NasaNorthEast @ Pocono Raceway JULY 18 - $130 by 6/30 !!!

Vitor

July 18th - HPDE @ Pocono Raceway - South Course

Turn up the heat and join NASA Northeast for an exciting day of HPDE at one of Pennsylvania's premier race tracks.

An HPDE is an "open track" event allowing students to drive their street cars on some of the finest racetracks in the East. Entrants are divided into four levels based on skill and experience. In HPDE-1 an instructor is always in your car to make the event as safe and educational as possible. Passing in HPDE-1 is extremely limited. HPDE-2 is the next step. Students can be signed off to solo and passing rules are sometimes more open. HPDE-3 is a big step. Drivers must be able to safely share the track at high speeds and with more relaxed passing rules. HPDE-4 is the final step. There are no passing restrictions except good judgment and you can even apply for a competition license.

July 18th Online Purchase $155

Submit your registration by June 30th and enjoy a $25 discount, for a total of $130!!. Please Pre-Register!

Fill out the registration for at:

http://www.nasanortheast.org/register.htm

Payments can be processed via PayPal or by mail. Contact:

[email protected]

Pocono-South.jpg

Length =1.0 miles

Number of Turns = 10

Longest Straight = 800 ft

Race Direction = CounterClockwise

Information Available: http://www.poconoraceway.com/directions.html

Weather: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/Wilkes_Barre_PA_US_f.html

Accomodations:

Sullivan Trail:.... 570-646-3535

Mt. Pocono Motor Lodge:.... 570-839-9407

Bon Aire Motel:....570-839-9282

Holiday Inn:....8000-HOLIDAY

Days Inn::....800-325-2525

Our HPDE is the perfect excuse for a day off! work Come out and have a good time. Facilities are impeccable and there are lots of areas for spectating, photography and video!

See you on the track,

http://www.nasanortheast.org

Directions:

Take I-80 to exit 284. ( near Scranton, PA ) (FORMERLY KNOWN AS Exit 43 !!!) Please Note new EXIT NUMBER.

Proceed south on Rt 115 for a couple of miles.

The track will be to your left.

Take the "track" road all the way past the track, past the Track Offices to

the TUNNEL (Gate #1).

Vitor

Edited by Guest

Thanks Vitor for directions andthe heads-up on what gate to use. This'll be my first HDPE and I'm psyched. I'm still shaking down my car, but things are going well.

Vitor,

Couple of questions if you can answer.. My first HPDE with my MiniCooper S Works fun mobile 7/18 Pocono South. What time do I have to be at the track? Will it be OK for my wife to come and hang out?

Any suggestions on lodging ? Coming across 84 and then down to track from upstate NY. I registered and paid on May 1 any chance for the $30 discount? Thank you for any info you can provide.

Paul Chodkowski

Vitor,

Couple of questions if you can answer.. My first HPDE with my MiniCooper S Works fun mobile 7/18 Pocono South. What time do I have to be at the track? Will it be OK for my wife to come and hang out?

Any suggestions on lodging ? Coming across 84 and then down to track from upstate NY. I registered and paid on May 1 any chance for the $30 discount? Thank you for any info you can provide.

Paul Chodkowski

Be at track 7:00 am. Gives you time to clean out your car of misc odds n ends, and walk the paddock and oogle n drool over the other toys ppl bring out to play with.

Spectators are always welcome at NASA events. I recommend a good comfortable chair (beach type), sunscreen (weather providing) or umbrella. Cooler stacked with cool drink n snack always make for a nice day. Track is quite nice and quite a few picnic-esq viewing locations.

If you paid before the annnouncement of the special discount, please see us race day and we'll make arrangement to square things up.

See you at the track! It's by far the most fun you can have with your pants on n still have a driver's license by the end of the day.

Fill up with gas in the morning, the good stuff, add in few gallons of hi octane stuff if its promises to be a HOT day. Side benefit, it does a good job of cleaning your fuel system better than any $5 autozone fuel cleaner.

Vitor

Vitor,

Thank you for your reply to my questions , it is most appreciated. I will restudy the "First Day at the Track" nasa web page. Your encouraging words make me more excited than before. Hard to believe that driving my MINI could be more fun than it already has, but I believe you. . Look forward to seeing you there.

MINISKI

One more question on pre event car inspection for HPDE. I ran off the School Techinical Inspection Form but the only link for approved inspection centers has California addresses, could not find any such similiar link on NASA Northeast Regional page, I believe my local BMW/MINI dealer does such inspections for SCCA events. Will this work? Or is there a listing for approved sites in NY preferably Upstate.

Thanks

Mini - we don;t have an approved inspector in our area. So .... either fill out the form after a self-inspection or DON'T and have us inspect it at the track for you.

For those who don't wish to preregister, we will be accepting walk-on registrations the day of. SHOW UP EARLY!

See you on the track,

Vitor

What time do I have to be there to register? I'm coming from Queens, NY and I plan on leaving 6am to get there.

Rob Palumbo

I just found out that I won't be able to go. The Road Runner is having teething troubles and I'm having trouble getting an SA helmet that fits(XXXL) and is Snell rated. I emailed to them tell that I'm canceling. It sucks.

Just s short follow up to this event. As a first timer, I was impressed with the organization, classroom session and instructors. It only rained when the advanced cars were on track and we all had a ball! I can't wait to try this again!