'08 Nationals in Car Video from H1 2nd place finisher, #727

jmeris

Here's my complete incar video of Sunday's Championship Race.

You can see, I gave a few guys a "love tap"-sorry guys

Great close, clean racing with Brain Shanfield in the TL and with Graham (which happens after the full course yellow at about 15:50 into the vid.)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2608765843413427484&ei=dFvQSNtImdaoA9Kp0bkC&q=jonathan+meris+honda+challenge&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to Finish Line Productions for the great shots below-

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_252.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_253.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_254.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_255.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_256.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_257.jpg

C_SUN_RACE_IMG_258.jpg

jmeris

Your video reminds me of how piss poor my gearing was for Mid-O. The right damn gear is sitting on a shelf here which makes it even worse. With my driving I couldn't afford to lose any drag races.

Good race Jonathan.

-Chris

[edit, 2nd guessing spelling of Jonathan]

Congratulations! Meris

You made it an awesome race. It was bumper to bumper for about 4-5 laps. The crowd were loving it, and it was super clean...unlike the pack behind you. Didn't do my heart and nerves much good I might say

Car sounded and looked awesome. Norcal 1&2, what a day!!!

Liam

Redstone Motors

Awesome video.so cool to see the camera from your car.its crazy how fast your car is on the straight!

Thanks for racing me so clean, its been my most fun race ever in honda challenge yet!

Awesome video.so cool to see the camera from your car.its crazy how fast your car is on the straight!

Thanks for racing me so clean, its been my most fun race ever in honda challenge yet!

You better hurry up and post your video, champ

Your video reminds me of how pee-piddily-diddily poor my gearing was for Mid-O. The right damn gear is sitting on a shelf here which makes it even worse. With my driving I couldn't afford to lose any drag races.

Good race Jonathan.

-Chris

[edit, 2nd guessing spelling of Jonathan]

I know how you feel, in '06 and '07, I was using the wrong final drive too.

Good racin' with you too, Chris. Sorry to see what happened to your car.

jmeris

Meris, hell of a start. Your car sounds awesome. Congrats on the podium again.

Congratulations! Meris

You made it an awesome race. It was bumper to bumper for about 4-5 laps. The crowd were loving it, and it was super clean...unlike the pack behind you. Didn't do my heart and nerves much good I might say

Car sounded and looked awesome. Norcal 1&2, what a day!!!

Liam

Redstone Motors

Damn that was a hell of a race!

That another famous Meris B20?

Thanks gents! It was a great race. I'm just glad I didn't get caught up in the chaos behind me.

The cool sounds came from a freshly built B20 (I still don't think it's really broken in yet.) And yes Chris/Zook, it was the same B20 you saw me dyno'ing at Shads a couple weeks ago

Bad ass race and video dude! I am still pumped from watching it. Amazing race guys. Jon you were freakin jammin.

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

Yeah, that's one of my best Honda Challenge races I've ever raced too. Definately my best race at Nationals. Next time Graham, I won't leave so much room for you to get through at the exit of Turn 7

Devin-now that Nationals is at Miller, are you staying in H1? B20 again?

That TL has way more balls than I expected, especially under braking. Isn't that classed at 2850lbs?

Yeah the TL surprised me too. It's definately faster and brake's better that it did in '06 & '07. When I talked to Brian S. before the championship race, he said that they put better brakes (removed the stocks) on the TL's, but had to add on weight. This year's TL weighed in OVER 3100lbs. (3105lbs. after the Championship race, IIRC).

jmeris

That TL has way more balls than I expected, especially under braking. Isn't that classed at 2850lbs?

I think it weighs 3000 lbs.

But he also have a very good ABS system

I am getting my B20 replaced. My engine builder is funding the whole thing. Hopefully, this one lasts longer. However, I will probably go B17 for H2 next year. I am considering nationals.

Dev

Gratz on your 2nd place finish!!

I think the McKinney RaceWorks spherical bearings on your front end made all the difference.

My 2nd place finish?!!! Congrats on your 1st place H2 finish-National Champ!!

I watched your video:

Great drive. Honestly, you made it look easy for yourself. You were definately fast through madness and thunder valley.

And yes, the McKinney Raceworks spherical bearings made all the difference!!!

jmeris

p.s. did you get my voicemail yesterday?

I am getting my B20 replaced. My engine builder is funding the whole thing. Hopefully, this one lasts longer. However, I will probably go B17 for H2 next year. I am considering nationals.

Dev

B17 should be interesting did you submit a rules request for it yet?

No rules request yet. I better do it soon because if they restrict the crap out of the B17 I will not run at all. I think it should get exactly what the B16 gets but weigh a bit more (2275). The B17 has crappy cams, 9.7 compression, and does not rev nearly as well as the B16. The only thing the B17 has on the B16 is 5 foot pounds of torque. We will see what the powers that be will say.

Devin

No rules request yet. I better do it soon because if they restrict the crap out of the B17 I will not run at all. I think it should get exactly what the B16 gets but weigh a bit more (2275). The B17 has crappy cams, 9.7 compression, and does not rev nearly as well as the B16. The only thing the B17 has on the B16 is 5 foot pounds of torque. We will see what the powers that be will say.

Devin

I think they should give it unrestricted cams. With the braintrust we have we drafting our rules, that should be a problem.