2009 Rules

Tom A

They are always set up as far as i can remember. If i need to start bringing my scales i can. Just let me know.

I like the idea of having scales on site. We could take full advantage of our competition weights and know for sure that we're all legal.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• Shawn M.

• Tom A

They are always set up as far as i can remember. If i need to start bringing my scales i can. Just let me know.

I like the idea of having scales on site. We could take full advantage of our competition weights and know for sure that we're all legal.

We will see if we can work in a no notice weight check at Road Atlanta then....

I wonder if "race weight" is the opposite of "dating weight"

Probably more points assest to the s2000 for TT

Congrats on your win this year.

We're seeing it here; maybe you are, too. The later AP2's are definitely faster than AP1's, all things being equal. Despite the Honda-stated numbers, real world dynos are bearing this out. Stock aero on AP2's is reportedly 5% better than AP1's as well. The S2000 is quite a competent machine, however, if any changes are made point-wise, hopefully MY's will be considered.

MORE WEIGHT! +1000 lbs for every time you get the biggest picture in a magazine. Its a nice shot by the way.

Is there a reason why there is only a 45lbs weight difference between the AP1 vs AP2 in TT's, but a 100lbs difference in H1?

We will see if we can work in a no notice weight check at Road Atlanta then....

Just so long as the scales are available in advance, too. I'm hoping to use the scales to optimize and stay legal.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's the word on the 09 rules? We're what? Two months out? The rules for the RA-1 tire changed for the w2w guys, how about us? Also, is the points for parts rule set going away? I don't care one way or another, but for us low-budget folks, more notice is better.

It's been nearly a month since I emailed my TT license application to NASA, and I have yet to get a response from them, despite my follow-up emails and phone calls (exactly who is now in possession of the application form with my credit card number on it?).

With that being said, I don't know why you think they would be able to release the 2009 rules before the 2010 season.

Mark

It's been nearly a month since I emailed my TT license application to NASA, and I have yet to get a response from them, despite my follow-up emails and phone calls (exactly who is now in possession of the application form with my credit card number on it?).

Mark

I faxed mine on November 6. I just assumed it might be a little bit until either they gathered a few to do at the same time, or it was the end of the year, and others things needed to be wrapped up first. Either way, we don't have an event until February, so I can wait.

The rules, on the other hand, need to come out much sooner than later. It's difficult to try to grow our region(low TT numbers) if we can't share the rules with them.

Our first event is in early Feb and we just ran the last one of the 2008 season yesterday.

The rule set would be nice...I want bigger base class tires for TTB and TTA!

...I want bigger base class tires for TTB and TTA!

Preferably before I sell the last of my big tires.

Based on what I saw last weekend I need bigger tires (or bigger 00 ) to be competitive.

Based on what I saw last weekend I need bigger tires (or bigger 00 ) to be competitive.

Based on what I saw that last session, I'm going to need a JATO to be competitive with Patrick.

MY TTB 350Z Grand Touring comes stock with 265 tires, so having a 255 base sux. However I do understand that the goal is to equalize the cars in-class. But who wants to be equal?

But while I am bitchin about tires, I will petition for the 350Z Grand Touring & Track Models to loose the * in TTC*. I can see maybe a 3-5 point penalty for the LSD and Brembo Brake package over a base Z-car, but not 7 points. The Nissan traction control/anti-skid sux for the track, so we have to completely disable that feature. So maybe those points could be "given back"! (PLz, plz, plz) What would that be ? 2 or 3 points give-back for "documented" traction control removal? I could live with that.

Question: Should I "formally" request that points give back for the Anti-skid/traction control?

Under these rules a Track or GT 350Z in not competitive in TTB, but would at least be closer in TTC if the * was removed or some points officially given back.

The BIG issues in CAMBER or lack of it. The Z doesn't have adjustable front camber. So I have to take points for adjustable front A-Arms...where many other cars can use camber plates for free...This just barely pushes the car into TTB, (with basic sport shocks, springs, sways, R-comps in 275,etc)

Note: 350Z are getting pretty cheap now, so with some minor points changes, you might get more 350Z running in PT/TT ! Heck they are getting cheap enough now for a Spec-Z class! (Humm, I need to think more about this...sounds like a pretty good idea)

How about having the tire size points based on your final class and not your base class. I have to take 13 points to run the same tires that everyone else in TTA gets to run for free!

How about having the tire size points based on your final class and not your base class. I have to take 13 points to run the same tires that everyone else in TTA gets to run for free!

your base class takes that into account and you could in theory get stuck in a loop between classes as well with that method in place

if theres a solution for the latter, its doable, but will likely not gain you anything due to the former

• 2 weeks later...
BTW, it would be three points in '09.

Yes, the rules are coming out soon--getting some final approvals.

And, duct tape is standard on most American cars, just not usually Z06's.

Brought here from another thread. The response was posted Tuesday.

little bit of rules creep there...

specifically:

7 ) ECU reprogramming and chips are now a No-Points modification. The OEM ECU/PCM box/housing/hardware must be used, though.

8 ) Similarly, SAFC’s and VAFC’s, and altered sensor inputs are No-Points mods.

12 ) Front and rear strut tower bars with two attachment points are No-Points mods. This includes bars built into a cage.

guess I'll be buying a few items to keep up with the Jones's now I saw the thread on the integrated strut tower bar stuff, but whats the justification for #7 & #8 being open suddenly??

I can see allowing #7, since it would take way too much effort to effectively police that kind of thing (electronic trickery, that is), so just say "to hell with it" and let everybody go ahead and do it...kinda like traction control in professional racing a few years ago.

Mark