NorCal H2 at the oct 4-5 backwards t-hill

mikeski38

I'm way pumped for my first H2 weekend. Got the 25 hour motor in there so the green goblin will be H2. It'll still be entered in H1 to keep up my season points, but Running the newly homologated H23 non vtec, we'll see you it goes. Who's gunna make it out?

Graham, you should bring out an H2 car as well, is your hatch ready?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstone

• Andrie

• John A

• ekim952522000

I will not be driving this event, the blown motor at the last event set me back a bit more then expected. Derek and I are in the process of piecing together another B18B, but the cost was a little higher then I had initially expected...and I'm taking a vacation in SoCal the following weekend that was planned a few months ago, so it's either race, or cancel my trip to see my cousin and a few friends, which really isn't an option.

Baring any weird happenings, I'll be at the November 7-8th event at Sears Point.

I am going to run with you guys on Sunday the 5th...it will be my first race, so I just want to chill and finish w/o incident. The CRX seems to be running well, oil burning gremlins sorted...knock on wood. I will be racing with ARC at thunderhill this friday (exhibition race), so I'll get a chance to see if the car is working.

im still recovering from some surgery...but i will be there and in H1

i wont be 100% and i dont think the car is either...it stalled on me driving through the paddock after sundays race and would not restart

i have not been able to look at it yet hopefully this weekend.

would anybody know why it would keep popping out of 4th gear when i release the clutch????

would anybody know why it would keep popping out of 4th gear when i release the clutch????

I need to fix my gearbox before i go! (was popping out of 4th at Nationals)

Hmmmmm....

I should be there too. Putting the car back together this week.

Not the way this one is built. You don't want this motor Chris:) It makes 196 WHP and 133 torque on a dynojet. Won't matter for me in my first and only H1 race As I just want tostay out of everyone's way and finish clean!:)

I'm just running it a few more times then selling it, as I'd like to build up 2 B20Z motors.

I guess I can be there in H1 but it looks highly doubtful. The car is has been sitting since it came off the truck, with all my gear in it from Mid-Ohio. All I really need is a new front bumper. The last bumper has a hole/crack in it from all the pushing I had to do at nationals to get to the front

jmeris

I guess I can be there in H1 but it looks highly doubtful. The car is has been sitting since it came off the truck, with all my gear in it from Mid-Ohio. All I really need is a new front bumper. The last bumper has a hole/crack in it from all the pushing I had to do at nationals to get to the front

jmeris

Now your starting to sound like Devin! A crack won't hurt anything. Just run it as is!

Not the way this one is built. You don't want this motor Chris:) It makes 196 WHP and 133 torque on a dynojet. Won't matter for me in my first and only H1 race As I just want tostay out of everyone's way and finish clean!:)

I'm just running it a few more times then selling it, as I'd like to build up 2 B20Z motors.

That's about the amount of power that my street car made with H2 legal mods, which wasn't built to the limit of the rules.

do you know what is wrong with it?

first of all it's not legal even for H1, as it has built internals. I'm just fun-running with you guys because of that, not that it matters as I will not figure in the outcome of the race. But that's it. It runs strong, it's just illegal. Had soem oil leaks but I got those sorted, as they were coming from the oil pan gasket and the way ther catch can was routed. If it was legal I would not be able to run a B18C at the proper weight in a CRX w/o adding a lotr of weight. My car weighs about 2300 w me in it.

No more for me this season I am in the process of building a different car

(I know I am dumb) I am building a ITR that will be legal to run SCCA and NASA things are working out to where I should be able to do a ton of racing next year (and hopefully getting allot of coaching for me and Lenna)and I really want to have a car exactly how I want it and there are just things about the hatch that bug me. I will be selling the shell of the hatch minus the suspension and engine for very cheap if someone is interested.

Here is what my garage currently looks like.

photo.jpg

Now your starting to sound like Devin! A crack won't hurt anything. Just run it as is!

Sorry! I like to look at my car just as much as I race it. For some reason, I always get negative comments for having a nice race car. In my opinion, a nice car reflects well on a race series. Graham, I seem to remember a H1 1999 civic Si getting it's front lip repainted very recently. A couple chips in the paint won't hurt anything. Lol!

Devin Raynal

H1 civic si #6

The dentpro work could be better. Might need Active Auto Body to fix the door in the off season. B17 comes first though. Mike, have you dynoed the H23 non-vtec? That should be a killer set up.

Devin

The dentpro work could be better. Might need Active Auto Body to fix the door in the off season. B17 comes first though. Mike, have you dynoed the H23 non-vtec? That should be a killer set up.

Devin

Not yet, I'll have to build a header for it first.