"The Loooong Race", 10/16&17, Blackhawk Farms

Sidney

Midwestern Council's last race of the season is "The Looooong Race". These are 50 lap/100 mile races. Co-drivers are welcome. Usually big fields due to being the last event in the Midwest pulling many SCCA racers. AGS should have 12 to 15 cars without any AI regulars (this number does not include AIX type cars such as Griswald). If you're up to racing the weekend after Putnam Park, this will be fun. Entry fee should be around $150 and that gets a Practice session, qualifying session, and 50 lap race. Free camping and party Saturday night. Blackhawk Farms is located near Rockton, IL just off I-90.

Sidney Franklin

AGS/AI #64

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone,

Back by popular request, Chicagoland Sports Car Club presents the 34th Annual "That Loooong Race". Join us on October 16 & 17 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in South Beloit, IL for an end-of-season celebration of everything that’s special about Fall, Friends and Midwestern Council Sports Car Racing! Event details, including the schedule, registration information, and a summary of race groupings are included in the Registration Form which is in the mail to the Midwestern Council members. In addition, the Registration form is available online at the Chicagoland Sports Car Club website in the "Downloads & Forms" tab:

http://www.cscc-racing.com/downloadIndex.htm

For 2004, the schedule format has changed slightly to provide additional track time for all competitors. For the first time, Race Groups 1,2, and 3 will complete their Practice Session, Qualifying, and Race on Saturday, while Groups 4, 5, and 6 will complete the Practice Session, Qualifying, and their Race on Sunday. This eliminates the need for those in Groups 4, 5, and 6 to attend a Practice session on Saturday as in the past. The 50 lap format with Drivers, Co-Drivers, and registration of the same car in a different group remain the same. Vintage Historic competitors will compete in 2 shorter races on Saturday. The track will be open Friday Evening for Registration and Tech Inspection for those that want to come in and get set-up early.

The downloadable Entry Form (Adobe PDF file) can be printed and faxed to a local suburban Chicago area number (847-792-4001). As an added option, the form can also be edited while viewing, before it is printed. There is a button on the form to 'Reset' and clear the input. In addition there is a button that launches the MS Windows 'Print' facility, allowing one to print out page 5 and/or page 6 based on the registration choices. If you use this facility, remember to specify the pages to print, else you will print all 6 pages of the Registration kit as the default.

Regards,

Larry Best

CSCC Event Co-Chairman

Kevin Carr

CSCC Event Co-Chairman

• 3 weeks later...

Sidney, I hate those TTT things. Regardless, when did they start serving free beer? Hell, I'm in now. I'm going! I've got 5 days to get my non running car ready, but the long race is always a blast. How many do we have this year signed up do you know? Anyone who lives in the area and hasn't run Blackhawk Farms will find that it is a fun tough track. Now that the AI races are all over, it's time to see how durable those things are.

They always have free beer and pizza on Saturday night. Bob and I will be driving up Saturday afternoon to set up and will be staying at the Super 8 in Beloit. Hope you can make it. Should be lots of talk about AGS, AI, and the new Midwest NASA region!

Sidney