Championship Video - No GTS

911.racer

Got mine in just now.

Any idea how we are doing ?

Thanks

Ed (Ed Baus)

Thanks for the positive response guys. I just got home and as of right now(incl. a transaction that will take place first thing tomorrow AM) we are at $2100.-.

The 3 cameras(there may be more but no guarantee) have been spoken for by major contributors that stepped up in bigger form. I hope no one minds that I asked for one of them and my answer was YES. lol

As far as overage is concerned (if applicable) I agree it needs to be handled properly. I don't particularly enjoy handling the money of others and I am open for suggestions. We could use the money for food and drinks at the track, proper trophies (in case they suck again), it could be averaged out and refunds be given to those that paid more, etc.

But let's get this out of the way first and thanks to Mark for getting the word out and Jeremy Croiset@Nasa for assisting in this matter.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clutchless Bastard

• Eric W.

• scottbm3

• 911.racer

IN From Picelle.

Scott, just send your stimulus check and one set of new hoosiers!

Carl, as always, you're a big help in these matters!

I'm in for $100.

Karl,

I'm in for $100. Please email me your address as I'd rather send a check than paypal.

[email protected]

Brad

Same here. Id rather give you cash or check than 3% to PP.

Don't worry about the 3%. I'll cover it if I have to. I won't let $3.- a pop blow our deal.

As of now we are up to $2560.-

Karl

• Members
Karl,

I'm in for $100. Please email me your address as I'd rather send a check than paypal.

[email protected]

Brad

Same here. Id rather give you cash or check than 3% to PP.

Don't worry about the 3%. I'll cover it if I have to. I won't let $3.- a pop blow our deal.

As of now we are up to $2560.-

Karl

Well.. there are other reasons too, but Ill let my PP hate slide on this one Sending this afternoon for you.

Karl,

I didn't care about the 3%, I'm just the only person in America without a paypal account.

Brad

No worries Brad. I also consider myself electronically challenged. lol.

The fact that you stood next to me on the podium last year makes you alright in my book.

Karl

PS $2660.-

Lights, Camera, Action.

We pulled it off. $3060.- as of tonite. It's a go.

Jeremy will be receiving a check from me and he has given me his verbal OK that the production will take place.

Thank you very much to all that pitched in and did so in a timely fashion. Now I know where to go to when my kids need new shoes, ha.

I would like to get a thread going that lists all the drivers that participated as your email address and real name may not match. I asked Jeremy to try to have the names included as credits for making the production possible. He said , he thinks that can be done.

Now all I have to do is get my car into the shop and start working on it. If it wasn't for the last minute I would never get anything done.

See you guys at MO.

VERY EXCITING!

From one Carl to another Karl...

Thanks for being the inspiration on this. You brought a lot of like minds together really quick. GTS amazes me year after year. Premier Series, you bet'cha, and plenty of premier people!

Karl,

Thanks for all your hard work to get this done and handling the funds. Glad to see GTS will be represented in the NASA dvd. Hopefully we'll get some good race footage.

-Scott

WOW!! ...I honestly had NO clue this was getting put together.

Like others, I was quite miffed by the email announcement of the Speedcast productions video and how GTS was NOT included.

I see that the $$$$$$ is already there and we're set to get a video produced for GTS - awesome...so now that I'm a bit late in the game, I guess I should ask how much to secure a DVD of the video when it's all over said and done with?

I have been off the forums for about two weeks due to work and car issues - so let me know what the rest of us who didn't get involved in the original contributing can do to help offset or create an "overage" so others can get a portion refunded or we can throw it into a big party at the track??

Thanks again Karl, cool to see you'll be in GTS2 - NOT!! ...cuz I'm skeered now.

Way to go Karl! Excited to see how the video turns out.

Looking at the new entry list there will be-

GTS5- 5

GTS4- 13

GTS3- 16

GTS2- 12

GTS1- 8

Hopefully GTS4 will be getting good exposure in the DVD since they have 2 biggest group.

Thanks again Karl, cool to see you'll be in GTS2 - NOT!! ...cuz I'm skeered now.

Jeff, I am looking forward to running with you. You are an inspiration to me.

Karl

GTS5- 5

GTS4- 13

GTS3- 16

GTS2- 12

GTS1- 8

Hopefully GTS4 will be getting good exposure in the DVD since they have 2 biggest group.

You are correct but all the donations that had been made were based on the previous tally and that was GTS2 and GTS3. It wouldn't be fair to change the rules last minute. I hope you understand.

Plus, the cameras have been assigned to GTS2 and GTS3 based on funding and it is too late to change that also.

Sorry

Once again, thanks, Karl for making this happen - and to everyone for more of that camaraderie that makes GTS such a great bunch of people to go racing with!!! (Hmmm - a handy sentiment to cut & paste into the John Haas steaks thread!)

GTS5- 5

GTS4- 12

GTS3- 16

GTS2- 12

GTS1- 8

Maybe in my old age my eyes are bad, but in Mark Barr's entry post I counted 12 in both GTS2 and 4 so they are tied unless something has changed. It's good to see the entries in 4 and 5 go up. GTS is getting bigger and better all the time.

-Scott

GTS5- 5

GTS4- 12

GTS3- 16

GTS2- 12

GTS1- 8

I'd hate to see how fast you would have been at MO last month with better eyesight. lol.

Karl

Maybe in my old age my eyes are bad, but in Mark Barr's entry post I counted 12 in both GTS2 and 4 so they are tied unless something has changed. It's good to see the entries in 4 and 5 go up. GTS is getting bigger and better all the time.

-Scott