Championship Video - No GTS

911.racer

Jeff, I am looking forward to running with you. You are an inspiration to me.

Karl

I know what you're trying to do Karl! ...trying to psych me out might work, after all Jim got to me last year.

Back to my original question, for those of us that didn't catch the post in time to contribute, will we be able to procure a copy of the video by purchasing one or adding to the contribution??

Is there anyone out there that has an extra QUIET generator that we can snake power from next week?? I went to buy one of those quiet Honda IU3000 jobbies but with the impending tropical storm that may jump back into a Cat. I hurricane, the local suppliers are OUT.

I live in Va. Beach and it looks like we're going to catch a direct hit.

I usually borrow one from a good friend of mine, but with Hanna bearing down on us and the possibility of Ike being on that bitch's tail a few days later - nobody wants to give theirs up! ...which is understandable.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clutchless Bastard

• Eric W.

• scottbm3

• 911.racer

Karl

I know what you're trying to do Karl! ...trying to psych me out might work, after all Jim got to me last year.

Back to my original question, for those of us that didn't catch the post in time to contribute, will we be able to procure a copy of the video by purchasing one or adding to the contribution??

Is there anyone out there that has an extra QUIET generator that we can snake power from next week?? I went to buy one of those quiet Honda IU3000 jobbies but with the impending tropical storm that may jump back into a Cat. I hurricane, the local suppliers are OUT.

I usually borrow one from a good friend of mine, but with Hanna bearing down on us and the possibility of Ike being on that bitch's tail a few days later - nobody wants to give theirs up! ...which is understandable.

Jeff,

The race will be included on the NASA Nationals dvd that they send to all the racers. Don't have any lines on any generators, sorry

-Scott

• Members

Jeff,

I think Karl is still taking money. If any extra is there at the end, I think ther ewas mention of something for the winners or maybe redistribute back to everyone

Jeff:

Did you check with Honda dealers inland? The 3kw is quiet but nothing like the 2kw...as you hardly hear it 20 feet away but it depends on what you will use it for. You might be able to find one on you way tghere and fick it up. There is a dealer in Cincinnati you might try Smith custom serv @ 513-625-9000

Mike

Jeff,

I think Karl is still taking money. If any extra is there at the end, I think ther ewas mention of something for the winners or maybe redistribute back to everyone

I wish I was still taking money but when we hit the $3060.- mark it stopped. Unless anyone objects I was thinking of applying the extra $60.- to cover all the CC and paypal fees which actually were more than that.

Karl

Karl

Jeff, I'll make you a deal. Since I always show up late to every race because I can't seem to separate myself from my shop until the last minute, I will be hurting for a parking spot. If you could possibly try to save me a spot next to you, you are more than welcome to anything I bring (my wife won't be there, lol)

I have a loud 8500W generator that I got running last night since it hasn't ben used in years and I have a brandnew 1000W quiet Honda that I never used(someone owed me $$ and gave it to me in exchange)I'll have both with me.

What do you think?huh, huh, huh?

Jeff, I'll make you a deal. Since I always show up late to every race because I can't seem to separate myself from my shop until the last minute, I will be hurting for a parking spot. If you could possibly try to save me a spot next to you, you are more than welcome to anything I bring (my wife won't be there, lol)

Karl, generator or not, I would be more than happy to save you a spot.

Jason and I plan on leaving around 5-6am on Wed. so we'll get there a bit over 10hrs later, considering fuel stops, etc.

Usually I try and snake a spot between two motorhomes (for the shade) but we'll figure something out. Do you have a good sized canopy?? ...just trying to figure how much width of space to get for both of us.

I have a 24ft. trailer, 10'x10' (I know...lame) canopy and an F250, let me know if you have something considerably longer than that as I'll have to park differently, the lanes fit my F250/trailer just perfectly with a little bit of room for vehicles to go up/down the crappy access roads.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A BETTER ROUTE - rather than me hopping on I-95N. towards Summit Point (up 17) onto 81 into Md. then through Breezewood to the Pa. Turnpike and over??

I am hesitant to try a "better" route because this is how I've gone so far...but something tells me there's a way to avoid the $50+ worth of tolls and so forth to get to Mid-Ohio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MikeW968, I actually thought of calling up some Honda dealers over in those parts, but I think the $$$$$$$$ just isn't there. I have a regular 'ol 3500W Briggs generator from Lowes or some place but it was suggested that it was a bit LOUD to run at night, the first Nationals in 2006 - loud is an understatement...plus it would only run 2hrs or so and run empty on gas.

Well, the verdict is in, Hanna was a BIG F'n PUSSY of a storm, just got 40+mph winds and some rain, no big deal...I actually got to stay home rather then go to work, etc. and got some garage time in on the car...not enough though, have to crank away today as well, decided to change my balljoints and some little stuff.

See you all there! ...I think it's great that we got the video together and the Sat. night festivities - bravo to those of you who pulled it off.

Karl, generator or not, I would be more than happy to save you a spot.

Jason and I plan on leaving around 5-6am on Wed. so we'll get there a bit over 10hrs later, considering fuel stops, etc.

Usually I try and snake a spot between two motorhomes (for the shade) but we'll figure something out. Do you have a good sized canopy?? ...just trying to figure how much width of space to get for both of us.

I have a 24ft. trailer, 10'x10' (I know...lame) canopy and an F250, let me know if you have something considerably longer than that as I'll have to park differently, the lanes fit my F250/trailer just perfectly with a little bit of room for vehicles to go up/down the crappy access roads.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A BETTER ROUTE - rather than me hopping on I-95N. towards Summit Point (up 17) onto 81 into Md. then through Breezewood to the Pa. Turnpike and over??

I am hesitant to try a "better" route because this is how I've gone so far...but something tells me there's a way to avoid the $50+ worth of tolls and so forth to get to Mid-Ohio. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff, it appears that mine is just a little bigger than yours. I have a 26" trailer, a 10'x10' easyup and an Excursion. We should park in opposite directions so we can join the easyups together and our doors will be facing each other.

Thanks

Most non-quiet type gens are very loud to run all night. The Honda is OK but it is best if you use idle control...the only problem is if whatever you are using cycles on and off. The temps look very cool at night so more heaters than fan I would imagine.

Mike

Yeah, the Honda IU3000 I borrowed for the Nationals last year had the idle control...man, that was SO sweet, the generator would idle only fast enough to provide power for what I was using.

I want to buy one, but $1,900 is just a bit spendy for me at the moment...I'm not going to buy anything less than a 3000...considered a 2000 but just not enough to power the AC/Heat in my trailer and anything else.

Karl, I'll have a spot for you, will bring some cones and block off the "GTS2 Southerners" paddock.

• Members

Jeff,

You can swing over I68, it has no tolls and is only a little longer.

Yeah, the Honda IU3000 I borrowed for the Nationals last year had the idle control...man, that was SO sweet, the generator would idle only fast enough to provide power for what I was using.

I want to buy one, but $1,900 is just a bit spendy for me at the moment...I'm not going to buy anything less than a 3000...considered a 2000 but just not enough to power the AC/Heat in my trailer and anything else.

Karl, I'll have a spot for you, will bring some cones and block off the "GTS2 Southerners" paddock.

Thank You Jeff

Jeff,

When you get to I-81 in Winchester, take 522 north to Hancock MD where you catch I-68 that Eric is talking about. I take 522 every time I go to Summit. FYI, there is very little construction on the PA turnpike right now between Breezewood and Ohio. Only a 2 mile section near Pittsburgh which slows you down just a little and then a 10 mile section near Ohio that doesn't slow you down at all. Also, when heading east from Ohio into PA on the Pike, there is a $9 toll for the first 30 miles of the PA pike. Heading west, that 30 miles is free. ($9 for my pickup puilling an open trailer, a motor home and trailer may be a couple bucks more) You still have the big hills on I-68 as you have on the TP. It's really a coin toss.

• Members

Jeff,

When you get to I-81 in Winchester, take 522 north to Hancock MD where you catch I-68 that Eric is talking about. I take 522 every time I go to Summit. FYI, there is very little construction on the PA turnpike right now between Breezewood and Ohio. Only a 2 mile section near Pittsburgh which slows you down just a little and then a 10 mile section near Ohio that doesn't slow you down at all. Also, when heading east from Ohio into PA on the Pike, there is a $9 toll for the first 30 miles of the PA pike. Heading west, that 30 miles is free. ($9 for my pickup puilling an open trailer, a motor home and trailer may be a couple bucks more) You still have the big hills on I-68 as you have on the TP. It's really a coin toss.

DAYUM! I was wondering where that extra charge was coming from! I might take PA Turnpike up and 68 home then. Only problem w/ that is there are barely any rest stops and Im sure Im going to need to stop for naps coming home!

Thanks for the driving route tips guys...I just HATE paying tolls like $9, $14 and so forth...hey, a few $$$$$$ here and there, no problem...but it really added up to some ridiculous amount last year.

I'll see you all there.

Again, plan to get there by 5pm if possible...shouldn't be a problem and have some parking lot block off rods to save spots.

BY THE WAY: my friend gave up his Honda IU3000 to me earlier today - awesome, I love that little $1,900 gem.