National gate hours

mikew968

I was reviewing the event reg V3.23 and it says registration is open until 9pm Wednesday. Later in section 17 it say MO gates will close on September 10th at 6pm and not be open until 7am. Should that have been September 9th?

Mike

You are right I am more confused than before!!! How can the registration be open until 9pm but the gate closes at 6pm and does not open until 7am the next day?

To add to the fog...

Mid-Ohio may not let anyone in after 6:00pm. I have seen this before - while registration may still be open, Mid-Ohio staff can make you park in the grass and wait until morning before being allowed actual access to the track. The only advantage, if this is the case, would be that you already have your credentials and can just drive right in when they "open the gates" at 7:00. If you didn't make registration the night before, you will be waiting in the registration line at 7:00.

• Members
To add to the fog...

Mid-Ohio may not let anyone in after 6:00pm. I have seen this before - while registration may still be open, Mid-Ohio staff can make you park in the grass and wait until morning before being allowed actual access to the track. The only advantage, if this is the case, would be that you already have your credentials and can just drive right in when they "open the gates" at 7:00. If you didn't make registration the night before, you will be waiting in the registration line at 7:00.

Wait, so if you make it in time on Weds, register, etc. Then go out to dinner, you cant get back in?

Here is what I consider an "official" answer. I'll be there Monday morning with this printed out in case they give me a problem. This was sent last night by Ryan Flaherty to those who bought pavement:

Also, Mid Ohio asked us to convey this note regarding parking:

> Anyone wanting to come in on Monday and is parking in the

> grass paddock or have a garage can come in after 7am.

> If they are in the middle or upper paddock – they will have to

> be staged until NASA has marked the paddock and can park

> them (we will stage them up by Guest Services)…no definite

> time can be confirmed on this obviously.

>

>

> If they are taking the school and are parking in the middle or

> upper paddock – they have to set up in the grass until they are

> parked by NASA.

We don't expect to have the paddock laid out until mid day on Monday. Thus, if you arrive early tell them you have your assigned space and are to report to Gene Hoesman for direction.

John Graber

Here is the deal.....and don't shoot the messenger.

You can not get track access until you go through registration.

Registration Hours as follows:

WED 11:00am - 9:00pm

THUR 7:30am - 2:00pm

FRI 7:30am - 9:30pm

Track Access / Gate Hours

WED 7:00am - 6:00pm

THUR 7:00am & remain open with 24 hour access for all participants

So, the potential problems are showing up Wed between 6-9:00pm, registering and not being able to access the track. Showing up late Wednesday night and not being able to register or gain track access. Looks like Thursday morning will be very busy. Perhaps someone will figure out how to open the track Wednesday and keep it open 24 hours per day.......

Not shooting the messenger, but why would they not let people who have registered into the track from 6-9pm Wednesday? Over the years I've arrived at the track for regional events at all hours of the day and night and never been denied access, so it seems odd they would start this now.

JonathanDavis

So registration won't be open until 7:30am on Thursday. And our Time Trial driver's meeting is supposed to start at... 7:30am on Thursday.

Am I the only one seeing a problem here?

John:

Thank you for clarifing. So I guess it will be important to get there by 3 or 4 to make sure I get registered and in the gate by 6pm!! This does seem like an odd way to do things.

Mike

CARVAL Motorsports

I got put out last year. Got in late Wednesday, probably around 8, and had to park by the main entrance gate. I was talking by phone with people parked in the grass holding a spot and waiting for me, relayed this to the gate personnel, but it made no difference to them. I am hoping to get there before noon on Wednesday this year