August 23-24: Thunderhill Raceway

ekim952522000

Sometime before the end of '08 we should all disclose our plans for '09 so that no one builds a car for an empty class...........

I think the earlier everyone gets there plans out the better it is, you don't really need to give up all of the details but would be nice to hear if you are planning to run H1 or H2 and if you are planning to run mostly a whole season or not.

So here is a list of everyone I can think of

Graham Downey - H2 if that's where everyone goes? -

Would be awesome to get everyone into H2 so we could have huge fields.

Will not be driving my current #8 EK Civic Si Coupe (ex-hartanto) car next year. That will be parked up. i'll dust off and drive our spare EG hatch chassis #5 with either a b16a or b18c1 gsr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• AustinG

• BrianZ

• ekim952522000

I just found out last month that I'm having another baby so I"ll have to pretty much sit out for this season. I might come out 1 more time this year. I'll for sure have a full season in 09 running H2.

Anybody thinking about sharing an HC ride? Form a 2 driver team, split the costs, yadda yadda yadda. With everyone trying to stretch their dollar, just wanted to see where folks might stand on that.

Anybody thinking about sharing an HC ride? Form a 2 driver team, split the costs, yadda yadda yadda. With everyone trying to stretch their dollar, just wanted to see where folks might stand on that.

In other words, anyone looking to share their car/costs with John A.in the '09 season?

I will be in H2 next year whenever I have the funding. I do look forward to not having a ticking time bomb for a motor. I am considering running my B17 for an H2 set up but there is no rule set for it. Still thinking about it.

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

I will be there this weekend with the old B17 in my car. Graham and I threw it together this afternoon. It has 200,000 miles on it and is probably the least powerful motor in nor cal HC right now. It makes approximately 145hp/105tq. I will be at 2,350 lbs. too. Should be very interesting.

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

probably be at 2270lbs or so

Might be a tad heavier, it makes almost the same whp as a B16A at ~155-165whp, but ~10-15tq more at ~115-120wtq with itr/ctr cams.

B16A - 2250lbs

B18C1 - 2400lbs

I have no clue how the rule process is run, but I'd warrant ~2,300lbs with itr/ctr cams and an ITR intake manifold, and the 2,250-2,270lbs with the stock cams and stock intake manifold.

I will be there this weekend with the old B17 in my car. Graham and I threw it together this afternoon. It has 200,000 miles on it and is probably the least powerful motor in nor cal HC right now. It makes approximately 145hp/105tq. I will be at 2,350 lbs. too. Should be very interesting.

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

Great to hear Devin!

I finally got everything put back together, did a minor tune up, and installed a catch can for some of the hoses that I didn't want running back into the intake tract.

I'll be at Brandon's on Wednesday getting the alignment done...again, as I've lost ~150-200 lbs since we last did the alignment, and I royally screwed up the camber with the camber kit moving on me.

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

HEY you forgot about my H4/2 car, with a a whole 130whp and 110ft/lbs tq

ill be there but not racing and not with my car. Just doing TT

jIMMY, Are you driving the Duramax instead of the civic?

hahaha yep, trying to beat banks to having the first "real road race" diesel truck.

We were thinking about building another DA like our h4 championship car and renting one or both out for the entire 09 season. Bring a buddy and come race with us, or myself or my brother would be happy to race with you .

Sorry guys I have not been arond much.. A LOT going on here!

I'm all packed up and ready to head out to the track. I'm brining movie night so you guys need to bring the camcorders!