Championship Video - No GTS

911.racer

So, I see that there will be a video of the championships published again. And I see that GTS is not included in the line up again.

What does it take to get in the video.

Ed

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clutchless Bastard

• Eric W.

• scottbm3

• 911.racer

So, I see that there will be a video of the championships published again. And I see that GTS is not included in the line up again.

What does it take to get in the video.

Ed

Ed,

Someone to pay for it. I talked to them last year about it, but it was a bit too pricey for an individual(at least me) to pay for. Maybe we should have been looking for a video sponsor ?? It sure would be nice to have a GTS video. Maybe we can take all out in-car stuff and get someone to edit it.....

-Scott

It sure would be nice to have a GTS video. Maybe we can take all out in-car stuff and get someone to edit it.....

-Scott

Check with Finishline Productions. They do a lot of video stuff for NASA-MA CMC, AI, and Spec Miata. One of the guys is a CMC racer and the other is in HPDEs. http://www.finishlineprod.net/

Scott,

What kind of $ are we talking about. What level of sponsor do we need.

CDOC, Pelican Parts, ...

Maybe we can start thinking of next year now.

Ed

60 cars x $500 each ....

Wow.

Scott,

What kind of $ are we talking about. What level of sponsor do we need.

CDOC, Pelican Parts, ...

Maybe we can start thinking of next year now.

Ed

60 cars x $500 each ....

Wow.

Ed,

Last year I think it was around 3.5k to 4K depending on how many cameras and how many cars carried them. It would probably be hard to get the racers to contribute much since only a few select cars would carry cameras. The other thing is how to decide who gets to carry the cameras. I sent them an email just to see. I'll let you know if they get back to me.

-Scott

Well, I do not see why we would have you carry one. No need to see open track in front of the car all weekend long. I know I do not want to carry one. I would rather see my car from the outside then in car. Heck, I have plenty of video of me going around from inside my own car.

I will have to pull out last years video to see what it looks like. Hard to remember.

Ed

I know a lot of us run cameras. I'd like to have a GTS video too. I think we could make this a group effort....

If we combine our collected video and perhaps have a few crew members shoot some external video I imagine we could come up with something that's worth watching...

You know, I had an extra camera with me in Aug. I was thinking of having one of the guys video at least at 7. Maybe one at 7 and one at thunder valley.,

Ed

Eric, I have no idea how to pull something like this off...

OK, here's what I recommend:

Get as many people as possible to run their own in-car cameras.

I can provide 2 professional cameras to shoot ground-to-car, paddock, interviews, bier garten, etc, we just need to hire the shooters.

I'll take all of the footage, including in-car (you can send them to me after you download them yourself), and edit.

Editing will take a LOT of time. Just dumping the footage into my system could take 100 hours. Then the fun begins...

I can burn them to DVD, and include a nice label and box.

I'd need a commitment of a m inimum of 100 DVD's at $45 each.

Just FYI, I'm not a "Weddings and Bar Mitzvah's" video production company. I'm a freelance cinematographer, and mainly shoot high-end commercials for national clients. So no cheesy frame wipes and Atari graphics here. For some examples of my work, check out my website at http://www.maxfischer.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know what you guys think! max

Edited by Guest

I am not much of an editor, but I'd be happy to video some paddock, grid and from vantage points around the track. Anyone think maybe I could get a pass that would let me use the photo holes in madness or carousel?

I have the equipment to do a video but it is really slow and time consuming to import, edit, etc.

I have been told to take part of the production at Nat's would be around $3k-$4k. Surely most of us wouldn't mind coming up with $75.- to $100.- more than we are already spending to help make it happen unless someone has a sponsor that would pitch in for a bigger chunk.

Let's do it guys.

Karl

I have been told to take part of the production at Nat's would be around $3k-$4k. Surely most of us wouldn't mind coming up with $75.- to $100.- more than we are already spending to help make it happen unless someone has a sponsor that would pitch in for a bigger chunk.

Let's do it guys.

Karl

What will we get for this? Will it be our whole race, paddock, interviews, etc? And will we then have to pay for the DVD's on top of that?

I'm not trying to compete with them (and I'm not dying to do the project), but if we did something ourselves, it would be all about us....

Let's do it guys.

Karl

What will we get for this? Will it be our whole race, paddock, interviews, etc? And will we then have to pay for the DVD's on top of that?

I'm not trying to compete with them (and I'm not dying to do the project), but if we did something ourselves, it would be all about us....

The ones i've seen from last year, they covered the race from some in-car stuff, to cameras around parts of the track. They had announcers and some interviews from the paddock and the grid. They were included in the DVD we get from NASA after the nationals.

Sent Speedcast a email, see what the have to say.

-Scott

If someone on here can do the legwork to get this going, I'll pitch in $500.- from my shop even though business sucks right now.

Karl

PS I think time is of the essence