August 23-24: Thunderhill Raceway

ekim952522000

Ok so who's going? This forum has been way to quiet lately.

Me and Lenna won't be making it since my brother is getting married that weekend.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• AustinG

• Redstone

• ekim952522000

• Members

Chris and I will be splitting the Acura in H4^1/2. We will also be running the Legacy in Group A, what do you guys say to a fun run in H1!

I'll be there, still H1, not enough time to get the H2 motor together. I here my brothers my be there in their new Acura RL, running on 3 cylinders, and a funny pinwheel device in the exhaust.

I'll be there, still H1, not enough time to get the H2 motor together. I here my brothers my be there in their new Acura RL, running on 3 cylinders, and a funny pinwheel device in the exhaust.

thats makes two of us for H1! Yeah!!

ill be there doing TTA or TTR whatever i don't have to fill out paperwork for.

What's up with that Jimmy?

Not driving my car, as it is in various states of apartness.

ill be there doing TTA or TTR whatever i don't have to fill out paperwork for.

What's up with that Jimmy?

Not driving my car, as it is in various states of apartness.

I can certainly understand that Jimmy, I still have a number of items that I'm trying to get sorted out in the next 2 weeks.

Well if I make it back into the country maybe I can get the car ready. I will be running H1 if I make it. I still haven't made enough to buy the new suspension so I don't have the penalty to deal with in H2. My brother isn't going to make this one either.

does anyone know if Brian Zed and Bob Gill are going?

Hopefully Robert Arguelles and Andrew Vanni will make it out too.

Is Vito's car race ready?

I am trying to be there as well....my car is also in various stages of apartness....i need a bit of Z's help to get it back together...as far as I know Z will be there too.

not sure if its because i haven't driven in a while or what, but I'm not exicted about going to Thunderhill next weekend at all. Maybe it's because of the lack of cars/competitors. It's sad going to track when 1/2 the friends arent there. I'm glad Lock has decided to come back out. Hopefully HC will end the season strong!

I love when there's ton's of Honda's in Group A. When we're struggle to get 5 cars in H1 and barely 5-7 in H2 is pretty dissapointing.

If H1 car count doesn't pick up i'll definetly be racing another EG hatch in H2 next year. I'd much rather race with 5-10 others than just 2-3 cars in H1.

What's everyones plans for next year?

- Jimmy, are you converting to H2 with a K20A3? or building a new car?

- Mike Lock, are you converting to H2 with a non-vtec H23?

- Dave Wright, are you going to decide which class your going to run? H1 OR H2?

- Meris, you said your cars for sale after nationals. Are you quiting? Building a newer/different chassis? and for what class?

- Bob Gill, you mentioned going from K20A to K20A3 and going H2. Still the plan?

I'm pretty sure everyone currently in H2 is going to stay. H2 could possibly have me, Bob, Mike, Meris, Dave and Jimmy for 09. That would make for a great sized field of HC cars!

If H1 car count doesn't pick up i'll definetly be racing another EG hatch in H2 next year. I'd much rather race with 5-10 others than just 2-3 cars in H1.

- Meris, you said your cars for sale after nationals. Are you quiting? Building a newer/different chassis? and for what class?

I'm pretty sure everyone currently in H2 is going to stay. H2 could possibly have me, Bob, Mike, Meris, Dave and Jimmy for 09. That would make for a great sized field of HC cars!

yep my car Civic will be for sale (in H1 or H2 form) after nationals. I still have a DC2-ready to be built for either for H1 or H2. Sometime before the end of '08 we should all disclose our plans for '09 so that no one builds a car for an empty class (i.e., H1)-that way we can all be on the same page and take full advantage of the maximum possible car count for a specific class (i.e., H2) while also taking advantage of the available contingencies (toyo bucks) for classes with the higher # of starters.

I know that ALL of So. Cal will basically be in H2 as everyone down there has agreed to it. It would be nice if we (Nor Cal guys) would decide in the coming months.

And btw, I might be at Thunderhill on Sunday only.....and in HPDE.

stay frosty

jmeris

not sure if its because i haven't driven in a while or what, but I'm not exicted about going to Thunderhill next weekend at all. Maybe it's because of the lack of cars/competitors. It's sad going to track when 1/2 the friends arent there. I'm glad Lock has decided to come back out. Hopefully HC will end the season strong!

I love when there's ton's of Honda's in Group A. When we're struggle to get 5 cars in H1 and barely 5-7 in H2 is pretty dissapointing.

- Jimmy, are you converting to H2 with a K20A3? or building a new car?

- Mike Lock, are you converting to H2 with a non-vtec H23?

- Dave Wright, are you going to decide which class your going to run? H1 OR H2?

- Bob Gill, you mentioned going from K20A to K20A3 and going H2. Still the plan?

I understand what your saying i have felt the same way before.

I would like to do the k20a3, but i have some hesitation about it. Mainly because once you go K you can't really go back.

So because of that i will probably stay with something that doesn't require cutting. I also don't want to put lexan and all of that stuff on the car nor bolt a whole lot of weight to it. Which means if i change to anything it will be a B18b, or b16a.

I have a bunch of B16a parts 2 heads, 2 blocks, but need all of the little stuff. If any one has all of the little stuff for a B swap let me know!

You can count me in for H2 no matter what, ill run it in H4 spec in H2 if i can't get anything else figured out.

Also with the switch to R888 next year, (if you don't have access to the private forum, or don't check it out often i would try to). I am less than excited about next year. I like the RA1 and don't care to much for the R888. And the sizes are very different so that will change setup also.

Sometime before the end of '08 we should all disclose our plans for '09 so that no one builds a car for an empty class...........

I think the earlier everyone gets there plans out the better it is, you don't really need to give up all of the details but would be nice to hear if you are planning to run H1 or H2 and if you are planning to run mostly a whole season or not.

So here is a list of everyone I can think of

Andrie Hartanto - No Honda Challnege next year?

Bob Gill - Still planning a switch to H2 in the off season?

Brandon Kraus - H1 but sounds like only a few races.

Devin Raynal - Don't know what Devin is thinking after that B20.

Graham Downey - H2 if that's where everyone goes?

Jonathan Meris - Are you planning on doing a whole season in H_?

Mike Lock - Planning on doing a whole season next year? in which class?

Al Locket - betting Al will still be plugging away in H2.

Chris Smith - Have you decided on your plans Chris?

Dan Wright - H2 still whole season?

Dave Wright - Guessing on H2 planning, on whole season?

Lenna Moore - Getting Lincense back first part of next year.

Liam Downey - H2 still whole season

Mike Uhlinger - H2 whole season

Vitaliy Alexeev - H2 whole season, I would bet.

Austin Getty - Planning to continue racing next year?

Brian Zoraster - Whole season H2.

Chris Lock - Any plans to change motor on the H4 squared car?

Jimmy Chilcott - Are you planning on racing next year?

John Almazan - Car gonna be ready for next season?

Anyone planning on racing in 09 I am forgetting?

Would be awesome to get everyone into H2 so we could have huge fields.

Andrie the 225/45R17 has a approved rim width of 7" from toyo on the R888 could you just run that? I now not optimum but would really like to have you out there with us.

It is not about approved size. If I'm running 225 with 7", I'm squeezing the tire and reduce the contact patch. I'm willing to bet, 215 on a 7" will provide more contact patch and most likely perform better overall.

2800 lbs car with that small contact patch ain't gonna fly. Can I drive, it, sure. When the tires goes away and the car become sketchy, in traffic, things can get really interesting.