2009 Nationals - MidOhio?

Markus

eh, look at some vids of cars like we'd race... pretty wide range of corner speeds without downforce

if you watch just video, Mid-O looks fairly flat too and even less variety in types of corners... but its damned fun

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• vpnwiz

• 944-Spec#94

• JackBaruth

The biggest issue with Miller is that on TV it looks un-interesting. From a TV perspective there is very little to really show the viewer at home any depth or unique landmarks.

However when on track that all changes. The corners come into their own each with unique challenges.

Here are some shots of the 944 spec race we had this past june.

Down the straight to turn 1

satstart1.jpg

turn1.jpg

Here is "faster" a flat out right turns taken in 4th and 5th gears. Over 100 mph for even us lowly 135 whp 944 spec cars.

sundaylead.jpg

Here is windup and final corner before the straight. It is banked and can be taken quite fast at maybe 70 mph, but you need to watch the track out as the road can fall away if you are not ready.

35.jpg

The attitudes - A left right left chicane with eleveation change. The first left is at the top of brow and you can't see it from this photo. When driving it all you see the first left and you can't see the remaing part of the chicane utill you have commited. These are taken at 75 mph or so.

23.jpg

Tooele corner take with tap of brake at then flat at 80 mph

22.jpg

On a separate but related note... is there a date for Miller yet? I want to block that week off before my wife schedules something that I can't get out of.

Best guess based on last 3 years...9-13 Sept. However, with Labor Day being on Monday 7 Sep, they may choose the next week.

after watching the 7 hour Rolex race....the 4.5 mile track looks HUGE and passing seems to be non-existant as there is just one really highspeed line through the twisties....the term boring came to mind... I hope it's not!