June 28/29 Infineon Post Race

ekim952522000

It was a wild weekend the results for all the guys who couldn't make it.

Saturday

H1

1 - Graham Downey

2 - Devin Raynal

3 - Andrew Vanni

H2

1 - Brian Zoraster

2 - Austin Getty

3 - Michael Uhlinger

Sunday

H1

1 - Graham Downey

2 - Andrew Vanni

3 - Bob Gill

H2

1 - Jonathan Meris

2 - Brian Zoraster

3 - William Downey

There were also two new track records set this weekend

H1 - Graham Downey - 1:51.197 - 06/29/08

H2 - Jonathan Meris - 1:56.520 - 06/29/08

http://www.westcoasthc.com/TRACKRECORDS.html

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstone

• jmeris

• ekim952522000

• DaveWright

Wow, Graham is flying. My previous best in that config, in that car was 1:52.2 during testing all the way back in 2005!

USTCC drivers have their own forum. You can find it here:

viewforum.php?f=5

This is the Honda Challenge forum.

Wow, Graham is flying. My previous best in that config, in that car was 1:52.2 during testing all the way back in 2005!

USTCC drivers have their own forum. You can find it here:

viewforum.php?f=5

This is the Honda Challenge forum.

SNAP!

It turned out to be a bit of a shitty weekend for us @ Redstone.

Devin blew his B20 during saturdays race & my dad blew his B16 during saturdays qualifying. Andrie blew his K24 in front of me during saturdays qualifing also.

After a long night of work, we got my dad's B16 swapped out for my old B18C Type R engine. We added 190 lbs of ballast and went to scales to check the weight. 2525 with driver.

Still not to sure what happened in turn 11 during the race between Brian and my dad, but hopefully Brain's video will tell. Looks to me like three cars were trying to go around turn 11 all at once. and only 1 made it threw.

What happened on the last lap on sunday, looked like brian had the win in the bag, but meris managed to get around him. can anyone shed some light on this one?

great job by Austin for recovering from his bump and run by Meris. im sure it wasnt intentional by Jon, but accidents happen.

I also noticed that Mike Uhlinger dropped a significant amount of time off his lap times. I believe i saw a sub 2:10 for Mike, which is a great improvement!

Still not to sure what happened in turn 11 during the race between Brian and my dad, but hopefully Brain's video will tell. Looks to me like three cars were trying to go around turn 11 all at once. and only 1 made it threw.

What happened on the last lap on sunday, looked like brian had the win in the bag, but meris managed to get around him. can anyone shed some light on this one?

great job by Austin for recovering from his bump and run by Meris. im sure it wasnt intentional by Jon, but accidents happen.

I have the video between your dad and Brian in turn 11, since I was right behind them. Entering 11, the #32 US Touring Car was on the far left, Liam was in the middle, and Brian Z was on the inside. All three entered 11 side-by-side. Brian gave your dad plenty of room, your dad gave Brian and the USTCC car room, BUT the USTCC car turned into your dad in mid turn-as if she didn't see him. In my opinion, if she had stayed on her outside line (assuming Liam and Brian didn't washout to the outside), there would've been no collision at all.

I'll try to figure out how to quickly post the vid.

The whole race I was trying to catch Brian, on the last lap, he went waaay wide into 11 and I broke deep-stayed on the inside of 11. At the exit of 11, we were neck & neck, side-by-side, and I dragged raced him to the start finish line and edged him out by (literally) my front bumper.

Sorry to Austin for the incident, but I got pinched between him and the wall going up to turn 1. He said that when he last saw me, I was behind him in his mirrors-and going up to turn one he didn't realize that I was already next to him when he began his turn in.

Thanks to John A. who helped me remove, disassemble, and rebuild the B16 cylinder heads TWICE Sunday morning. We didn't realize that the spare head we brought Sunday morning was damaged until AFTER it was assembled. So we had to disassemble the newly built spare head, and throw the internals of the spare head into the original head we used Sat. The car didn't start until 45min. before Sunday's race. The untuned craigslist B16a made it through Sunday's race surviving a misshift and taking the win---Hollywood can't even script a better ending than that

In my opinion, the #8 H1 car shoud've been in front of the podium USTCC cars during the award presentation. For you to take the SECOND green flag at the start and not only, catch the USTCC cars, but to pass their leader?!!!! That deserves and least an applause from the entire USTCC camp. Which makes me wonder why they had the 1st green flag waving start anyway...I thought they get their own run group???

The untuned craigslist B16a made it through Sunday's race surviving a misshift and taking the win...

You gotta love H2.

I was very lucky that I didn't have a balled up car from the incident going into turn 1 on the start.

Damn. That was a pretty lonely race. Who hit you?

I figured out why lenna had a brake failure that car had some long brake lines on it and the brake line was bowed out just enough for the wheel weights to rub on in everytime they went by, it shaved off part of the wheel weights and cut the line.

lucky when it happened her car was in limp mode so whe was going slow and was planning on coming into the pits other wise a brake failure in 10 could have been very bad.

I figured out why lenna had a brake failure that car had some long brake lines on it and the brake line was bowed out just enough for the wheel weights to rub on in everytime they went by, it shaved off part of the wheel weights and cut the line.

lucky when it happened her car was in limp mode so whe was going slow and was planning on coming into the pits other wise a brake failure in 10 could have been very bad.

Holy Crap man! Were they steel braided lines? Shoot brake failure at 11 would be worse.....

Glad to hear that she's ok......you cradle robber you.....

I was very lucky that I didn't have a balled up car from the incident going into turn 1 on the start.

Damn. That was a pretty lonely race. Who hit you?

Meris came in on the inside of me going into T1.

Normally I'm not too far back behind the rest of the group, but judging by my laptimes I lost ~14 seconds from the incident.

All said it wasn't a bad weekend at all for me. I was ~4 seconds faster on the longer ALMS course then when we were last here running the shorter T7, which is known as being ~3-4 seconds slower...so I should be in the sub 2:00 times on the "normal" Sears Point track configuration. I ran ~4 laps all within 0.500 seconds again, which isn't too shabby, but I can still gain quite a bit of time on the track. That's not too bad considering I'm still on the 450/550lb springs, and the D16Z6 that's 200lbs overweight.

I sat down and looked at the video last night, I can see that I'm having a real problem with T5, damn hard to get that one down for me. Looking at the Datalogs from the Hondata S300(Thanks for the upgrade Hondata) I was topping out at ~111-115 coming out of T9, shaving off ~20-25 mph off the car as it was settling(damn scary), then proceeding, the car takes a while to settle down during the transition from T9-->T10.

I'm also locking up the tires too easily, either I'm too heavy on the brake pedal, or the XR-3's that I have in the front are too much for the light car and the speeds that I'm carrying.

It's too bad that a lot of the competitors didn't come to Sears Point, but with the lack of track time, and the $$$ surcharge, I really can't blame you.

8 weeks off, I hope that everyone has a good holiday, and I'm looking forward to the full field again at Thunderhill, we should have ~10 cars in H2.

I'm really happy to see Honda challenge grows. But also really sad to see H1 keep loosing people, when it shown such a promise this year. I wish to return to H1 in the future, but in reality, I don't even know my plan for next year.

I plan on running h1 next year not a hole season but at least half of the races.Mike lock is doing the cage and Blacktrax is building me a h23 on roids.I think with this combo i can at least tag on Grahams bumper.I also hope next year i can make the runoffs.If anybody saw that 350z what a ride.I lost 5th gear sunday so now we are rebuilding the trans.Thats what happens when you run 590 to the rear wheels.Good to see all of you and Austin you are so lucky that wall looked really close.

I plan on doing H1 next year, but if there's no incentive (Toyo bucks) or less than 5 (H1) racers at each event, I may either run H2 or just crew for John A. Of course, with a possible cross over next year and the entire so cal Honda Challenge field in H2, I'll probably run H2 up until the cross over event.

Only time will tell.

jmeris

I sat down and looked at the video last night, I can see that I'm having a real problem with T5, damn hard to get that one down for me. Looking at the Datalogs from the Hondata S300(Thanks for the upgrade Hondata) I was topping out at ~111-115 coming out of T9, shaving off ~20-25 mph off the car as it was settling(damn scary), then proceeding, the car takes a while to settle down during the transition from T9-->T10.

I'm also locking up the tires too easily, either I'm too heavy on the brake pedal, or the XR-3's that I have in the front are too much for the light car and the speeds that I'm carrying.

It's too bad that a lot of the competitors didn't come to Sears Point, but with the lack of track time, and the $$$ surcharge, I really can't blame you.

8 weeks off, I hope that everyone has a good holiday, and I'm looking forward to the full field again at Thunderhill, we should have ~10 cars in H2.

You should be on the rev limiter in 4th gear coming into 10, (assuming a 7200 rpm limit). XR3's are fine for that car it is what i run, you just don't really need to push the pedal down much.

And are you sure the hondata speed is calibrated right? I haven't done a roll out on my tires in a really long time, but i show top speed in 4th being about 110mph. Or are you getting into 5th?

Edit- watched the video, looks like the speed is off on the hondata 205/50/15 dia is 23.1 which give you a rev limit speed in 4th gear of about 110mph.

Another thing is when i say should be on the rev limiter in 4th, there is more speed to be gained coming into 10. Just have to figure out the damn "S's"

You should be on the rev limiter in 4th gear coming into 10, (assuming a 7200 rpm limit). XR3's are fine for that car it is what i run, you just don't really need to push the pedal down much.

And are you sure the hondata speed is calibrated right? I haven't done a roll out on my tires in a really long time, but i show top speed in 4th being about 110mph. Or are you getting into 5th?

Edit- watched the video, looks like the speed is off on the hondata 205/50/15 dia is 23.1 which give you a rev limit speed in 4th gear of about 110mph.

Another thing is when i say should be on the rev limiter in 4th, there is more speed to be gained coming into 10. Just have to figure out the damn "S's"

Good to hear it about the brakes...I probably have a habit of being a little overzealous with the pedal pressure, you can ask Graham and Devin about my braking habits on the Type-R.

I have the rev limiter set to 7,500 rpm, but the "shift light" comes on at 7,000rpm, I had it come on ~2 times heading into 10 during the race, which should be ~108 mph. I'll go back into the logs to verify what the tire sizing I had input and see if it's indeed correct.

I think a good portion of my issues in the esses can be contributed to the mushy suspension and it's lack of ability to handle the transition, you can hear me modulating the throttle through the whole sequence of corners.

I still have a bit to learn and improve on, but I'm happy about my progress after taking 4 years off and learning a new car and a new driving style with the momentum car.

Thanks for the input Jimmy.

damn nice save Austin.....

Im still not really sure about next year if I am going to be H1 or H2 I would guess right now prob H2.

come on guys, it's tuesday already. I want to see Brian's in-car and Jon Meris's too. Ill post my dad's tonight.

Ill post mine up too, just so you can see the fun I had with the USTCC cars.

Uhlinger, do you have in-car? I'd love to see your in-car. Your doing a great job improoving your times. Maybe sharing your in-car, we can help you drop another few seconds.

What final drive are you running on your ITR tranny?

No video my mount did not come in time, stock 4.4 final.

WTF you should have told me you were looking for one. I have 3 or 4. One year for my birthday a few differnet people thought a cammera mount would be a great idea. Never got around to returning any of them.

WTF you should have told me you were looking for one. I have 3 or 4. One year for my birthday a few differnet people thought a cammera mount would be a great idea. Never got around to returning any of them.

Same here, I have one in the Type-R, and one in the Civic, though I really only need 1.

I need one!!!!