New car coming to Super Unlimited

SoCal Scott

Hi All -

Thought I'd let you know about a great car, new to the US, that we'll be bringing here and doing some NASA races in Ca. It's designed in New Zealand and has raced in New Zealand, Australia and Europe. It's called a Saker:

http://www.sakermotorsports.com

The car is already homologated for SCCA ASR and we plan to debut it here in the US at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill.

showcase3-800.jpg

Looks fast! Scooby powered, sweet! Or does yours have a different motor?

You might consider hitting the pre-25 October Buttonwillow Enduro. Like they say, "Never bring a new car to the big race."

That and so the rest of us Socal guys that can't make it to the 25 can see the mean machine.

Looks fast! Scooby powered, sweet! Or does yours have a different motor?

You might consider hitting the pre-25 October Buttonwillow Enduro. Like they say, "Never bring a new car to the big race."

That and so the rest of us Socal guys that can't make it to the 25 can see the mean machine.

Hehe, we'll see how soon before the 25 hour the cars get completed. Obviously we'd like to do as much check out as we can prior to the event.

Stu Hayner and Chip Herr were able to take the demo car above out for some lapping and even though it only had the 250hp engine package, they thought the car was pretty quick.

We'll be running the Suby WRX turbos at the 25 Hour as well, but that car can take a variety of engines. Street versions have been made with Nissan V6 and Toyota/Lexus V8. But I'll keep my eye out for some way to fund a project that puts an Audi, BMW or Porsche engine in one.

But you'll see plenty of the Saker in NASA in Ca. in 2005

• 2 months later...