lbre75

NASA SE Region-Any Legends Racers?

Weed Wacker
No chance a stock water cooled Yamaha went 2:14 at Daytona. I drove the tar out of mine and it went 2:17 once, and I don't think anything was being left on the table. This was on a hot day. the 2:32 at Sebring was in the dead of summer. I think there is another second or two in some cold, dense air.

I generally run with Tinker and his crew. Rick is a regular in the yellow/black Thundercup. That car, like most others, is busa powered. I have the only water cooled Yamaha being raced in Florida, I believe.

-Scott

Rick has a Thunder cup now? We have not yet made the trek down this winter so i did not know that! I know they all run busa's with carbs on them. Unless this year they switched back to injection. But as of our trip to daytona we were still the only one with an injected one. And as of our last visit they all still had GP bodys on their cars.

If you dont believe me you can feel free to check mylaps yourself. It does not bother me either way but you can also ask tinker and co. if we had a busa or anything in our white car. The white one is the car i am talking about. Driven by Mike Piecko.

I also believe that the oval car is better through the air than the thunder cup since the one we brought to daytona last year (the blue one in Randy's video) was flat outrun by our white car, which is all stock old-style oval bodywork. It does not even have the big front scoop or the vents in the hood. If thats the case along with some mid 70's or so weather and better tires do you really think 3 seconds is THAT hard to believe?

BigKeyserSoze

Yes, Rick has the full body car now. We have 4-5 full body cars running, the rest are GP bodies. They all have carb'd busas except for my carb'd Yamaha. I think Tink had an injected car, but he put it back to "spec". He has a 2009 busa in one car and it is fast.

I had Hoosier 880 tires on mine, so I guees the R-6 tire and good weather would make a difference. The ThunderCup is a pig through the air, the drag is huge. The 3 seconds just sounds like a lot, but I guess the tire, weather and body might add up to 3 seconds.

I will have my ThunderCup at Miami-Homestead in two weeks and will see how that runs. Going to run the 25 Hours of Thunderhill this weekend in an ES Factory Five Roadster. Should be fun.

-Scott

CHR

Check out the video from Road Atlanta Toy Run 12-6

Weed Wacker

Nice video as usual! Do you have any video of your starts? One of the coolest things about these cars is how well they do on the starts. Makes them fun to watch.

CHR

Yea, the starts are cool. Here is a video from August at RA.

I have a lots of videos on you tube "Circle Heart Racing"

BigKeyserSoze

Sadly, Rick's Thundercup burned to the ground during the PBOC 6 hour enduro that was part of Winterfest at Sebring. Noone was injured, despite the fact that the driver climbed out on fire. The car was leading the entire enduro at the time of the fire. Rick has plans to rebuild, I believe.

alire007

Does anyone run the GP Thunder Roadster with SCCA? Seems like the PBOC and NASA events are a little light up till April...

BigKeyserSoze

Not that I know of. I believe there are events in NASA SE and NASA Mid-Atlantic that you could hit. Also, I believe PBOC is running in March in Barber. NASA has something in March too, no?

-Scott

Legends21
Does anyone run the GP Thunder Roadster with SCCA? Seems like the PBOC and NASA events are a little light up till April...

How about Road Atlanta with NASA-SE this March 12th-14th? http://www.nasa-se.com/2010Mar12.php

As a sweetener, look who is getting their competition license in at TR:

43 Daugherty, Brad 2007 THUNDE THINDERR WHITE Competition License

Can you handle that?

Dale Ritchie

(Former Legends #21 Road Racer,

2005 Masters Road Race State Points Champion)

BigKeyserSoze

I cant make the RA trip this time, but I made it several times last year, and that track is a lot of fun in a Thunder Roadster. I hope to see more of them showing up.

-Scott