• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redstone

• Andrie

• John A

• ekim952522000

why can't you use your H22-H23 header?

the h23 nonvtec is the red headed step child of that family of motors. wait tell you see this thing it is GOOFY looking

:( No more for me this season I am in the process of building a different car

(I know I am dumb) I am building a ITR that will be legal to run SCCA and NASA things are working out to where I should be able to do a ton of racing next year (and hopefully getting allot of coaching for me and Lenna)and I really want to have a car exactly how I want it and there are just things about the hatch that bug me. I will be selling the shell of the hatch minus the suspension and engine for very cheap if someone is interested.

Here is what my garage currently looks like.

photo.jpg

WHAT???

You don't even want to finish out the season with the hatch? Man, you guys were all about H2 and running the whole season. You only ran 3 weekends. What happened?

Nothing really... to be honest I completed my goal for this season which was just to get out there and make it threw my first 4 races I did 5 so I am happy with that. The hatch can't do everything I want to, so when I spotted the deal on this ITR shell I went for it. Next year there is a much bigger plan with a major part of it being to make allot of races and get allot of coaching to find some speed I have shown myself I can make it threw a race now I would like to be in one.

why can't you use your H22-H23 header?

the h23 nonvtec is the red headed step child of that family of motors. wait tell you see this thing it is GOOFY looking

I used this engine back in my import drag racing days. The H23a1 (non-vtec) engine is kind of the oddball of the H family. It's like a big (displacement) B18a/b engine.

*edit*----thanks mike U. for the rule addendum

jmeris

Edited by Guest

What is it about the hatch you don't like? I know type r chassis are slightly better than the ek but what's the main reason for switching?

The main reason is I wanted a car that was legal for Improved Touring and Honda Challenge and that is not possible with the hatch.

I also want to do some enduro's with Lenna and since the civic has already had all the defroster/wiper/headlight wiring removed (Stuff I don't feel like re-wiring). There where also some changes I was planning to the cage. By the time I added all this up it was just easier to get a new shell.

The main reason is I wanted a car that was legal for Improved Touring and Honda Challenge and that is not possible with the hatch.

Why would you want to do this? Making a car that satisfy both rules means neither is maximize.

I also want to do some enduro's with Lenna and since the civic has already had all the defroster/wiper/headlight wiring removed (Stuff I don't feel like re-wiring). There where also some changes I was planning to the cage. By the time I added all this up it was just easier to get a new shell.

Just do the enduro with the current car, or Lenna's civic. Defroster, wiper and headlight is easy wiring to an independent switch.

I think by building a new car, you are taking time off track, which IMHO is the most beneficial.

Why would you want to do this? Making a car that satisfy both rules means neither is maximize.

Basically the only thing I won't have for HC is a flywheel I will be able to make weight for both. Plus I really doubt that any of the small differences in the two classes will matter at my level of driving. My brother is going to be building a Improved Touring BMW in SoCal and I would like the ability to go race with him when there is not a HC race going on. Plus with me most of the time the reason I cannot make a race is a schedule conflict so a car that is legal in more places leaves me more choices.

I think by building a new car, you are taking time off track, which IMHO is the most beneficial.

I agree but to me it is worth the trade, the car will be ready by the beginning of next season, 90% of the stuff I have can just transfer over.

Hey, if you need bearing stuff for the car, let me know.

I will be getting your new front lower arms

Percy, it seem like you have nothing but bad luck with this car. What did Shad say about the car? Isn't Shad has been working on the car? Shadis very good and I'm surprise you are having as much trouble if he has been working on the car.

I think you need someone good and you trust to really go over the car. This has caused lots of money and headache.

Yeah, seat time is most important.

Aftermarket arms are legal in H2?

I'll 2nd the seat time. I did a wednesday test day @ Infineon last november and over 85-90 laps. I changed nothing all day long, other than filling it with gas and changing tires. I started the day doing 1:50.x and and ended doing consistant low 1:48's. I learned alot of my car, the track and just gained a ton of confidence in myself and the car.

No Andrie sells OEM replacement front arms with Mono ball bushings already installed.

http://prima-racing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=7

WK-4092-FLCA-1.jpg

I'll 2nd the seat time. I did a wednesday test day @ Infineon last november and over 85-90 laps. I changed nothing all day long, other than filling it with gas and changing tires. I started the day doing 1:50.x and and ended doing consistant low 1:48's. I learned alot of my car, the track and just gained a ton of confidence in myself and the car.

Graham, typically how much does it cost to test at Infineon?

John A

... typically how much does it cost to test at Infineon?

John A

http://infineonraceway.com/raceway%5Finfo/track%5Frental%5Ftesting/testing%5Finformation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TESTING FEES

FULL TEST DAYS (6-plus hours)

Full day $525

Half day (afternoon session only) $325

SHORT TEST DAYS (5 hours or less)

Full day $375

Half day (afternoon session only) $280

Note: Credit will not be given for mechanical failure, driver error, etc.

I understand that there are some track day guys that rent out the track and get a significant discount on entry fees. I was told in the neighborhood of the high 100's to mid 200's. I thought maybe Graham knows a little something about that. I suppose the question I should've asked is:

"Graham, what do you typically pay to test at infineon? Do you piggy back someone else's track/test day and thus getting you a break on the testing fees?"

John A.

No Andrie sells OEM replacement front arms with Mono ball bushings already installed.

http://prima-racing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WK-4092-FLCA-1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it still use a urethane with a metal sleeve? That's what it looks like in the pic. I'm just comparing that to this:

wicked%20008.jpg

i believe i paid $375 for the full day. 8am till 4pm. There were no "session". just open track from 8 to 12 and 1 to 4.

It was a blast. Spoon were there testing their new Civic Type R and a World Speed Motorsports were there with a few open wheel cars. There was never more than 8-10 cars on track at once.

definetly worth the money.

http://prima-racing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WK-4092-FLCA-1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it still use a urethane with a metal sleeve? That's what it looks like in the pic. I'm just comparing that to this:

John, it's bearing with rubber protective cover. I should have taken the cover off as the next batch won't have the rubber cover anymore as we don't think it's needed and to keep the cost in check.