2008 GTS-3 National Championship Video

scottbm3

Holy crap, my heart is racing after watching that. Dayum dude. BTW, we'll continue to work on some set up stuff but if you try to keep all 4 wheels on the ground that will help. ; )

Nice job Scott, nice job.

Cheers.

Haven't watched the in car yet but I was watching you in Madness. I am not sure but I don't think the curbs on a road course are supposed to be used as ramps. We should start calling you Scotty Chitwood.

WOW

Hey Scott, why did you lie to the officials at the track and say your video did not work??

I love the part at 31.33 when you chop in front of Randy and hit him. And then when you put him 4 wheels off the track at 31.44. That’s some Great driving!! Win at all cost!!!

Your dangerous and your gonna kill someone some day.

I also love how NASA supports contact. I guess they are becoming the next SCCA.

I love the part at 31.33 when you chop in front of Randy and hit him. And then when you put him 4 wheels off the track at 31.44. That’s some Great driving!! Win at all cost!!!

I don't know what video you were watching, but that was a VERY optimistic move that Randy made going into turn 11, and again in turn 12. What, were you expecting the door to be left open on the last lap of the championship race? You're either suffering from stupidity or sour grapes. I'm not sure which.

WOW

Hey Scott, why did you lie to the officials at the track and say your video did not work??

I also love how NASA supports contact. I guess they are becoming the next SCCA.

Nice first post...

Scott ran a great race and congratulations to him for it.

We set my car up to be faster in the later part of the race and it is obvious by how I could place my car under and over Scott through most of the turns. When I was in the lead lapped traffic played a huge role and coupled with some fluid down in T1 Scott was able to get back by and then I believe the race was cut a little short due to power outage.

Scott ran a good solid race, he just wanted to win it a little bit more than I did as evidenced at 29:31, 31:32, and 31:41 in his video. He did a fantastic job at it and now we all know what it takes to win it next year...

Ian, though my gearbox issues put me a few spots out of the podium battle, I did take note of - and appreciated - your efforts to leave room for everyone whenever I saw you (which was true of a lot of the GTS traffic on Sunday).

I also noted your CO license plate - thanks also for making the long haul to Mid-Oh!!!

WOW

Barry,

Those are some pretty bold and out of line statements to make, especially from someone from the best of my knowledge has never turned a competetive lap in GTS.

That is not true. I asked the director if he wanted to see my video and he replied that he didnt at the time. As everyone knows I always have video and always post mine for everyone to see. In addition at my personal expense I also had a Speedcast chasecam camera on my car and that was available also. Maybe you were misinformed but your statement is not true.

Ok, I did not chop down on Randy. He was behind me coming to the apex. I was on a tight line to turn 11 and I had the apex and he tried to stick his car where there was no room to go. I've since looked at my car again and looked at my video in high resolution on a big screen tv. He came in and first hit my rear bumper and as I was starting to slide hit me again between the rear bumper and the rear wheel. Luckily I was able to regain control of my car and continue on and not spin into the outside concrete wall causing major car damage and possible personal injury to myself. I did not change my line after the hit, Randy decided to try the outside which was not there. Had he not hit me he would have never had the opportunity to get to that spot on the track. At anytime he had he option to back out and fall in behind and try to pass at the next corner. He chose not to, once again not my fault.

Your dangerous and your gonna kill someone some day

In the last 3 + years I've raced in over 40 NASA GTS races and numerous BMW Club races. I've never had a problem with anyone else and though I race hard I'm not reckless as you state. Please check with all the guys I've raced with and see if any of them come to the same conclusion as you. I know what its like to have a fellow racer and friend lose his life on the race track and I would NEVER put someone in that situation and have to live with myself.

I also love how NASA supports contact. I guess they are becoming the next SCCA

They do not support contact nor do they support unsportsmanlike conduct on or off the track. If you guys raced with them more than a few times in the past you would know this. I will say NASA and GTS are seperate and rules apply differently to each situation.

I normally wouldn't respond to a post like this, but you have made statements about me and my character and personal reputation that are flat out untrue, and the people who actually know me know what kind of person I am. I will not get into any further internet debate about it, but need to set the record straight.

Congrats to Randy on his second place finish and to Eric Wong for third.

Respectfully, Scott B.

From what I can see on the video, I think the attempt to pass late in the race that caused the contact was optimistic at best. Scott held the line he had been running almost the entire race. I did not see a "chop". However, I'd be interested in seeing Randy's video to see if it changes my mind.

My experience has been, and others will likely agree, that Scott B. can be very hard to pass unless he wants to let you by. He never leaves the door open. I think he would have had to have left the door open in order to chop. That said, I think he "drives wide" within the rules and I will say I've learned a lot about race craft following him around.

Randy drove a great race and kept the pressure up. Lapped traffic and that little bobble in turn 1 led to the outcome, IMHO.

That's my 2 cents.

Scott:

I certainly support and believe all that you have said here and I have been in a lot of races with you over the last 3 years.

Ditto, Scott - having traded spots up and down the GTS3 podiums and region/national championships with you over the past three years, I couldn't agree more. Also, and though I don't want to promote any Internet arguments, I will say that the your video - the only one I've seen so far - of the T11 hit looks completely incontrovertible: nice defensive, tight line into the corner, and fantastic save after hit!

All that said - here's another round of congratulations to all three GTS3 competitors, to the other GTS podium finishers and to everyone who ran a clean and honest race as well!!! Wherever it may be, looking forward to next year's GTS Nationals!

My experience has been, and others will likely agree, that Scott B. can be very hard to pass
absolutely agree

...unless he wants to let you by.
disagree - it can be done (albeit rarely); I have proof!

Randy drove a great race and kept the pressure up.

agree (save for that T11 business)

Scott,

Enough said about the video...........I've been on track with you for 2 years now and if anything, you've saved my bacon a few times when I was a green racer and did a couple of things that could have been disastrous not knowing you were passing. You are certainly in the category of racers I feel 100% comforable being on track with and you have taught me a few things, just by watching you. Congratulations on a well deserved win. I don't think anyone in GTS, "hangs them out there" more than you, but I've never seen you pull anything I would call dangerous, just aggressive. Isn't that what racing is?. Good job.

Brad

I agree with what Sacha and John have had to say.

Scott is a very good driver. There were plenty of opportunities to pass including one that Randy took advantage of.

Scott did an excellent job of planning the lapped traffic in turn one so even if Randy did not wiggle I think that Scott would have gotten the spot back.

Nothing against Randy either. Best I can tell, he is not here talking this up. Randy ran a great race and did get aggressive towards the end (as we all would have). Not saying he did, but I would have had a time of it keeping the red mist at bay.

I have a car/motor combination that I have de-tuned greatly so that I can run in GTS3. Not just becasue the numbers are higher then GTS4, but because I crave the competition of Scott, Sean, and Sacha (now I need to include Eric in that group).

Ed Baus