FR-500 Mustang

68Cobra

I believe it's only an issue in AI, not TT. Who else ordered one? I got the white one with blue stripes. It should be in on the 5th Thursday of the next leap year.

ABS is not a points mod, as far as I can tell from the rules.

The ABS module is calibrated differently than a standard Mustang GT. It is definitely a performance increase.

The ABS module is calibrated differently than a standard Mustang GT. It is definitely a performance increase.

In TT there is not any rule that says you need to take points for a "performance increase." Most of my parts were "free" mods. Meaning I didn't get assessed any points. I did gain significantly from some of them as well.

I'm glad that Time Trial is getting more and more popular that somebody wants to use 70000$ race car to compete in TT

It will be a dual use car - we have had $150,000+ GT3 Cup cars in TT.

I think the plan is two owners on the car. It will run W2W and TT to get the max seattime.... great idea I think....

I'm glad that Time Trial is getting more and more popular that somebody wants to use 70000$ race car to compete in TT

I think the plan is two owners on the car. It will run W2W and TT to get the max seattime.... great idea I think....

Until one of them wrecks it!

Until one of them wrecks it!

I have been sharing a car for 3 years - it works out well....

In TT there is not any rule that says you need to take points for a "performance increase." Most of my parts were "free" mods. Meaning I didn't get assessed any points. I did gain significantly from some of them as well.

I'm aware of the TT rules. The FR500S is not a Mustang GT. It is a factory race car that is based on a Mustang GT. The car has not yet been classed. For base classing purposes, with all else being equal, the ABS calibration is better on the FR500S than on the Mustang GT. When the car is classed, the rulemakers will take that into account.

My money is on TTA**

If we want to get into "free" mods, the car still has a steel flywheel, heavy wheels, heavy driveshaft, etc.

• 6 months later...

I had two of these at CMP last month in TT. Basing them on TTC and adding all the points they end up in TTA with points to spare...

They are a heck of a TTA car on a short track..

These cars shouldn't be legal as there is no vin # so there are not legal for use on any road except maybe 3rd world countrys.

maybe in s or u

Who tould anyone that the antilock system had be modified .

I have talked with people that developed these cars and there realy is nothing trick about them

The 3 cars at the enduro in 07 didn't even have plates where the cage was mounted to the chassie .

These cars shouldn't be legal as there is no vin # so there are not legal for use on any road except maybe 3rd world countrys.

maybe in s or u

I have talked with people that developed these cars and there realy is nothing trick about them

The 3 cars at the enduro in 07 didn't even have plates where the cage was mounted to the chassie .

street legal is not a requirement for TT and FR500S meets the intent of a street car as it retains ".....the original front clip, floorpan, and sub-frame". NASA has a Milller Cup class for them in AI.

rule excerpts

"Some NASA race classes and NASA guest classes for purpose-built racecars have been assigned

a TT competition classification below (6.3.1). Provided that a vehicle complies with all of the

rules for its race class, it is exempt from upclassing in Section 6.4."

"Any tube-frame, never street legal, monocoque purpose-built racecar, vehicle not approved by

the DOT, TUV or Japanese government for street use, or production vehicle that does not retain

the original front clip, floorpan, and sub-frame, or is converted (partially or wholly) to a tubeframe

design, that is not otherwise classed below or in section 6.2.7 or 6.3.1,"

The people that built the car told me.

It has a different program in it that is much better suited for track use than a stock unit.

It is NOT part of the ECU. It is a seperate module. It also happens to look just like the stock one.

I have about 6 computers on the C5 - I think all of them can be reflashed (not sure why you would want to on some of them).

The FR-500S already takes points for calipers (nice braking performance on the cars by the way).

I see no mention of ABS - pro or con in the rules but 49 in the free mods talks about reprogramming. Even if it was a five points the cars still would point out TTA with a few spare points.

"49) OEM ECU/PCM reprogramming or chip (must use OEM ECU/PCM box/housing/hardware)"