GTS Challenge Tent at the Nationals.

bmw22

All

At the Nationals this year I would like to rent one of those huge tents for GTS. Sacha Contacted mid Ohio and got the details. We can get a tent in three different size; 40'x40', 40'x80', and 40'x100'. I'm a big fan of "the bigger the better", but the costs are similar to what Carl pays for tent usage at Midohio! (I couldn't resist ) To pay for it, we would have to charge $300 for a 20'x10' foot area which would yield 8,16 or 20 slots under the different size tents.

However, my preferred method of paying for this would be to find one of our favorite vendors to Sponsor GTS for the event. In return, each GTS car and/or driver may be required to run decals, windshield banner, driver suit bpatches, etc.....

If you know of a vendor that may be interested in Sponsoring GTS at the Nationals, please send me an email with the company name and contact information.

Mark

I like Mark's idea of having a series sponsor pick this up in exchange for us drivers providing them with some good visibility.

In the event that that doesn't pan out, would others be willing to shell out $300 per slot for daytime out-of-the-elements car parking that could double as a "Bierzelt" in the evening?

Maybe even think of it as an Oktoberfest warm-up as that starts the week or so after Nationals...

I was going to look into getting a garage if any are still available, but if there is a GTS tent, I'd prefer to be there and would pay my share.

Brad

I'd consider it. I assume Mid-Ohio would frown on a micro-brewery showing up and selling its product after the track goes cold to help recover a "sponsorship investment".

• 2 weeks later...

Oh they wouldn't be selling it to us John.. However I'm sure we'd all be happy to, umm, provide a charitable donation for every free beer we drink!

Well you know how things go. Motor was worse than originally thought so I won't be racing at the Nationals this year. I'll probably come up and watch/help out where I can (if I can bring myself to it). Where's the smilie for crying in your beer?

I'm in favor of the GTS Compound ( I mean "tent"). I think Chris has the right idea... Donations.... Yeah... that's it... Donations.

I think I could manage whipping up a batch or two of MarkoBrew in time.

What's the actual dollar amount needed to make this happen as far a series sponsor?

This sounds like a cool idea. Where are most of the GTS competitors parking at? I will be arriving sometime Friday afternoon and was wondering if someone could save me a spot. Would enjoy pitting next to whomever I could, in the GTS class. Since I am still a newbie and all, its good to have some experiance nearby.

If the tent happens, I would gladly pitch in.

Thanks ahead of time

JB Knopp

This sounds like a cool idea. Where are most of the GTS competitors parking at? I will be arriving sometime Friday afternoon and was wondering if someone could save me a spot. Would enjoy pitting next to whomever I could, in the GTS class. Since I am still a newbie and all, its good to have some experiance nearby.

If the tent happens, I would gladly pitch in.

Thanks ahead of time

JB Knopp

I am also in if it comes together.

Karl