heard its fun, I just havent done it yet, so I cant say which I'd like better. However, it would be nice to have more than 1 practice session with the Bus Stop before having to qualify!

I wonder which course they will have set-up on Friday for "Test and Tune"...

• Members
Yea, I think the plan is to run Club Course on Saturday and Pro Course on Sunday (unless something has changed). I like the "bypass" idea....maybe we could just ALL do that on Saturday....just kidding...

I've heard its fun, I just havent done it yet, so I cant say which I'd like better. However, it would be nice to have more than 1 practice session with the Bus Stop before having to qualify!

I wonder which course they will have set-up on Friday for "Test and Tune"...

I liked the club course the first time we did it. But if nationals this year is Pro, Id prefer to do Pro at least one out of the 2 days. If I knew it was club course, I probably would not have made the trip! O well, if we do the club course, I'll still have a blast running w/ Scott and Sean (and the rest of you guys!)

[quote name="scottbm3

Yeah' date=' just bypass it and run the Pro course like we should be doing.

-Scott[/quote]

That's Scotts secret to winning BMWCCA races at Midohio

• Members
[quote name="magnetic1If I knew it was club course' date=' I probably would not have made the trip! O well, if we do the club course, I'll still have a blast running w/ Scott and Sean (and the rest of you guys!)

I don't really see the difference. Keyhole exit speed is still the same either way.[/quote]

The difference is it isnt a "championships rehearsal"

Here's the deal. Our run group will be GTS, SpecE30, 944Cup. If someone wants to head the campaign, and find out if an overwhelming majority wants the pro course on both days, I'm sure Dave Royce would make the change for our group IF it is logistically possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Who knows, maybe one or more of the qualifying races at the Championships will be on the club course!

Mark: That is an interesting idea!

I don't really see the difference. Keyhole exit speed is still the same either way.

Mark, some of us are better/worse driver's through turn 1. Without the chicane a pass is possible. With the chicane it is nearly impossible for two relatively equal cars to make a pass.

The faster driver through turn 1 may not have the same advantage coming out of the Keyhole. My .02 cents worth as I'm not in GTS, but I do race in the same group.

I don't really see the difference. Keyhole exit speed is still the same either way.

Mark, some of us are better/worse driver's through turn 1. Without the chicane a pass is possible. With the chicane it is nearly impossible for two relatively equal cars to make a pass.

The faster driver through turn 1 may not have the same advantage coming out of the Keyhole. My .02 cents worth as I'm not in GTS, but I do race in the same group.

+1, the club-course takes away a passing zone...i love driving both configurations but the pro-course races better