Great Lakes Points Update

CARVAL Motorsports

The points have been updated at the website.

http://www.gtschallenge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great Racing This Past Weekend. Most Everyone In GTS Should Take A Bow. We Need To Keep Being The Premier Race Group With The Closest Competition And The Least Amount Of Incidents. Well Done Lads!

OK, points will have an additional update.... these are not correct and do not reflect visiting drivers who will have earned points in Great Lakes regardless of Region. Soon

It was great racing with "y'all" once again and I had a blast. In regards to some of the comments regarding speed differentials, “where do I want to overtake and where do I want to be overtaken” are part of the game and after 6 years, I think I’m finally getting it. I’ve used Berkowitz to advance my cause and I’m sure he’s used me. All good fun and never any issues! I’m already fired up for August.

Carl,

I know you've said the points aren't right, but I'm curious how they are (or are supposed to be) computed.

Thanks!

Scott,

There's a 2 tier system for point allocation. Orange cars get 100 points for 1st, 90 for second etc. Blue cars get 50 points for 1st, 40 for 2nd. etc. I thought you knew that.

Brad

Scott,

There's a 2 tier system for point allocation. Orange cars get 100 points for 1st, 90 for second etc. Blue cars get 50 points for 1st, 40 for 2nd. etc. I thought you knew that.

Brad

Actually, that's exactly what it looks like...hence my question. I can always change the color again...

Scott,

Points allocated as:

1st - 100

2nd - 90

3rd - 85

4th - 80

5th - 75

6th - 70

7th - 69

deduct 1 from 7th on down

Best results from 75% of the regions races. You did not run Grattan, no points there (it will end up as one of your toss aways) The 67 came from your classification in April, 9th 5 wins 500+67 is your current points total. All will even out as the season draws to an end and others toss their two worst results.

Thanks Mike W., sorry to hear that your Sunday race was a mess. I beleive Mark spoke with him.

Thanks Carl, I guess I will just have to learn how to get around on the start a little better or "go up the center"!!!!

Mike

Carl, I'm still not understanding the points. I have:

1-1st place = 100

2-4th place = 160

1-5th place = 75

That would be 335 points. The website is showing I have 155 points. Do only Saturdays count? I'm obviously missing something here. (I'd be glad to change the color of my car if that helps...)

Enzo,

You may correct me, but I thought that you were Midwest Region. If you are GL, then I will have to do some more work.

If Midwest, you get points in your home region in all crossover events. Mid Ohio July was not a crossover, so you would score points in the GL Championship.

Let me know ASAP

Points Completed - FINALLY! Sorry for the delay.

Now, be advised, the points do not reflect the 25% drop ratio, and that cannot be completed until the last race of the season is over, at which time your worst three results, (or races that you did not run amounting to three) will be dropped and points calculated from there. This is a good thumbnail view though.

Regards