• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstone

• jmeris

• ekim952522000

• DaveWright

come on guys, it's tuesday already. I want to see Brian's in-car and Jon Meris's too. Ill post my dad's tonight.

Ill post mine up too, just so you can see the fun I had with the USTCC cars.

I'm working on getting mine online. It should be up by Weds night...hopefully

It has good footage of: 1) Me and Austin at the start, 2) the #32 USTCC car, Liam, and Brian Z going three wide into 11 and 3) Brian Z and my drag race to the finish line.

....stay tuned

Que le FcUK!@! happened in your video graham with the neon in the exit of long 7. Did he just not give you any room?

Simmon's said he tought it was Andrie next to him so he swerved at me to drive me off track. I knew he might over shoot the corner so i gave plenty of room but i still needed to go off track to avoid contact!

He came up to me after the race an appologized.

Simmon's said he tought it was Andrie next to him so he swerved at me to drive me off track. I knew he might over shoot the corner so i gave plenty of room but i still needed to go off track to avoid contact!

Cool that he appologized to you but he does that in just about every race to out of class racers. Is Devin going back to his GSR? Or another B20? HC is having bad luck with crashes and motors blowing. Hey how much did your dads car weigh at t-hill?

We're not sure what Devin's plans are for the rest of the year. He's out of town right now, so we're going to begin brainstorming when he gets back.

My dad's car weighed 2314 at thunderhill (1/2 tank of gas). My dad weighs about 185-190. The B16a was making 159/109. We were revving it to 9100.

At Infineon we added 190lbs of ballast. We went and weighed at the scales at it was 2525 w/ about 3/4 tank of gas. We filled it up for the race, so add another 14-15 lbs. The engine we used is a JDM GSR block with an ITR head (10.4:1 compression, with stock springs, retainers, cams, etc).

It dyno's 170/125 (same dyno we used to dyno the b16). We rev the B18 to 8600. Both engines used the same 4.7 Type R gearbox with stock itr lsd.

It would not have been right even if it WAS Andrie. In class or not, he is supposed to give racing room, not "serve to drive [someone] off track". In my experience Curt is a nothing but a World class blocker who redefines the term "red mist". He has no class and no regard for others. Everyone in group A should be extremely careful when he is around.

Simmon's said he tought it was Andrie next to him so he swerved at me to drive me off track.

thats just shitty right there. I understand pinching some one and giving them just enough room, and i also understand hinting that you are going to block so that the car BEHIND you gives a double take to the idea of passing you on the inside. But to swerve to drive some one off track is pretty shitty IMO.

Simmon's said he tought it was Andrie next to him so he swerved at me to drive me off track.

thats just shoo-shiddily-diddily right there. I understand pinching some one and giving them just enough room, and i also understand hinting that you are going to block so that the car BEHIND you gives a double take to the idea of passing you on the inside. But to swerve to drive some one off track is pretty shoo-shiddily-diddily IMO.

I agree completely. WOW!!!

Thanks for the kind words meris. I had alot of fun chasing down the USTCC cars.

K24A2 with OEM Type S tranny with 4.7 fd (carbonetic lsd) shifting at 7400rpm.

yeah, i've got in-car of Devin's blow up. I've also got Andrie's blow up and my dad's! Andrie's is the best. The whole track is covered in smoke. I couldnt see anything for a second!

ill try to post them tonight.

-Graham

Could you describe the warning sir?

All seriousness aside though...what were the signs that you noticed? Id like to see if I notice them too and would like to learn a bit.

Liams motor in particular gave him a ton of warning before it went.

Could you describe the warning sir?

All seriousness aside though...what were the signs that you noticed? Id like to see if I notice them too and would like to learn a bit.

From my own experience, just before an engine lets go, it'll rev a LOT slower (like it struggles) throughout the entire rpm range especially towards the rev limit. I haven't had a rod blow through my block (knock on wood), but at the nationals in 2006, I caught it before it let go. It's revving charachteristics didn't seem right (revved really slow in VTEC) so I pulled it off the track. We checked the catch can and it was full of oil. Then did a compression test, and had a cylinder at only 30psi. Then pulled off the head and saw that the cylinder had cracked. If I continued running it, the rod might of exited the block.

OK, let's see if the grey haired rookie can explain what happended??

"Could you describe the warning sir?"

I've never had a blow up like this, so I'm pretty sure the warnings my old faithful B16 was giving me were oblivious to me. But, here is what happended. Coming up to T2, the VTEC started to kick in and out, or maybe as Merris said, power was starting to drop. Either way, my assessment was the VTEC was cuting out. This happened before at Infenion, and my tachometer was fluctuating. Turns out the speed sensor was shorting in and out, thus no VTEC. I assumed this was the same issue. You see in the video, the camera blacking out, that happens every time I press the radio button (go figure ??). That's me radioing back that the VTEC was gone and my check engine light was on. So, assuming I had an issue, I called in that I was coming in. You see going down the carousel and around 6 up to 7 I was on half throttle, intentionally planning to nurse the car back to the pits. Then just as I came up to T7, I heard what was more like a hiss than a big pop, and the interior filled with smoke. I dropped the car into neutral immediately and coasted to a stop on the outside of 7. There was not a lot of smoke and it cleared quickly.

So, yes I did feel the loss of power, but I thought it was electronics, as the check engine light was on, and the speedo jumping.

Oh well....I loved that B16, it raced flat out for almost 3 years of track time....and we're guessing it had about 110,000 miles.

We're building another.....

Edited by Guest

Becky Arsham or Rich Woo was driving. They are part of the USTCC.

Becky Arsham was driving USTCC. I spoke with her after, we're all cool. I thought she had seen Brian and I and was letting us pass, but she turned earlier and much sharper than I expected. And, with Brian inside me, I couldn't turn in, in case he and I made contact. So I tried to stop between the two, but had too much momentum and no ABS ( ). Seems Turn 11 is keeping up it's tradition for 3 wide carnage !