newbee question for the national races?

slink

Hello Slink,

The only practice for racing is on Wednesday. Everyday after that counts for qualifying and racing until the final race.

is the qualifing and racing on friday and saturday get you position for the race grid for sunday? does every body get qualified for the finals on sunday?

Thursday

Practice

Friday

Warm-up

Qualify

Qualifying Race

Saturday

Warm-up

Qualify

Qualifying Race

Sunday

Warm-up

Championship Race-grid based on qualifying race finishes

it wasn't that i didn't know about friday and saturday , it was why? sounds like they average the 2 days together for the starting position on sunday. this is what i was wondering.

It also appears we are short a qualifying race. I just checked the schedule at NASA Pro Racing and it looks like there is a full day of practice vs. a day of practice, qualifying and qualifying race.

Am I remembering last year wrong?

It's the same as last year. A full day of practice, two practice/qual/race days like a normal race weekend, and then the Championship day which includes a warm-up and race. I do not know the formula for establishing the Championship race grid. I beleive it can be different for each series depending on if they normally grid by class/time or by overall time.

It doens't say anywhere you have to run all those practice/warm-up sessions, but for those that are new to the track or need practice or are just plain slow (like Slinkard) it's nice to have the time.

It is a long four days, but for testing & tuning it's very nice. You can also throw in the fact that the weather can be an issue that time of year on Ohio. Last year we were very fortunate, but practice in the rain is always a plus.

hahaha funny man, now if i had your money i would use all the practice time. but for some reason every time i show up there my car breaks down (some kind of track curse ).

thanks john for the info.

It also appears we are short a qualifying race. I just checked the schedule at NASA Pro Racing and it looks like there is a full day of practice vs. a day of practice, qualifying and qualifying race.

Am I remembering last year wrong?

Kevin,

I'm surprised you can remember last night much less last year

Your friend,

Tom